Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMP Xtreme in Live Oak is back open!  (Read 14847 times)
jman 31

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »

We are now open again! Last of the permit stuff went through today. We will be open from 10 am to 4 pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of this week. So come out and ride off some of that weight you gain on turkey day. Cost is $20 per rider per day plus a $5.00 per day membership or you can pay for a year membership for $35.00. This is required by our insurance company.

Jeremy Ulmer
AMP Xtreme

386 208-5309
Ellis#8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »

BEST TRACK IN FLA  //  HANDS DOWN  RYAN *8
jmgolub

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:19:19 AM »

do u have trail riding also ? or just sport bike stuff ?. I live just a few minutes from you.
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »

Just an MX track for now. We do have some woods and other stuff we'll be doing in the future but its not ready yet  Wink

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 11:08:11 AM »

are there any good hotels near the track?
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 06:28:52 PM »

We do have several hotels nearby, about 8-10 miles from the track.

Best Western Suwannee River Inn
 - www.bestwestern.com
6819 US Highway 129, Live Oak - (386) 362-6000

Econo Lodge
6811 N. US 129 & I-10
Live Oak, FL, US, 32060

Holiday Inn Express-Live Oak
6694 US Highway 129
Live Oak, FL 32060
(386) 362-2600

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1986 ATC250R
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:01:27 PM »

Congrats on re opening. I heard your neighbors were giving you a hard time. Its a shame that its so hard to have fun in this world. Good luck.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 11:40:49 PM »

Thanks Chillin. I'm sure we'll work our way out through all of this. I need to build some hills up here in the back, maybe I could get you and Hey Ron to ride up sometime  Wink

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1986 ATC250R
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »

I'm sorry to say it. I do appreciatte anywhere to ride but those prices are way out of reach in my opinion. $20 a day per person. A family of four would be $80 per day. Plus membership fees. And you only offer a motocross track. You may want to check with other places to ride and see who their insurance company is with. Most only require a waiver. Most other places are $20 to $30 a weekend and offer more options on riding.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »

Huh Huh Huh

Where do you normaly practice?  The only track that doesn't charge 20.00 is Dade City.  But then again you only get 4 hrs of practice.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
jman 31

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 09:10:28 AM »

I'm sorry to say it. I do appreciatte anywhere to ride but those prices are way out of reach in my opinion. $20 a day per person. A family of four would be $80 per day. Plus membership fees. And you only offer a motocross track. You may want to check with other places to ride and see who their insurance company is with. Most only require a waiver. Most other places are $20 to $30 a weekend and offer more options on riding.

Try opening a track and let me know how that goes for you. We just shelled out $6,000.00 for a permit, topo survey and engineering to tell us we don't need to do anything! It takes a lot of $20 bills to make up $6,000.00 and that doesn't even get into our lease, insurance, start up costs and operating expenses. I would love to let everyone ride for $10.00 per person, but its just not feasible. We would love to have your business, but we have to stay in business to get it.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 09:25:13 AM »

I'm just trying to give some contructive criticism. You have  the motoplex thats just down the road. They have a good motocross track, mud pits, trails and a dragstrip. $10 a day on weekends and feature weekends its $20. Creekbottom, which is north of you 100 miles is $20 for adults for a two day weekend. They are mostly for utes as they don't have a motocross track. Plenty of trails and mud. L-cross in Okeechobee is $30 for a three day weekend. I think C&R is the same price as L-Cross. I know their in Okeechobee but wouldn't you want some people from that way to come to your place also. There are other places around that I have not been to. Just saying. Less riding for more money.

jman 31

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »

Just to put in a little perspective for you, what do you think is better 200 people at $10 per day or 100 people at $20 per day? Same amount of money, but a whole lot less wear and tear on the track. If we were established and getting 200 people per weekend this might be feasible, but we are brand new and are trying to provide a first class operation. What is a reasonable number to charge for a premier motocross track in your opinion? Not a rutted up sand track, but a nice, well groomed clay track. I think a serious racer is not so much concerned about the trails and such, but want a first class race track.

Eventually we will have trails, flat track, possible a TT track and a mud pit. This area will definitely be cheaper as it takes a lot less time and $$ to keep operating.

Thanks for your input though we will do everything we can to keep the cost down.

