Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first trip to Ocala National forest  (Read 4434 times)
r6realtor

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:35:48 PM »

Finally got a chance to make a trip out there, beautiful area that's for sure but the trails were so whooped out, Camped out there for 2 nights and the weather was perfect, there were lots of rangers out there but we had no problems at all with them. Here's a couple of pics of my dad, 2 buddies of mine and myself, Iam the one with the 08 camo grizz and my dad has the 06 ozark, the big guy on the blue grizz is my buddy nate this was his real first time ride,He had a blast! and my other friend john that works with me rides the raptor. Sorry about the pics some are from the cell phone.

2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »

pictures look great, looks like you had fun. Whoops suck, but I still love camping and riding at delancy.I think Hunting season starts This weekend, so I will wait to camp a little later in the year. Did the rangers stop you guys and check for all the new fee's, stickers or proper paperwork? I haven't been there since the new fee's and I was wondering, if they let you have some peace.It bother me when every ranger that see's me want to inform me of the new rules.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »

pictures look great, looks like you had fun. Whoops suck, but I still love camping and riding at delancy.I think Hunting season starts This weekend, so I will wait to camp a little later in the year. Did the rangers stop you guys and check for all the new fee's, stickers or proper paperwork? I haven't been there since the new fee's and I was wondering, if they let you have some peace.It bother me when every ranger that see's me want to inform me of the new rules.
Actually that was the first thing they did once you got there, first the trail host then a ranger. It certainly doesn't seem like there messing around out there, they were all very polite though and really didn't give us any trouble at all, if your out there doing the right thing I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about! but yes they definitely want you to know the rules.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »

Thanks for the help, I just do not want to get checked three times a day. Change is always hard for everyone at first.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »

They most likely won't stop you more than once or twice because now they make you were these name tag type things that you must have on at all times, you slip your neon green tag paper thingy in a clear piece of plastic and clip it or pin it to yourself, that's kind of a pain.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »

You are kidding me,wow things have changed

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
grizzly04

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »

you gotta be kidding me?HuhHuh? name tags!!!!!! jeeeze!
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 03:24:51 PM »

well they don't have your name on them but they do have the other half of the sticker that you have to hang on your rear view mirrow in the truck, which basically the numbers match up, so I guess in a way it is a sort of name tag. They were definitely making sure you have them when you were riding, I saw a ranger stop a guy to make sure he had his on. It's really not that big of a deal, Iam just happy to have a place to ride but you would think with all the new fees and rules they would groom it a little better. They machine they use wasn't doing much it was just a Kawasaki Mule pulling a big rake on the back. Unless there was a machine that I did not see them using?

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »

That is funny,They have been promising to groom the trails for a long time.I have been riding there since 1990 and changes are hard to get used too. I enjoyed the place because i felt like I still had some freedom, now it seems like my little bit of freedom is going away. I have noticed my freedom going away at more places that the forest,like waterways also.I still love Ocala,and it is one of my favorite places to ride,i am just venting, because I miss the way it was.It was your first trip there so I am glad you are enjoying it.If yuo only rode it about 10 years ago,you could ride whereever you wanted no rangers at all, hardly anybody out there,you could ride day or night. I think I miss the night rides more than anything.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »

That is funny,They have been promising to groom the trails for a long time.I have been riding there since 1990 and changes are hard to get used too. I enjoyed the place because i felt like I still had some freedom, now it seems like my little bit of freedom is going away. I have noticed my freedom going away at more places that the forest,like waterways also.I still love Ocala,and it is one of my favorite places to ride,i am just venting, because I miss the way it was.It was your first trip there so I am glad you are enjoying it.If yuo only rode it about 10 years ago,you could ride whereever you wanted no rangers at all, hardly anybody out there,you could ride day or night. I think I miss the night rides more than anything.
I hear ya man, they definitely closed down some cool areas, this rodman dam area that everyone talks about looks awesome but it had signs for foot traffic only! It was a 5 hour drive for me to get there and I felt like it was worth it one time but not a whole more than that. I am in fort myers and we used to be able to ride in this place called the yucapen, my god was it awesome! but more dirt bags than responsible riders so it got closed down. A ranger in ocala told me they closed down the rodman dam area because there would be huge parties out there at night and the entire place would be trashed, gabage everywhere. I just don't understand the difference here in FL and other states how do the riders differ? none of the other places in TN, west virgina, North carolina get shut down? do we really have that many disrespectful riders here?Huh

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 10:13:47 PM »

I agree with you, great places have been closing down everywhere.You know most guys that have 4 wheelers, spend a bunch of money on gas, trucks, and trailers or campers to haul there expensive ATV's we pay a bunch of taxes on our toys. I would think that we as a group are a great tax engine for states and they would have some great areas for us to ride.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 09:08:37 AM »

I was there a few weeks ago and didnt get stopped at all,just got waived at by the the one ranger i saw, the group i was with were the only people camping at delancy the whole weekend
ldizzle_Sks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »

well they don't have your name on them but they do have the other half of the sticker that you have to hang on your rear view mirrow in the truck, which basically the numbers match up, so I guess in a way it is a sort of name tag. They were definitely making sure you have them when you were riding, I saw a ranger stop a guy to make sure he had his on. It's really not that big of a deal, Iam just happy to have a place to ride but you would think with all the new fees and rules they would groom it a little better. They machine they use wasn't doing much it was just a Kawasaki Mule pulling a big rake on the back. Unless there was a machine that I did not see them using?
O I saw that so called grooming also , I almost re eneded that guy when coming around a blind turn , that rake looked like it was made in the 1800's
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:14:40 AM by ldizzle_Sks » Logged
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 10:01:15 AM »

that rake looked like it was made in the 1800's

Thats exactly what I was thinking!

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com