Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I don't like about our current president  (Read 27195 times)
Anoriginal

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2007, 09:49:48 PM »

You left out a bunch, but even what you posted is clearly not Trickle Down Economics. He relieves some taxes here and adds some here. Not cutting taxes for the rich so the rich can get richer like the trickle theory. Most important thing you left out was the 10 cent increase in tax gas every year for five years. Not flat!

Anyways I'm done with ha, Many people PM about you being stuburn damn they were right.
I going to go trickle down in the toilet now.

Of course I left out a bunch. But, then again, I only addressed the points raised in your diatribe. And as far as the .10 per year tax, it was early on. At the time he dropped out of hte race, he was preaching a flat .50 tax....... and that ain't no google pasting.  Kiss

Also, it's funny how at every turn, I've demolished your arguments and then you try to draw off onto something unrelated...kind of like the Ross Perot discussion you brought into this thread. Headlong, you've been unable to present anything supporting your opinions or statements. Rather, you resort to personal attacks and misdirection such as my magically equating Ross Perot with trickledown economics. Never said that. However, I did believe in his economic policy which included NUMEROUS tax cuts in what I believed to be the right areas while providing definitive increases in areas capable of supporting the same.

And its not that I am stubborn. Rather, I am quick to call BS on people who rattle off unfounded opinions without an educated basis. If you believe your own hype, then get into the issues and actually develop the ability to discuss/debate them on a decent level rather than branching off anytime you're beaten back and resulting to personal attacks that establish only your immaturity and lack of intellect on the subject at hand.  Cry  Look at Fish's original post. I don't necessarily agree with all of it; however, I respect the fact it is well thought out, avoids personal attacks and isn't off the cuff.

Fish started this thread as a discussion/debate on the current administration. I've simply participated as invited to do so.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:01:42 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »

Hey Smoke and Mirrors, you need to stop arguing and get packing for the plex trip, I bought a new razor for this.  Wink
Anoriginal

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2007, 10:07:57 PM »

Hey Smoke and Mirrors, you need to stop arguing and get packing for the plex trip, I bought a new razor for this.  Wink

You know, you're right. I'm going down stairs right now and put two thongs in a zip lock, load up a cooler and get ready to rumble.  Wink
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2007, 10:11:57 PM »

You know, you're right. I'm going down stairs right now and put two thongs in a zip lock, load up a cooler and get ready to rumble.  Wink

Leopard skin?
Anoriginal

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »

Leopard skin?

One leopard skin and one hot pink leather with tassles and fringe.....cause that's how we roll.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »

Leopard skin?

One leopard skin and one hot pink leather with tassles and fringe.....cause that's how we roll.

Like this?

Sorry for the post hijack.
Anoriginal

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »

I look much hotter than that.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »

Damn it to hell, I just typed a reply to you Anoriginal that took over an hour including dinner squezed in and when I went to post it said the page has expired  Bonk Cry Cry Cry.  It was some of my best writing to date  Grin.  Why me, why why me  Cry.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2007, 11:38:17 PM »

You left out a bunch, but even what you posted is clearly not Trickle Down Economics. He relieves some taxes here and adds some here. Not cutting taxes for the rich so the rich can get richer like the trickle theory. Most important thing you left out was the 10 cent increase in tax gas every year for five years. Not flat!

Anyways I'm done with ha, Many people PM about you being stuburn damn they were right.
I going to go trickle down in the toilet now.

Of course I left out a bunch. But, then again, I only addressed the points raised in your diatribe. And as far as the .10 per year tax, it was early on. At the time he dropped out of hate race, he was preaching a flat .50 tax....... and that ain't no goggle pasting.  Kiss

Also, it's funny how at every turn, I've demolished your arguments and then you try to draw off onto something unrelated...kind of like the Ross Perot discussion you brought into this thread. Headlong, you've been unable to present anything supporting your opinions or statements. Rather, you resort to personal attacks and misdirection such as my magically equating Ross Perot with trickledown economics. Never said that. However, I did believe in his economic policy which included NUMEROUS tax cuts in what I believed to be the right areas while providing definitive increases in areas capable of supporting the same.

And its not that I am stubborn. Rather, I am quick to call BS on people who rattle off unfounded opinions without an educated basis. If you believe your own hype, then get into the issues and actually develop the ability to discuss/debate them on a decent level rather than branching off anytime you're beaten back and resulting to personal attacks that establish only your immaturity and lack of intellect on the subject at hand.  Cry  Look at Fish's original post. I don't necessarily agree with all of it; however, I respect the fact it is well thought out, avoids personal attacks and isn't off the cuff.