Jeremy
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 10:01:56 AM »

200 people at $10 would be better. Because those 200 will bring friends the next time. Now you have 300. Now what happens when those 100 you have cannot make it out there, you have 50 or 75. I guess 100 is better if you only want so many people out there. Maybe it will be better to have less until you get it completed with other areas to ride because the track can only hold just so many. I hope you reconsider pricing after you get mud and trails. That way you can have more people.

jman 31

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »

200 people at $10 would be better. Because those 200 will bring friends the next time. Now you have 300. Now what happens when those 100 you have cannot make it out there, you have 50 or 75. I guess 100 is better if you only want so many people out there. Maybe it will be better to have less until you get it completed with other areas to ride because the track can only hold just so many. I hope you reconsider pricing after you get mud and trails. That way you can have more people.

I really do appreciate the input. I will definitely take all of this into consideration. It still is a matter of dollars and cents for us right now. I haven't had any of the guys that come complain that we were charging too much for what we offer. It will help when we get the rest open, but we need money to do the other things. There's only so much we can do at a time. I am glad that other riding areas are able to charge so little, it really helps the budget rider/racer, but at this point in time we have to make ends meet.
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »

Its still cheaper then croom and ONF.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
#21yfz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »

Amp Xtreme is well worth the 20 a day to practice all day..that track is top notch and well takin care of, id rather go there over any other track in florida..and im about 5 hours away..plus the only way a new track like this can grow is if we help support them by riding there and doin whatever it is that we can to help...but this is just my opinion
lee

always looking for new riders to meet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 05:14:58 PM »

Hey Jeremy, dont even pay any attention to these cheap people, I've lived here all my life,we are not spoiled with places to ride I will gladly pay any fee you guys ask to ride on a awsome track around super nice people well worth every penny to me,just my 2 cents.....
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 05:59:35 PM »

It costs:
25.00 a day at Hardrock.
20.00 w/ membership and 30.00 w/o membership per day to ride Waldo/Bithlo for 15 minutes an hour and with dirtbikes.
20.00 Per day to ride Lakeland (15 minutes an hour and only open 4-5 hrs).
25.00 per day for Pax (15-20 minutes an hour).

To top it off most of those tracks are no where near the quality of AMP.  I could see a trail or recreational rider not wanting to pay that much for a family, but it is average pricing for practice at a motocross track.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:02:21 PM by Mrs.Nightbreed » Logged
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »

It costs:
25.00 a day at Hardrock.
20.00 w/ membership and 30.00 w/o membership per day to ride Waldo/Bithlo for 15 minutes an hour and with dirtbikes.
20.00 Per day to ride Lakeland (15 minutes an hour and only open 4-5 hrs).
25.00 per day for Pax (15-20 minutes an hour).

To top it off most of those tracks are no where near the quality of AMP.  I could see a trail or recreational rider not wanting to pay that much for a family, but it is average pricing for practice at a motocross track.

i agree!!!! Smiley
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 06:04:17 PM »

Also keep in mind:
Liability Insurance for a place like that is UNREAL
Gate employees, people to run equipment all cost money
Port O Pottys are actually pretty expensive when you throw in 4-5 of them
Permitting is expensive
Fuel prices to run the equipment are expensive
Not to mention the cost of the payment or rental fees for the equipment.

Tracks require a lot of time and maintenance. It is not some trail that has been warn in or cut out in the woods. It is not government land. These people are in it for a profit too. It is a business. I know I wouldn't want to put in 40 hours a week and not put anything in my pocket.
Jakes Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 10:28:08 AM »

We've been to 8 different MX tracks so far in Fl. and those prices are right in line with everyone else. So it looks like we might be heading up that way tomorrow to check it out.
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 10:31:25 AM »

seminole mx is $22 a day and you get to choose from two different style tracks. so $20 a day is a deal.  saying it is pricy is just from lack of knowledge. pepsi air dania was $25 a night! and it was clay and was all dirtbikes.
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

Just got back from Miami MX and they charge $25 a day and it's just a dirt track. There were a lot of people out today since the weather was so nice. Considering there is no place to ride this place is good and they are working on it more and more (today they had trucks bringing in dirt all day). here is a video of the track before they changed it up and extended it.

I wish they had a yearly or monthly charge for those that would ride there more and more since they are open during the week as well. $25 does add up quick. but we still go to get our ride on :-)

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

Iam going to croom 50 X 2 = 100 for ayear  pass... the tracks would be nice if they had some woods but still at 20 aday x dad,mom, 2 kids + lunch,drinks,snacks  gas for the bikes and to get there a motel = more then i made for a weeks of work if its cost to much people wont show up just my 2 cents ...your the Boss  Cool
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com