Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: honda 250ex smoke need help adjusting carb  (Read 2811 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2007, 06:17:17 PM »

when I run my four wheeler lately it seems that it smokes when you give it 3 quarters throttle or more.

I dont think its burning oil because I checked the oil afterwards and it stayed at the same level.

The smoke is like white almost as if its burning water but its air cooled so thats not possible. I think its getting too much fuel.

The quad is running fine except at when i'm at high speeds and going over whoops it will occasionally foul out.

Any ideas. Anyone know the make of the carb? I see the idle adjustment screw but don't see anything to adjust the carb.

thanks
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »

white smoke meens your burning oil black smoke meens its runing rich. your probably burning a litle bit of oil. in most cases whene you burn just a litle bit of ol you will never see the oil level go down unless you dont change the oil for 3 years. its not realy a big deal to burn a litle oil.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:47:07 AM »

white smoke meens your burning oil black smoke meens its runing rich. your probably burning a litle bit of oil. in most cases whene you burn just a litle bit of ol you will never see the oil level go down unless you dont change the oil for 3 years. its not realy a big deal to burn a litle oil.

i thought blue smoke meant oil. it smells like gas to me but i could be wrong. it smells like the exhaust of a 60s muscle car my friends got.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com