Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Sand mountain  (Read 31037 times)
atvaltz

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2005, 09:10:47 PM »

i say just use a rubber band i mean then you dont got to worry about   anyone jumping   plus ho wmuch is it like 20 bucks for one  sh*t a whole lot easier to do then to wire a light and do all of that stuff  just stretch the rubbe rband out and let it rip  that system worked great i thought

1 word   suzuki     nough said
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2005, 09:25:41 PM »

I  agree  with  atvaltz.  The  rubber  band  start  is  used  in  all  the  pro  tt  races.  If  you  would  like  I  could  find  out  what  a  system  like  that  would  cost.  Sandmountain , you  need  to  understand  what  a  great  opporunity  you  have  to  really  make  something  out  of  this.  Everybody  loves  this  place. If  you  build  it , they  WILL  come !!! Grin

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Kirklandrock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »

Hey HEy,
    Joe Kirkland here,  slow Vet. rider representative....
 I think that the rubber band is the ticket ( just  My .02 )  if ya jump that joker you will get tied up in it..
 I personally would be agreeable with the light myself, but.... It would take someone really watching the line and if someone jumps, just restart.. no big deal.... do over....... Others might think that if someone jumps penalize them.... Doesnt matter to me.... just do over.... If ya fast ya fast.......  ha  ha ha....
      Hey yall,
          lets change the layout for the next series.... If ya need some ideas let me know.... # 918   slo poking in the VET class.....
       Later
          Joe
P.S.
  sure hope to see the sponsors step to the plate for the class winners at the  banquet... I wont be one of them  ( havent made all the races ) but for the ones who have  man they need something good.....  NOT like the $20 gift cert. that I got for winning the Vet class points championship for the first series... Not bitching but, I hope that things are better for this series.... And just to reassure, I love what ya have going at Sand Mt.  cant wait till the MX series starts...

P.S.S.    I have some ideas as far as class structure, and promotion ideas for the classes,  cause some of the Open Beginners dont belong there, but they wont step up..... there needs to be a limit as to how long a rider can stay in  a class like that......                 WHen ya get old enuff ya can stay in a wussy class like me...... VET RULES

#918 FTR H/S series (on hiatus)
atvaltz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 08:46:55 PM »

yea joe i think you are going in the right direction  i would like to see  cc limit class's like open class 450 and below stuff liek that i know tony wants to run there next series but he dont want to  do motor work and alot of guys with the stock 450's just cant hang with all the built motors and  now that is step up to a higher class time for  those guys soem fo them are just gonna stop running out there and i  hate to see that

just some ideas for next season

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 09:59:40 PM »

IT DONT MATTER WHAT CLASS STRUCTURE I RACE IN, I JUST WANT TO FINISH ON MY OWN QUAD FOR A CHANGE!  HOPE TO HAVE HER THERE FOR THE LAST RACE OF THE SERIES.

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
400EX
Supreme Member

Daddy Hugh Racing Honda-Yamaha-Po laris

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2005, 11:05:31 AM »

soo whens the next race? is it on the the 1st? just tryin to see if i can get off work on that date so i can see the last race of the series.

2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks
Sandmountainspeedway.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 02:26:16 PM »

I talked to Dale Saturday we will be putting up the lights we will try them on non points races and see how everyone likes them if not we may go to the band. We want to make sure we dont change during the points races. so what everyone likes is what we will use all seson. Thank you
TBR_Honda

Honda Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 03:41:17 PM »

Lights, rubber band, or flag, you will always have some who think it is unfair for them. So do what you all thinks works for you. I think you have done a wonderful job in creating a place for families to come out and have a good time. I know the time we have spent there has been absolutely priceless for my family. Thank you all very much. I am kinda sad to see the season end because of the fun we have had. We are looking forward to next season too though. My only suggestion is maybe have a stock only class with no changes to exhaust or suspension except maybe tires and axle or spacers, might give the newbies a place to start. Just keep doing what you are doing. We do love Sand Mountain Speedway.      Dale

Honda 450R #86
Honda 450R #78
Sandmountainspeedway.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »

Lights, rubber band, or flag, you will always have some who think it is unfair for them. So do what you all thinks works for you. I think you have done a wonderful job in creating a place for families to come out and have a good time. I know the time we have spent there has been absolutely priceless for my family. Thank you all very much. I am kinda sad to see the season end because of the fun we have had. We are looking forward to next season too though. My only suggestion is maybe have a stock only class with no changes to exhaust or suspension except maybe tires and axle or spacers, might give the newbies a place to start. Just keep doing what you are doing. We do love Sand Mountain Speedway.      Dale

Thats a good idea and we do thank you but we will still continue to be open through the summer we will have ride only days and non point races. We like to see familes out there those kids just light up when when they ride. My son races too. Thanks to all for comming out we listen and it will only get better. Sand Mountain Staff
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 04:27:54 PM »

Well im up for night time racing... summer is to hot be be sitting out in the 110heat all day with no shade..
if yall start doing night time events ill be a regular..

