Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durhamtown November 9-12  (Read 2167 times)
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »

Is anybody heading to Durhamtown that weekend? We're going up the 9th and coming back Monday. I read another post where Chuck_Norris said don't go thru Union Point. You can bet we won't. That town is garbage. The sheriff and mayor and the Galaxy Food Store can shove that ho-dunk town you know where. We did our food shopping down there last year and the people were not helpful and that grocery store is a dump. We're packing all our food in Jax and not buying anything there. Most towns that small would welcome a business and try to cater to Durhamtown guests. Enough said.

We're going with 2 other families. I think we got 12 in all. The folks in the office were great last year. They treated us great and helped us any way they could. I forgot my RV hose and they sent a guy over and gave us one for free. We will be in a 31' Cougar 5th wheel hauler and our friends have the Motel 8. Looking forward to some good riding, food and talking with other riders.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:21:59 AM »

Is anybody heading to Durhamtown that weekend? We're going up the 9th and coming back Monday. I read another post where Chuck_Norris said don't go thru Union Point. You can bet we won't. That town is garbage. The sheriff and mayor and the Galaxy Food Store can shove that ho-dunk town you know where. We did our food shopping down there last year and the people were not helpful and that grocery store is a dump. We're packing all our food in Jax and not buying anything there. Most towns that small would welcome a business and try to cater to Durhamtown guests. Enough said.

We're going with 2 other families. I think we got 12 in all. The folks in the office were great last year. They treated us great and helped us any way they could. I forgot my RV hose and they sent a guy over and gave us one for free. We will be in a 31' Cougar 5th wheel hauler and our friends have the Motel 8. Looking forward to some good riding, food and talking with other riders.

Just so you know for next time when going with a bunch of people, Mike moved out of his house and it's the new rental unit. It is very nice and has a hot tub too.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:45:23 AM »

very nice
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:12:11 PM »

Well we're back. DTP wasn't like last December for sure. They are having a bad drought and the trails weren't like the soft clay we had before. They were more like a cobblestone road. I hope they get some rain soon because it was too dusty and the water will loosen up the dirt so they can groom the trails out some. Still better than no riding though. The people were real nice as usual and helpful. If they get some rain we may go back again in December. Last year we went 2 days after Christmas and they had just had rain and the place was packed with riders. Hopefully rain is a comin lol.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
jayman
Supreme Member

LTR- Love To Ride

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »

Did they have the flat track running?  If so how big was it?

What about the dragstrip how was it, could you tell that they extended it?

I was there in July and the trails were hard, I hated it I hope they get rain before Thanksgiving or maybe I will stay in FLorida.

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »

Well we're back. DTP wasn't like last December for sure. They are having a bad drought and the trails weren't like the soft clay we had before. They were more like a cobblestone road. I hope they get some rain soon because it was too dusty and the water will loosen up the dirt so they can groom the trails out some. Still better than no riding though. The people were real nice as usual and helpful. If they get some rain we may go back again in December. Last year we went 2 days after Christmas and they had just had rain and the place was packed with riders. Hopefully rain is a comin lol.
Donnie Did you guys have a good time? it sounds like you did!@

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com