Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR Quad Scramble #4 Venice!! Nov 17th  (Read 13757 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »

http://floridatrailriders.org/flyer/08_season/SAQR_QS_111707.pdf

Yeah buddy!
This is going to be good.
This club has put on the best FTR events I have ever been to. 
They scored a new piece of property and I have cut trails with Amanda and Josh before. They make one heck of a course with tons of effort to make it exciting.

Still early into the season, but those points are starting to add up!
I had a blast watching the 1:30 class starts! Even the beginner class poured it on strong for a great show.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »

Is it here yet? new hipers will be here tomarrow or friday and new tires are already here so ill definitely be ready to ride the right way at this race...

05 450r #13B
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:56:01 PM »

I will be there even though November 17th is my wifes birthday. She loves me. I hope I can make it without tearing something up this time.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

Frank you better do something nice for her before and after to make up for it!
"I hope I can make it without tearing something up this time."
Slow down!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »

Brian, I would like to come out and sweep/help in the trails. Who can I contact to see if I can be of any help?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:24:59 PM »

That would be Amanda. Chances are, you can show up and they will put you to work. Good seeing you the other day.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 06:29:33 PM »

i hope i  can make make this one !  i'll probably  go to this one alone  Cry  need  some peeps to hang with !! Grin

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 06:32:55 PM »

i hope i  can make make this one !  i'll probably  go to this one alone  Cry  need  some peeps to hang with !! Grin

We ride out from West Palm Beach if you want to hook up. I usually leave about 7pm Friday night.

lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 06:42:01 PM »

cool  that sounds   great man ! thanks      i'll be going on a cruise with the wife monday til fri early morning . i will be good to go.  Grin

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »

I'll be there, I know that club has done a great job, now lets get everyone on the track.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 02:39:53 PM »

This club knows how to hold an event - you will not want to miss it!!!!  Tongue

Jen

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »

Taken from Florida Trail Riders.org

"THE WILD TURKEY" hosted by Sarasota Quad Riders is on! To date we have approx. 7.5 mi. of brand new trail on 875 acres of property that has never been raced on, yet only 1 mi. to Manasota Beach. Youth racers will have close to 4.5 mi. with pee wee's having 3/4 mi.(90% of their course can be seen from the center of the track ! ) As far as the track goes, 5th. gear straights, huge grass sweepers, dry river bed (use your imagination -we did) a few palmettos, unavoidable but didn't want anyone to forget this is sw fla. TIGHT,TIGHT,AND TIGHTER sections - short sections but frequent ! (most riders will be passed by fire ants here!) And finally the approach to the scoring chicane -last yr.= 30ft. this year 1/4mi. of fun !!!!!!

Spectators,like last year you're just as important... track side parking vendor row + concessions all located near sign up , chicane, and viewer friendly sections of track! As of 10/4 our on site vendors include;
South Co Honda,KMA Sales + Service,Suzuki of Sarasota,Douglas Jeep/Powersports,Action Powersports,Granny's Powersports,Cycle Gear of Sarasota and Just Add Dirt. (we MIGHT have a few givaways at the riders mtg.)
You've all had his awesome food at sadra events, BC Drymon will be cooking up something special as usual. Sharky's of Venice will have coconut shrimp and keep an eye out for Hooters (not the bird)

Much much more to come !!!!!

Josh.

P.s. we found an adandoned barn, cattle pens, and branding irons, this section is sure to intimidate the slow.

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

Branding irons?? Now I am scared!
I can see it now, the brand is in the shape of a tree!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
kenz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »

Since that post Josh put up we have added some more trail.  We are at just over 9 miles for the big track!  Every bit of it is fun, fun, fun!!

There is alot for the spectators to see. There are some things we have done that I can gaurantee you have never seen at a quad scramble before.  Brian Vis has been hard at work out there with his tractor, that's the only clue I'll let loose. 

Don't worry Brian(mudnuri) the branding irons are the least to worry about.  In the barn there are some medieval looking devices you wouldn't want to find yourself in.

This race is sure to be a blast for everyone.  Don't miss it!! 

Taken from Florida Trail Riders.org

"THE WILD TURKEY" hosted by Sarasota Quad Riders is on! To date we have approx. 7.5 mi. of brand new trail on 875 acres of property that has never been raced on, yet only 1 mi. to Manasota Beach. Youth racers will have close to 4.5 mi. with pee wee's having 3/4 mi.(90% of their course can be seen from the center of the track ! ) As far as the track goes, 5th. gear straights, huge grass sweepers, dry river bed (use your imagination -we did) a few palmettos, unavoidable but didn't want anyone to forget this is sw fla. TIGHT,TIGHT,AND TIGHTER sections - short sections but frequent ! (most riders will be passed by fire ants here!) And finally the approach to the scoring chicane -last yr.= 30ft. this year 1/4mi. of fun !!!!!!

