Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 ATVA GNC Schedule posted.....  (Read 3256 times)
R450_Chick

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:48:05 AM »

2008 AMA Pro ATV Championship & Amateur National MX Schedule Announced

AMA Racing and ATVA in association with the ATVPG are proud to announce the 2008 schedule for the ITP/Moose Racing AMA/ATVA National Motocross Championships Presented by Parts Unlimited.
The AMA Pro ATV Motocross Championship will feature an 11-round series beginning March 8-9 at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, Calif. Southern California is home to many ATV teams and manufacturers, so the hometown event promises an exciting launch for the series. 

The ATVA Amateur National Motocross Championship will feature a 10-round series, kicking off March 29-30 at Mill Creek MX in Pell City, Ala., in conjunction with round 2 of the AMA Pro ATV series.  From there the two series will converge for the remainder of the season.

A new venue joins the ranks as the series migrates in July to Pleasure Valley Raceway in Armagh, Pa. This one-mile track is a technical mix of clay, topsoil and sawdust, with large elevation changes. Produced by Cernic’s Racing, the event promises an ATV-friendly atmosphere.

The grand finale will take place in the backyard of country music legend Loretta Lynn and her renowned Hurricane Mills track. Also new for 2008, the annual ATVA Awards Banquet will be held at the Ranch after the final checkered flag of the season has flown.
But there’s more racing to come. AMA Pro ATV riders return to Steel City Raceway on Labor Day weekend for the 2nd Annual AMA Pro ATV Open Invitational. The stand-alone event will feature the top 20 AMA Pro ATV riders as they share the national race track with the motorcycle pro riders for the Steel City round of the 2008 AMA Toyota Motocross Championship presented by FMF.

The 2008 ITP/Moose AMA/ATVA National Motocross Championship schedule:
DATE VENUE LOCATION
Mar 8/9  Glen Helen Raceway Park San Bernardino, CA (AMA Pro round only)
Mar 29/30 Mill Creek MX Pell City, AL 
Apr 12/13 Ballance MX Bowling Green, KY
Apr 26/27 Birch Creek Motorsports Danville, VA
May 10/11 Sunset Ridge MX Walnut, IL
May 24/25 High Point Raceway Mt. Morris, PA
June 7/8 Unadilla Valley Sports Center New Berlin, NY
June 21/22 Muddy Creek Raceway Blountville, TN
July 12/13 Pleasure Valley Raceway Armaugh, PA
July 26/27 Red Bud Track & Trail Buchanan, MI
Aug 9/10 Loretta Lynn’s Ranch Hurricane Mills, TN
Aug 30 Steel City Raceway Delmont, PA
 AMA ATV Open Invitational (Non AMA points paying event)

So it's sad and it sucks that the closest race to Florida is Pell City (about9-10 hour drive)!!!  They took away Gator Back and now no more Georgia Sad...........

~Em~
:-D
Suzuki LT-R 450
www.emilyyoung19.com
Special Thanks to everyone supporting my racing:
Fox Shox, Fasst Company, Fly Racing, Cernics Racing, Precision, Rath Racing,  Generation X ATV, Gaerne, Utopia Optics, Suomy Helmets, Six Six One, ASV, the Bohnstadt family, and my Mom and Dad!
BlingstarHonda130

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:57:34 PM »

damn that kinda sucks

sponsors: blingstar,spy,tag,works connection,evsi,itp,rage,& walsh
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »

That overlaps the WPSA for the weekend of June 7/8. I was told that the factories were pushing both series to not overlap next season?
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »

I guess 1 overlap is not bad compared to last season. Although no overlaps would be grand.

Overlaps or not.....hopefully LL's will not end up one. We had a great time there this past year and seeing as that was T.C.'s first nat'ls I got a feeling we're going to have to go to that race from now on till never........ Roll Eyes 
R450_Chick

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »

They did WAY better on not having as many overlaps this year, but WPSA's schedule has been announced since the Banquet at the last stop in NJ.  ATVA and AMA had plenty of time to look over WPSA's scehdule and work accordingly.  The factory guys are going to be beat with all those back to back races!!!  Hope their bodies and the bikes can make it through the whole year......

Below is WPSA's Schedule:

2008 WPSA Racing Schedule

May 3-4
May 17-18
May 31-June 1
June 7-8
June 28-29
July 19-20
Aug 16-17
Aug 23-24

..Thank you WPSA for making all your races after my spring semester for college is out for the summer!!! he he he :-D

~Em~
Suzuki LT-R 450
www.emilyyoung19.com
Fox Shox, Fasst Company, Fly Racing, Cernics Racing, Precision, Rath Racing,  Generation X ATV, Gaerne, Utopia Optics, Suomy Helmets, Six Six One, ASV, the Bohnstadt family, and my Mom and Dad!
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »

They need to change this format. They need to make a regional series, four races in each region of the country. Make them qualifiers like the dirt bikes do. All the top 20 in each class meet in Loretta Lynn's for the grand finally. This would be a lot cheaper for the racers.
As these series keep running the same 12 races each there just hurting themselves. It's going in a sad direction of who can afford to make them all. You don't see dirt bike riders traveling all across the country to race. Bang Head

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
R450_Chick

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »

We don't have enough quads to do that yet!!!  The WPSA and ATVA are both doing GREAT things for the sport.  Give it time, it doesn't happen over night.  The PR and coverage at the WPSA's is great and it is a great national series.  I think next year is going to have some huge surprises!   Including at least 4 different sets of Semi's for the 4 different factory teams.  Give it time.  When it gets as big as the dirt bikes, i'm sure we will have the same set up or something close to what the amateur series has for the dirt bikes.  But for now the amateur guys should take advantage of the big players being at there races at the WPSA and ATVA series.  The support is growing HUGE at these races and is a great thing for the amateur riders.  But i will say it sucks the distance of all the races and the price of gas now a days. WPSA venues haven't been announced yet, but I doubt they are going to have that many races down in the south Sad

~Em~
Suzuki LT-R 450
www.emilyyoung19.com
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »

We don't have enough quads to do that yet!!!  The WPSA and ATVA are both doing GREAT things for the sport.  Give it time, it doesn't happen over night.  The PR and coverage at the WPSA's is great and it is a great national series.  I think next year is going to have some huge surprises!   Including at least 4 different sets of Semi's for the 4 different factory teams.  Give it time.  When it gets as big as the dirt bikes, i'm sure we will have the same set up or something close to what the amateur series has for the dirt bikes.  But for now the amateur guys should take advantage of the big players being at there races at the WPSA and ATVA series.  The support is growing HUGE at these races and is a great thing for the amateur riders.  But i will say it sucks the distance of all the races and the price of gas now a days. WPSA venues haven't been announced yet, but I doubt they are going to have that many races down in the south Sad
Dirt bikes wouldn't have enough riders either if they were split up in two different series. Its great for the pro classes I agree. It would probably take 100 grand to run both those series in a amateur class with the price of the quads included too. Thats what going to cause the beginning of the end for most racers. Especially with the way the economy going now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:06:42 PM by trx#9 » Logged

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com