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »

whin, whin, whin, you dont see the pros quite racing cause of the heat do you. buy a tent and quite being a baby

whew glad I got that out lol my back even feels better know

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
Kirklandrock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 05:33:06 PM »

I agree with TBR    years ago when we all raced 3-Wheelers the stock class was one of the most competitive classes out there.... We could change Handlebars, use a twist if we wanted, could use different tires, and run offset rims..... BUt I would agree with spacers..... There are lots of different class suggestions that could be applied....
  I think there needs to be a greater displacement differentiation between classes.... ex: 400EX vs YFZ 450.... in the open classes..... no contest...... Make a 0-300 class (no 250R's) then a 301-400 class, then 401-Open..... And I realize that ya cant have 55 classes in one day.. but we could get the engine sizes a little closer..
 Also.  might need to consider a promotion points system like they use in the FTR series.... A win = so many promotion points, once you reach so many points you are moved into the next class..... or maybe use the "A B C" classifications like they do in FTR also.....
       Got lots of suggestions, lets talk sometime.
            Later
              Joe

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

Dont really have an opinion on the other classes, but I do have one suggestion.  Expert class should be wide open. Run what you brung! And please tell me that some of the amateurs are going to be graduated!  We need a few more quads in the big boy class!
We do need to do a qualifier and Last Chance Qualifier when there are more than can race at one time!
First 3 places from each moto go to the main, First 2 or 3 places from LCQ go to main ( depending on how many people are in the LCQ) When Expert class gets bigger, alot of us dont want to run 3 races. We have to much $$ in our quads! And its starting to get hot!
jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
400EX
Supreme Member

Daddy Hugh Racing Honda-Yamaha-Po laris

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2005, 06:13:01 PM »

lol jt not everybody has an overheating problem like you.. but yes having qualifing and lcqs would be a good idea if the class is too big. maybe we could get an atva rule book to help out with the different classes? just an idea  

2004 yfz 450: i'd have to kill ya if i told ya whats done to it.

2000 Honda 400EX: white brothers R-4 exhuast, ITP holeshot tires,DG nurf bars, AC font bumper, TAG handle bars, works shocks
atvaltz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2005, 06:21:27 PM »

well  you know i had to get some more say in on this  lol  Shocked

i like  joe's idea  jason just wants people to run what they brung cause he has the biggest motor blah blah blah blah lets run what we brung on the tt track then lets all take our happy selfs over to the mx track  lol see  now you guys gotta dump another 5k into your bike fockers lol  thats what i have been tryin to set my bike up for is both but its very hard to do and  getting very exspensive....

i vote we have a mandatory motor inspection lol lets see who's lying and who's telling the truth lol  Roll Eyes  wont mention no names   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed  lol just playing .
thats why i say joey has a good point there  with the cc limit.  Then again the problem is there is a ton of guys riding 660 raptors and whatever else there is that dont wanna jump in there with all the built 450's  and etc  but yet the raptors and etc are not  able to be in stock class cause they got pipes and stuff  i dont know i will just run my old stock 250r in the 301-400 class lol should be a good class
ill drop the z back down to stock bore and  run it  lol  nah but all joking asside
i say we need to have a meeting at the banquet and  get a few 3 or 4 ideas from people and have a vote   cause i do think some class's   and etc needs to be  changed a little bit for next season  

wel i am back out to work on the ol zuki
i am out fockers [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=banghead.gif]

yea i  agree with eric not everyone  rides a honda 2 stroke so we dont overheat
us zuki riders can run 20 motos and it would still be cool  lol(yea right wont even last a race without blowing up)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 06:26:03 PM by atvaltz » Logged

Sandmountainspeedway.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2005, 07:31:47 PM »

