Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YFZ450 bogging  (Read 3514 times)
06hemiram

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:17:45 PM »

i bought an 07 YFZ450 3 weeks ago and have noticed that when i accelerate from idle it always bogs and dies.. when its moving it runs great. ive read around the forums and notice a lot of people have been having more or less the same problem.. so i basically understand that i need to rejet and i am. what i dont understand is the part about the carb needle... what does it do and do i need to mess with it?? any help is greatly appriciated

* Don't like the Pigs *

-06 Dodge Ram Hemi
-07 Yamaha YFZ450
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:43:53 AM »

most yfz's that I have tuned seem to run well with a 45 pilot and a 175 main. needle in the 3 down from top slot or the 4 down from top slot. also I put on the boysen quick shot are you still running the stock exhaust and air filter because that will also play into your tuning you should tune it and run it around some and pull the plug and check the color of the plug your looking for a creamy brown center

steve

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
06hemiram

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 12:52:09 AM »

yea its completely stock.. i went to the dealer the other day and bought the dynojet kit.. i get it monday so im not gonna be able to ride it with the new jets until next weekend.

* Don't like the Pigs *

-06 Dodge Ram Hemi
-07 Yamaha YFZ450
trey82

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 12:57:58 AM »

I wouldn't have bought anything. Just take it to the dealer and tell them you just bought it and its never ran right, they should fix it for free.

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »

I wouldn't have bought anything. Just take it to the dealer and tell them you just bought it and its never ran right, they should fix it for free.

exactly
PowerStroke 7.3

LTR450

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »

We have come up with a cheep solution for this problem. If you send in your carb. we can take the bogg almost compleatly out. It cost $60 and you will have to tune it when you get it back and it is very easy. We will provide instructions on  how to do it as well. Or if you want to spend some extra money you can buy the 2007 crf450 float bowl and linkage and that should take care of the problem as well.

03 Z450- JB frame and subframe, JB swingarm, Laeger Protraxx arms and stem, PEP shocks, Yoshi 450 kit, baldwin head,Sparks pipe, DG bumper, DG skidplate,DG grabbar,Quadtech shrouds, much moreGONE
2004 Walsh/Elka Yfz450GONE
2006 TM LTR450...Rath nerfs,bumper,houser stem,fastco bars. Come to come#112
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com