Spectators,like last year you're just as important... track side parking vendor row + concessions all located near sign up , chicane, and viewer friendly sections of track! As of 10/4 our on site vendors include;
South Co Honda,KMA Sales + Service,Suzuki of Sarasota,Douglas Jeep/Powersports,Action Powersports,Granny's Powersports,Cycle Gear of Sarasota and Just Add Dirt. (we MIGHT have a few givaways at the riders mtg.)
You've all had his awesome food at sadra events, BC Drymon will be cooking up something special as usual. Sharky's of Venice will have coconut shrimp and keep an eye out for Hooters (not the bird)

Much much more to come !!!!!

Josh.

P.s. we found an adandoned barn, cattle pens, and branding irons, this section is sure to intimidate the slow.

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders
backinsaddle

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 07:30:24 PM »

Can't wait for the race...going practicing this weekend. 

Does anyone know if they'll let the kids ride the kids track during the 1:30 & 3:30 classes?
quadtographer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »

the course is up to 10 miles, with tight tight turns in the woods area, logs, boulders, mini van, mud pit, and more to navigate through plus a barn to make it through without tearing off the fenders.

Sarasota Suzuki, Grannys, Douglas Power Sports, Action Power Sports, will be there with new and used quads and bikes on display.

KMA Sales will be there with a bunch of accessories and clothing.

Sharkys, Miami Crepes, Paradise Pizza, and more for food.

RV World of Nokomis with toyhaulers

Tropic Trailors with open and enclosed trailors.

Just-add-dirt.com with shirts, and cleaner, stickers and more.

Galactica with a bounce house for the kiddies

Oh yea and a band for Saturday night.

Probably missing a few other things but should be a great time for all either watching or racing.

Gates will be opening Friday afternoon for all that want to arrive early. Plenty of camping for all.

See ya there......
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 05:54:35 PM »

Good thing I'm riding tomorrow, other ways the wait will kill me

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »

Man I wish I could ride. The only riding I have done in the last 2 months are the three races.

predatorracer8

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »

this one is gonna be sweet!!!!!!!!
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

OK well fixed the bent Tie Rod from the L-cross race so i am  ready to go. Hit to the MX track today for about 5 hours (since we don't have anywhere else to ride here in south florida).

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »

Team Outlaw ...cough...cough..rode the motoplex  Nuke Nuke in Madison today and man was it DUSTTTTTTTTY...  Toast Toast needed a few of those on the trail.....(bottles of water that si)....nice to meet backinthesaddle all the way up from Davie....not a bad place to ride and get in a good work out but it's like all the SouthEast....needs rain....have the makings of a good facility and those guy's are working on it.....they really have a good idea of what ATV riders want and are working to provide that for everyone...from pew wee mx to lg. mx....good trails and a nice little obstacle course along with plenty of mud bogging...

any way we Team Outlaw had a bad outing at Mayaka City and lost the team point lead to MX South, so Darrin Davis Jimmy Benton and myself said we had better tune up for this weekend so we rode about 6 hrs. today....hopfully it'll help this weekend in Venice....Sea-ya all there Friday....leaving early so we can get a lil sleep Friday night instead of getting there at 2:00am 3 by the time we hit the sack and back up at 7.....

looks like we gotta round up the posse and try to play catch up with you boys on MXSouth

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 06:55:03 AM »

Anyone know Derrick Stratton, 127B on a Polaris?
I sure do need that chain.

Team MXSouth.com is leading the teams points? YYYEEEE HHHHAAAWWWWWWW  Smiley Smiley Smiley
BRING IT!!
The Frazier boys are on FIRE!!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 08:37:23 AM »

Hopefully I can do well enough this time for my points to count.

I have mentioned this once before but, Saturday Nov 17th is my wifes birthday. She will be home alone all day because of the race. I will have my video camera in hand all day. I will be asking everyone I see to wish her a happy birthday, so be ready to be on film without your helmet on. Thanks, see everyone there.

backinsaddle

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 10:56:37 AM »

Hopefully I can do well enough this time for my points to count.

I have mentioned this once before but, Saturday Nov 17th is my wifes birthday. She will be home alone all day because of the race. I will have my video camera in hand all day. I will be asking everyone I see to wish her a happy birthday, so be ready to be on film without your helmet on. Thanks, see everyone there.

you're alright, I dragged my wife to the motoplex this weekend for her birthday, she had a great birthday dinner at Denny's Huh
Southern Outlaw

To finish 1st U must 1st finish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 11:28:04 AM »

Good seeing you guys over there....glad to see you made back ok....hey does Dennys still over a free dinner on your B'day?...LOL

See ya next weekend

TEAM OUTLAW
 "The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die