Fish started this thread as a discussion/debate on the current administration. I've simply participated as invited to do so.
You call yourself a register democrat, You push upon your beliefs like your the grand Pooh pa of all knowedge. Quick to accuse BS but not on yourself.
You ask for facts about the recession of the early 90's
Also ask for facts about the trillions of Dept that was accrued after Bush Sr.
What facts there all facts duh. Are you really dumb enough to think the people viewing this topic can't remember that.
You must learn to deal with it. Your opinion is the minority on this topic abroad. Its a Neanderthal way of thinking. Giving tax breaks to wealthy to stimulate the economy and hopefully that trickles down to the lower classes. Thats really working, look at the statics the poor class is the largest growing class right now.
You sound like you narrating Rush Limbaugh.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 01:14:01 AM »

Anoriginal, I will get back with you tomorrow I am just too pissed right now to try and type all that crap (I mean information  Wink).
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »

David Truskoff a lot smarter than you buddy. I google this topic and that was one of many bashing trickle down economics with facts, do I have to post more. I think you have an ego problem. I can't believe that you can argue the statics that were presented. People can see through your smoke and mirrors. Prove to me your facts. Your in denial about the trickle down economics recession of the early 90's. Your in denial about the deficient it caused. I guess your pushing for this country to be like south America, 2 classes rich and poor with no middle class.
Show me were Ross Perot was for giving tax breaks for the rich to stimulate the economy, He was for tax breaks for the poor maybe but thats not trickle down.
I thought this was about politics, not radio interference...I give up Wink
Anoriginal

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2007, 08:13:57 AM »

trx - Thanks for proving my points with your last post.

Fish -

I've been there myself and know what you mean. I hate it when that happens. Oh well, do it when you can. I look forward to your post.

~ Cheers
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 10:48:54 AM »

So its sad to say your like Chaney and Bush. Thats fine Its your right.
  Statistics don't lie my friend!!!!!!!   Deal

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »

I heard Bush and Cheney have pit bulls.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2007, 11:14:43 AM »

And fight them against each other.

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Anoriginal

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »

So its sad to say your like Chaney and Bush. Thats fine Its your right.
  Statistics don't lie my friend!!!!!!!   Deal

Every time you post....I look better.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »

Somebody tell Paul his inbox is full. Trying to PM him.

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2007, 11:23:50 AM »

And fight them against each other.

Gaaaaaasp. I'm so ashamed to have voted for them.
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2007, 11:35:32 AM »

Cry Cry Shocked

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »

Cry Cry Shocked
Keep it up fat boy and meet the pimp hand. Evil

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »

LMAO at you guys.  Rolling on the Floor Laughing
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2007, 12:53:23 AM »

Fish, I will also be chiming in but I'm headed out of town until Tuesday.  Unless my points have been covered, you can be sure your points will be picked apart piece-by-piece.  That post is typical, left wing puppeteering.  Talk about an earpiece; whose on the other end of yours?  I can't wait for the day I meet a Democrat that can actually bring an educated, fact-based argument to the table.  Can you actually think for yourself?  BTW, have you ever read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution of The United States?  Have you ever read the histories of the men who wrote and signed these documents?  With one or two exceptions, they were all deeply religious men of God.  That doesn't mean I agree with all of this administration's agendas but to judge a president's performance on the basis of the deepness of his religious beliefs is asinine as well as a number of your other points.  I regret I have but one minute to devote to this argument.  I shall return!   Wink

I can't believe this thread died so quickly, I think I may have seriously underestimated fishes troll abilities!
Lets see if I can give it a jumpstart.  Wink

Many Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply does not hold to the historical evidence.

Of course many Americans did practice Christianity, but so also did many believe in deistic philosophy. Indeed, most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism and Freemasonry tenets rather than to Christianity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the 1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State." Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation between religion and government in the Constitution of the United States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from our Founding Fathers.

If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church & State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of religion and non religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have more churches than Seven-Elevens.

Although many secular and atheist groups fight for the wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems, regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Declaration of Independence

Many Christian's who think of America as founded upon Christianity usually present the Declaration of Independence as "proof" of a Christian America. The reason appears obvious: the Declaration mentions God. (You may notice that some Christians avoid the Constitution, with its absence of God.)

However, the Declaration of Independence does not represent any law of the United States. It came before the establishment of our lawful government (the Constitution). The Declaration aimed at announcing the separation of America from Great Britain and it listed the various grievances with them. The Declaration includes the words, "The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America." The grievances against Great Britain no longer hold today, and we have more than thirteen states.

Although the Declaration may have influential power, it may inspire the lofty thoughts of poets and believers, and judges may mention it in their summations, it holds no legal power today. It represents a historical document about rebellious intentions against Great Britain at a time before the formation of our government.

Of course the Declaration stands as a great political document. Its author aimed at a future government designed and upheld by people and not based on a superstitious god or religious monarchy. It observed that all men "are created equal" meaning that we all get born with the abilities of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That "to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men." Please note that the Declaration says nothing about our rights secured by Christianity. It bears repeating: "Governments are instituted among men."

