Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trails  (Read 3102 times)
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:07:18 AM »

At lake delancey west , how do you know exactly what trail your riding, last time i was there i had a map but couldnt figure out what trail i was on? When i look online at the trail map there looks like a lot of good trail but seems im always stuck on longleaf
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »

The color on the trail markers (red, yellow, brown, blue, purple) match the color of the trails on the map.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 09:05:21 AM »

i was thinking that but every trail i end up on is yellow
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

every trail out of DeLancy is Yellow.  If you go north and cross the road, you will run into the Delancy Loops (purple). othwise, you have to goe west to the western loop of the yellow trail to get to the other trails.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
pinkfloyd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »

good luck to a confusing trail system. It was better when you use a gps
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 08:56:09 PM »

We rode Some trails south of 573 and west of 19 today. Saw a few hunters but no problems with them. We moved over to let them by and gave a nice how are ya.

We stopped at the ORV are on 19 on the way home. Talked to a nice volunteer who was passing out brochures and verbal info. The bathrooms looked nice and the parking lot was well kept. Lot's of room no matter what size rig u have. The guy said he's been doing some grooming on the trails. A couple riders came up when we were talking and they confirmed the trails were nice.

One rider said that when the loop from Rodman to Big Scrub is completed it will be a nice system. I've ridden at Scrub for years and the new loop several times and enjoyed both. You're not going to be able to please every rider on this forum or who rides these trails. All I can say is, be happy there is something. The forestry doesn't owe us the privilage to be able to do this. I've been skeptical about this loop thing ever since it started but it looks like there is an effort to provide a nice area for our sport.

There's lot's of improvements to be made and hopefully it will be done. I see a good start. I think if we all give some feedback to these people and compliment them instead of 100% b!+ch!n all the time they will be willing to do more.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
pinkfloyd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 05:53:58 AM »

You really think they are going to do more, blinded by the light so to speak..
TRXASAURUS

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »

wow i see other have gotten the big screw 1st time there.  how about this, the first hour we were ever there...

read my whole rant here http://www.tampabayridindirty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1261&postcount=21 but in a nut shell, 3 of us at Lake Delancey West camp left out on a loop and were coming back and thought we were taking the cutt off back and ended up being the road instead.  well got to camp and then 2 forest patrol, one being some spanish gustapo rude cold sob, proceeded to ask for identification and write tickets each for $175.  we were and are pissed.

i personally was run down by a forest truck and ranger that said i was parked illegaly??  while i was parked at the camp.     and was attacked on the trail by 7 forest whatevers, one being the gustapo, stopped me in the middle of the trail and was harrassed!!! 

we need to do something.  we are the tax payers.  there is no place to ride!  this is BS.  they dont want anyone there since they are paid by the government and dont care about any type of local economy or lack of places to ride.

they only want the slow older folks putt putting down the trail.

please pm me with any information on who to write some letters!!

check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »

when did they start this "you must unloaded in the unloading area in the front then park ur atv/dirtbike behind ur site"? I thought that was kinda stupid so i got yelled at and warned for unloading at the camp site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com