There will not be a motor inspection if it gets that bad we are wasting our time this is not the pros lets have fun if you runaway with it then you need to move to the next class and we know who you are. Next year there will be changes and it is all from the input of you. So lets just have fun. Again if you dont like what you see you can let us at Sand Mountain you know we will listen. I know we wont make everone happy but we will do the best we can.  
Kirklandrock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »

Jason,
  hey bro, not sayin that ya cant run what ya brung.... just run it against the other guys who have those big $ motors... they want to run what they brung also...   just sayin that if the classes were a little more evenly matched some of the other riders may have a more fair opportunity to run competitively against their opponents....
   Who wants to run their STOCK Z-400 in the open beginner class against those "beginner" quads..... I know that you and I are fast guys but when you are out motored you are out motored..... I know man,  I've had to eat roost behind that monster of yours before...... BUt I still love ya.... Grin
        Later
        Joe
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 07:35:20 PM by kirklandrock » Logged

TBR_Honda

Honda Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

I agree Brandon. I think them Thacker boys are lying. Let's put up 500 each and tear them quads down. Let's see, wasn't that you that said a 450R could never beat the 380's???  [smiley=foot.gif]Maybe not. No matter what the classes the winners are always cheating and the losers are the only ones playing by the rules. We are just trying to have fun.  Grin

Honda 450R #86
Honda 450R #78
Sandmountainspeedway.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2005, 08:22:06 PM »

I understand your point that would have to be between you and them. I wish I could be more helpful.We look at numbers not at names. The people that score only put the number down on the score cards then we have to put the number with the racer at the end of the race. Thats why it sometimes takes so long to get your award after the race.
atvaltz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2005, 09:44:43 PM »

lol i dont care what ya got done to those hondas to be honest with ya   i know thos e380's are putting out over 60hp no way in hell your honda at a standard bor eis getting close to that  it will not out run jt's 380 lol you beat his 1 time and i dont think he has that thing dialed in 100%

i say this week if his bike is runnin good no one will touch him just from talkin to him he is pretty confident

i was just joking about the tear down thing damn like u said have fun lol  a joke  ha ha ha  u know

man maybe i should get that trx i was gonna get i mean if yours is standard and running with the 380's the 520 should pull them  5 or 6 bikes down the straight  Shocked

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »

joe,
I see your point w/ all the other classes.  Just would like to see the open expert class w/ the biggest baddest bikes, with the biggest baddest riders!  It makes it more exciting!  Maybe there could be an open money race for that!  

How come everyone talks about a 20 year old bike running against the new big bad 450-500 cc 4 strokes.  Come on guys, its just a little ole' 250 and is older than most the people that race!!!! [smiley=dunno.gif]

Besides, If you guys think its easy puttin my quad around the track, feel free to take it for a few laps.  Ridin' LE's quad the other day was a pleasure. It took half the energy that my "R" does to ride.

Dale,
Those TBR quads CANT run w/ the 380! Im gonna show you Sunday! For at least 3 laps anyway [smiley=laugh.gif]
Thats either when I get tired or my quad overheats!
Brandon has to finish 1 spot in front of Wes to take the points lead!  For enough cash I can hold him up for you! Of course I told him the same thing Cool
BY THE WAY!!  I THINK MY QUAD IS GONNA BE DRUNK SUNDAY! LETS SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT THAT MEANS!!!
C YOU CHUMPS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2005, 09:53:10 PM »

Ok guy's, I go away for the weekend & this is what I come home to. Quit crying & lets just race !!!!!!!   I put a new pipe on my 450 & learn to ride it & now you want to change all the rules. Come on man just let me win a race or 2 before you change it all up.

The only changes that I would agree on would be the starting line & only run the beginner class for 1 year. If you race mx every year & then you come out to race the TT track that doesn't make you a beginner so race people that are more your caliber.  JUST REMIMBER....RACING PEOPLE THAT ARE SLOWER THAN YOU & KILLING THEM DOESN'T MAKE YOU FAST.

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2005, 09:54:42 PM »

HEY JT I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2005, 09:58:11 PM »

I KNEW YOU WOULD!!!! Grin

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2005, 10:01:48 PM »

LE
AMATEUR CLASS will be very interesting next season! Especially when we put that 540 kit in yours! Shocked

just kiddin' guys! its not gonna be a 540! dont get skurred!

Cant wait till everyone graduates!! But im gonna tell you boys 1 MORE TIME!!!!  Watch out for number 9!!! He WILL be the man to beat! Shocked

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com