Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "legal areas"  (Read 6977 times)
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »

OK, is it legal to ride in public areas like the forests by my house?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:31:20 PM by lil fat rider » Logged

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »

thnx for help yall  Crap
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:33:16 PM by lil fat rider » Logged

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
dirtycruiser

Life is one long weekend!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:50:31 PM »

no ones gonna tell ya about their secret riding spot  'cause we all ride at places that aren't legal. Ya gotta hook up with others that will take you riding with them. No one will mention their spots here, afraid of over crowding and being discovered. We all just ride at CROOM!

2009 Renegade 800r X
2007 Outlander 800 Max LTD
27" Mudlite XTR's on ITP 14" SS212, SS106 rims
Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 10:56:12 PM »

:-\im not asking for  your stop im askin if if public emy forest ar legal to ride and ride the post over so that you can understand!!!!!  Undecided

predatorracer8

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:35:29 AM »

if there are trails there that arent marked i dont see the problem, is it the ocala forest
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:31:53 AM »

no it just some empty land by my house and you can see that people ride there frm google earth and i wana know if it legal because it is public land

Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:16:30 AM »

no it just some empty land by my house and you can see that people ride there frm google earth and i wana know if it legal because it is public land

Are there any "No Trespassing" signs??   Even if there aren't doesn't necessarily mean that it's Public land.

Most likely it ISN'T legal, because SOMEONE owns the land.  If it's the government(city, county, or state) they usually designate whether it is legal.  Unfortunately, most times its not.

Try (as previously suggested) to hook up with someone or surf this site & a few others to educate yourself on the legal areas.  Most entail traveling to get to them. ie Croom, Holeyland, etc.

Hope this helps & welcome to the same problem that we all face!!!

Off Rode

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)
neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »

There is a place that we have been riding at for a good long while now.  The property is not posted.  It abuts a neighborhood in Brevard county.  There are other people that ride there as well.  Even though it is not posted we know that more than likely the property is private, but  since there are no posted signs we ride.  Well this past Saturday we took our usual ride there and when we were loaded up and leaving the property a cop was waiting for us.  We all received trespass warnings.  We told the cop that there weren't any posted signs and he said that was why we were only going to get a warning.  He told us that the property was indeed private and in fact the area where we were parked was owned by Florida Power & Light and they could have legally come in and towed our trucks away.  We asked him how he knew we were out there and he said he got a call for shots fired in that same area.  While we were out there that day we saw a swamp buggy carrying dogs, we figured it was probably them.  Needless to say, if you are not sure whether it is private or not then it probably is private.  You would be taking a chance.
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 07:41:22 PM »

OK, thanks a lot it just that on google earth you can its like a couple blocks from my house and its huge and from way up above you can see the trails from people riding

shogun323
Supreme Member

Fuzzy Pickles #1 Dancer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »

Since you are in Cape Coral I assume you are talking about the Yucapans. I have never been there but my understanding is that sometimes the cops don't mind other times the crack down and issue warnings.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:02:13 AM by shogun323 » Logged

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »

i live in brevard could you pm the name or location of the place your talkin about

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 03:29:53 PM »

its not yucapans i dont go there because a buddy of mine told me that there are cops on polarises and they WILL give you a ticket and backwoods ill pm you in a bit
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:07:50 PM by lil fat rider » Logged

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 10:12:45 PM »

thanx i used to ride out in the groves every weekend but i had some problems a couple months back so im hesitant to go back

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
lil fat rider

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »

this is the place 26*37'30.24" N 82*02'.06" W the star is the lil circle thing

here's what it looks like

neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »

i was riding in the south brevard area.( little hollywood)   i dont recommend riding there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com