Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Quad Scramble #5 HARD ROCK, OCALA!! DEC 1st  (Read 19166 times)
slam1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »

Are you just mad because its not a yammi on the trophies,lol. I can show you some from years ago that are utterly nasty, didnt even want to hang them. these trophies with that sweet honda on them are definitely hangable.

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
http://www.thesportslift.com
predatorracer8

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2007, 02:14:10 PM »

I saw you predatorracer after the tumble. I stopped you and asked if you were allright. I was headed to the 3:30 starting line and you were headed back to your pit. Despite the blood around your chin and face, you had a S eating grin from ear-to-ear. Hope you are okay.

In the first post of this thread, I did say "If you've never been to this place, hang on. It scares a lot of people!! I hear we are using every bit of this property and ALL tracks."
nuff' said.

Thanks to everyone who made this race happen.
The MX tracks were managable for sure.
The one place of two that scared me was a downhill in front of the camping area. Everyone who saw it said "you have to go up that?" No. We had to go down it! The first time, I felt like I landed at the bottom. THAT scared the bejeezus out of me. The other scary part was the long down hill before the finish line. You had to go downhill and over a wierd bump and then make a left back into the short woods. That wierd bump got me messed up and I would darn near hit the big tree that came up just after that. SCARY!! I LOVE IT!!
I will say what sucked was the trophies. Is it just me? The placement part does not even have a sticky thing to stick it to the plaque. The picture (C. Borich) looks like it was cut out of a newspaper by a three year old. AND no t-shirts Sad
Please remember that BSTR is a motocycle club and they went above and beyond to make all this happen. They should be praised for supplying a race for us.  Smiley

lol oh that was you? ya i dont know what s eating grin is but i am fine. that dirt tore all my graphics up, did anybody get videos there i saw alot of cameras but nobody has posted them up yet.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 02:58:18 PM »

I had a GREAT time, but damn arm pump got me BAD! lol i couldnt move my thumb after three laps, i was using my palm to throttle my bike! Still pulled out 2nd in 0-400 B though. Hopefully everyone had their heads turned when i almost took a nose dive on front table top on the main track. haha, i wasnt thinking apparently and hit the brake instead of the throttle. That was embarrassing. Cant wait for jax. didnt bend or break anything that isnt easy to fix so thats always a plus.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »

Thank's to the Big Scrub Club for hosting this race, specially for been a dirt bike club making a big effort to put this event toughether.

Great track, it had a lot of different conditions that we can hardly find in Fl. the mx on my opinion was OK . . . well I didn't like riding the Out Back backwords, but you could roll every jump if you didn't fill like jumping them, the drops were the best, it was very exiting to go for them (adrenaline)

My buddy Shawn in his first QS went over the bars on the first set of whoops on the woods, and dislocated his left shoulder but it is OK now, he got back from the hospital last night and he was filling OK, I hope everyone that got any accident is OK.

Sorry about your accident. Glad you finally got to make it to a race, aint it fun?
  Cant wait to see the scores, I'm betting Louis got another win.
[/quote]

Thank's Matt but I couldn't get any better then 3rd, this guys in +30 are getting too fast, we have yet another winner, this time was for Jimy Sheer, second for Kenneth I had a bad start and it was really hard for me to make up ground with the top guys, when I finally got up to third that was it, I couldn't get any further up.

Good job Kyle in your 2nd place in 0-400 B first race and got in the top

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »

Scores are up!!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2007, 10:11:43 PM »

Thank's to the Big Scrub Club for hosting this race, specially for been a dirt bike club making a big effort to put this event toughether.

Great track, it had a lot of different conditions that we can hardly find in Fl. the mx on my opinion was OK . . . well I didn't like riding the Out Back backwords, but you could roll every jump if you didn't fill like jumping them, the drops were the best, it was very exiting to go for them (adrenaline)

My buddy Shawn in his first QS went over the bars on the first set of whoops on the woods, and dislocated his left shoulder but it is OK now, he got back from the hospital last night and he was filling OK, I hope everyone that got any accident is OK.

Sorry about your accident. Glad you finally got to make it to a race, aint it fun?
  Cant wait to see the scores, I'm betting Louis got another win.

Thank's Matt but I couldn't get any better then 3rd, this guys in +30 are getting too fast, we have yet another winner, this time was for Jimy Sheer, second for Kenneth I had a bad start and it was really hard for me to make up ground with the top guys, when I finally got up to third that was it, I couldn't get any further up.

Good job Kyle in your 2nd place in 0-400 B first race and got in the top

[/quote] hey luis are you talking about shaun collister

YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2007, 01:08:05 PM »

Yes Tony! , yes it was Shawn Collister, he finally decide to come and race with us a QS since this had a lot of MX he would have been OK, but unfortunately he went over the bars and hurt his shoulder, he was OK last night but I haven't talked to him today.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2007, 01:23:03 PM »

Congrats on your 0-400 C win Mike, My son said it was fun racing with you, and looks forward to the competition in the next race. Hopefully his machine will hold up for the next one(hard to race with no clutch lever or shifter shaft) You might even have me to contend with if santa brings my parts. Hope to see tou in Jax.     PS I hope I remembered your name right.

Thanks alot, look forward to seein ya at Jacksonville. And yep you got name right. Only a Honda would keep goin without a clutch
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »

Hey what was that cool looking TT stuff that was down the hill? Those guys were sliding around and it looked fun. I wish they had something like that around here.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
backinsaddle

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »

Hey what was that cool looking TT stuff that was down the hill? Those guys were sliding around and it looked fun. I wish they had something like that around here.

it's a ball.  that's thunderbowl speedway.  they have their own section on this site as a subforum under the race forum.  you can find the schedule there.  we've run there several times for the tt race (they also race flat track, i.e. circle) and we love it.  we wanted to go that night to race the tt race until my son crashed.  it's easy to get hooked.  i know for the tt race he started allowing a nobby class.  sundays he has open practice, when we went it was fairly empty and we had plenty of track time. can't wait to get back Wink Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »

it's a ball.  that's thunderbowl speedway.  they have their own section on this site as a subforum under the race forum.  you can find the schedule there.  we've run there several times for the tt race (they also race flat track, i.e. circle) and we love it.  we wanted to go that night to race the tt race until my son crashed.  it's easy to get hooked.  i know for the tt race he started allowing a nobby class.  sundays he has open practice, when we went it was fairly empty and we had plenty of track time. can't wait to get back Wink Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Yep, "slidin' around" is very addictive! LOL. We have several woods guys that come and race TT and Flat Track. We have a TT and Flat Track race this Saturday, 12/8/07. It's our last race of the season, so c'mon out and give it a try. It should be a great day. I promise you'll love it! We have classes for adults and kids that have quads with knobby tires. Hit me up if you have any questions. 
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »

I wish I lived closer. I would like to try it out.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com