Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a joke Weston is.  (Read 2063 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2007, 07:46:35 AM »

....bad enough they put houses over one of my favorite riding spots and surrounded my place with yuppies, now they want to ban fishing!!

Weston holds back fishing ban, instead plans to regulate floating docks

WESTON - The city, backtracking on a proposed fishing ban, now only plans to regulate floating docks, a city official said Monday evening.

The commission had tentatively approved fishing restrictions in a 3-1 vote earlier this month.

Commissioner Daniel Stermer cast the lone dissenting vote, saying he did not think the measure would withstand a court challenge.

On Monday night, City Manager John Flint said the ordinance had proven more complex than anticipated.

The city is now working on a revised measure that would only prohibit floating docks. A commission vote is expected Dec. 3.

As initially written, the ordinance would have required anglers to get permission from homeowners before walking on their property to get to the city's waterways.

It would also have made it illegal to fish from city-owned bridges and to use public rights of way to access the city's lakes and waterways for fishing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-weston-fishing-1120,0,1614520.story

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 08:33:41 AM »

That sucks azz. Back in the 90's. me & my friends used to have a blast fishing for peacock bass in those canals & lakes in the weston area.
Kinda like when we used to ride in the Pembroke Pines area or McNabb. Its all going away.
Makes me glad I moved from S.FL. when i did. Great bass fishin in central FL. but no peacock bass to be seen. Those bad boys fight like heck.
JackL, if I make the 'plex ride, we have to tip a col'beer.
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »

That sucks we use to ride and fish all around there i left Hollywood about 10 years ago came to palm beach and its time to move again they keep chaseing us out of florida but after all said  Sad money talks
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »

fish the ocean, they cant get you out there

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »

That sucks azz. Back in the 90's. me & my friends used to have a blast fishing for peacock bass in those canals & lakes in the weston area.
Kinda like when we used to ride in the Pembroke Pines area or McNabb. Its all going away.
Makes me glad I moved from S.FL. when i did. Great bass fishin in central FL. but no peacock bass to be seen. Those bad boys fight like heck.
JackL, if I make the 'plex ride, we have to tip a col'beer.

Yeah, progress is fixing to erase Holiday Park now. I have big old peacocks and those crazy carp in the drainage canal across my street, glad I have to throw a rock to hit Weston.

I hear you on the beer and looking forward to it.

fish the ocean, they cant get you out there

Man, you would think that but with the bag limits these days it is getting pretty beat as well. I guess they still let you do it...for now anyway.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
300 quadrunner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:51:09 PM »

fillet and release Wink , lmao bag limits are resonable, for now Sad

Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit
Pages: [1]   Go Up