The pursuit of happiness does not mean a guarantee of happiness, only that we have the freedom to pursue it. Our Law of the Land incorporates this freedom of pursuit in the Constitution. We can believe or not believe as we wish. We may succeed or fail in our pursuit, but our Constitution (and not the Declaration) protects our unalienable rights in our attempt at happiness.

Moreover, the mentioning of God in the Declaration does not describe the personal God of Christianity. Thomas Jefferson who held deist beliefs, wrote the majority of the Declaration. The Declaration describes "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God." This nature's view of God agrees with deist philosophy and might even appeal to those of pantheistical beliefs, but any attempt to use the Declaration as a support for Christianity will fail for this reason alone.

The Treaty of Tripoli

Unlike most governments of the past, the American Founding Fathers set up a government divorced from any religion. Their establishment of a secular government did not require a reflection to themselves of its origin; they knew this as a ubiquitous unspoken given. However, as the United States delved into international affairs, few foreign nations knew about the intentions of the U.S. For this reason, an insight from at a little known but legal document written in the late 1700s explicitly reveals the secular nature of the U.S. government to a foreign nation. Officially called the "Treaty of peace and friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary," most refer to it as simply the Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, it states:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The preliminary treaty began with a signing on 4 November, 1796 (the end of George Washington's last term as president). Joel Barlow, the American diplomat served as counsel to Algiers and held responsibility for the treaty negotiations. Barlow had once served under Washington as a chaplain in the revolutionary army. He became good friends with Paine, Jefferson, and read Enlightenment literature. Later he abandoned Christian orthodoxy for rationalism and became an advocate of secular government. Joel Barlow wrote the original English version of the treaty, including Amendment 11. Barlow forwarded the treaty to U.S. legislators for approval in 1797. Timothy Pickering, the secretary of state, endorsed it and John Adams concurred (now during his presidency), sending the document on to the Senate. The Senate approved the treaty on June 7, 1797, and officially ratified by the Senate with John Adams signature on 10 June, 1797. All during this multi-review process, the wording of Article 11 never raised the slightest concern. The treaty even became public through its publication in The Philadelphia Gazette on 17 June 1797.

So here we have a clear admission by the United States in 1797 that our government did not found itself upon Christianity. Unlike the Declaration of Independence, this treaty represented U.S. law as all U.S. Treaties do (see the Constitution, Article VI, Sect.2: "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof, and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every State shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.")

Although the Treaty of Tripoli under agreement only lasted a few years and no longer has legal status, it clearly represented the feelings of our Founding Fathers at the beginning of the American government.

Admit it, you guys missed me. LMAO

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2007, 11:22:24 PM »

Did you just call me a troll  Dunno
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2007, 09:27:47 AM »

Did you just call me a troll  Dunno

No, I just questioned your trolling skills. Making a post against GW on this site really can't be construed as anything else IMO. Not that I have any room to talk, seems I got skunked. Hahaha. That is why I use a speargun these days.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2007, 08:02:09 PM »

Fish, I will also be chiming in but I'm headed out of town until Tuesday.  Unless my points have been covered, you can be sure your points will be picked apart piece-by-piece.  That post is typical, left wing puppeteering.  Talk about an earpiece; whose on the other end of yours?  I can't wait for the day I meet a Democrat that can actually bring an educated, fact-based argument to the table.  Can you actually think for yourself?  BTW, have you ever read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution of The United States?  Have you ever read the histories of the men who wrote and signed these documents?  With one or two exceptions, they were all deeply religious men of God.  That doesn't mean I agree with all of this administration's agendas but to judge a president's performance on the basis of the deepness of his religious beliefs is asinine as well as a number of your other points.  I regret I have but one minute to devote to this argument.  I shall return!   Wink

Here is a fact base argument that can't be argued:

This country will be hitting the big 4,000 for number of young men and women who have died in the Iraq conflict. That is undisputable. We should have left Saddam in charge and there would be 4,000 young people , like ourselves, alive now. What a waste! I am a suporter of our armed services but not for the Iraq conflict, a waste of American lives and money. So sad!

Here's another fact for you Wiburz.  If Bill Clinton had gone in on any of the opportunities he had to kill Osama and the other leaders of al Qaeda and the Taliban, 3,000+ wouldn't have died in a single day on September 11, 2001!  Get over yourself.  More people die in a month on our nation's roads and highways than have died in the four years of this conflict.  Are you crying for them?  These soldiers joined the armed forces for what it stands for.  There was a calling they had to answer and that calling is freedom  Do you think for a second there hasn't been another "9/11" because the work our soldiers are doing in the Middle East hasn't made it possible?  What would these people have wrought upon us if we had continued Clinton's head in the sand response he made famous during his administration?  Why do you think they attacked us in the first place?  Because Clinton had proven this country is full of a bunch of panty-waste, tree huggin' Democratic pous-says that would rather look for a way to appease a bully than knock him on his ass.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:04:35 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com