Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR HS Big Cipress Who is coming?  (Read 6549 times)
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:43:43 PM »

I wanted to see who is coming to Big Cypress, I went there not to long ago and the track is very nice, and they are having bouth mx trakcs together, and a lot of trails, it is looking good, after a month without races a can't wait !!!  Grin

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
cdalepaul

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 08:13:41 PM »

I'll be going, due to it's pretty close to me.  I went out there the week after gatorback on the scramble trail.  All I have to say about that thing is  better bring some body armour.   We went through 3 tie rod sleeves and bent rims bounceing off the rocks that appear out of nowhere.   but they do say that's it's mostly new trails and some straight aways.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 08:21:44 PM by cdalepaul » Logged

04' yfz450 LE
ftr 71B
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:23:02 PM »

Cool, it is like 4 hours drive for me, but it is worth the drive like it is to most of the races  [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:34:32 AM »

I will be there  Grin

My Hubby and I were there 2 weeks ago...they did smooth out the trail...and I did notice all the rocks that we emerging..LoL!!!! I do believe they are cutting some new trail to incorporate...should be a blast!!

Looking forward to it!!!  Grin

Jen

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:39:48 PM »

I'll be there with a video camera. crashed during practice there last weekend. tightest course for the season.
Smile to the camera!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 07:05:43 PM »

well I can live with the tight woods (well I gues), hope not to find many palmettos roots !!!

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Triple_R_Cycle_Ski

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »

Hey JEN  sorry too see you sitiing on the side lines not feeling good. Hope you get well soon  before the next race

Who's  quad burned to the ground this weekend ?  it was still there today for my race .Boy I bet someone is PI$$ off about that  i know that I would be  

see ya at the next one    Tongue
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 08:05:48 PM by Triple_R_Cycle_Ski » Logged

Vet -A  FTR H/S
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 06:21:37 PM »

Hey JEN  sorry too see you sitiing on the side lines not feeling good. Hope you get well soon  before the next race

Who's  quad burned to the ground this weekend ?  t was still there today for my race .Boy I beat someone is PI$$ off about that  i know that I would be  

see ya at the next one    Tongue

Hey  Wink Ya know...I am not sure why I thought I could race sick...LoL!!!  Roll Eyes It is to bad I couldn't pull it together...I had a great start and was riding well until the 4th mile or so and I started to feel winded...5th-6th mile I was gasping...on the first MX track I was getting dizzy and could not catch my breath...so I called it a day. It took a while for me to catch my breath and for my body to stop quivering...weird.

I am looking forward to the next one...I will be doing some riding between now and then to get myself back in shape...of course that is "after" I start to feel better!! Wink

Phil took some pics of that quad...I know it had to be awful watching it go up in flames...I feel bad for the guy...I do not know his name...but if he was on a grey Cannondale...I think he MAY be in my class...B Open...

Jen

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 06:23:03 PM »

Embarrassed

Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 06:24:17 PM »

Cry

YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 07:31:40 PM »

:-/ That was very sad, that was my friend's quad, Richard Tindel 44B, and that was a Canondale that he was very happy with, he sent his motor to get it rebuilt on California and it was running really good. Not sure how did the fire started.
I'm sorry Richard, luckly you din't get any injure.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Oldracer#23

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 08:46:13 PM »

Luis,

Richard called me last night to tell me about the fire.  I can't imagine how it feels to watch your quad go up in smoke and not be able to do anything about it.  Richard told me that we will be seeing him on the predator for a couple of months until he buys a new quad.  Let me know when everyone is going out to Ocala again.

Bill
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 08:58:58 PM »

Sure Bill, I don't know whe are we going, but I'll like to go soon,hope the other guys can make it to, last time was really fun, I gess some riding will help Richard to forget about this and get a new quad, like I said before, fortunely he came out fine.
Let me know when are you going up to quick mx track by your house, I may go this coming weekend, I need to practice a lot more on MX tracks, I got [smiley=trophy3.gif] on this race but I could done better with more practice on the track, by the way, the corse was a little killer, really tight, but it was all good.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
cdalepaul

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 09:23:36 PM »

I'm glad to hear that he was ok, I heard that he was actually on fire when it first started and that others stoped and helped out.  and to think I was all pissed about my quad dieing on me on the 2nd lap.

04' yfz450 LE
ftr 71B
Oldracer#23

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 09:52:10 PM »

I have got to go to S. Carolina this week for a meeting, and I will be back on Thursday. I am definately looking to ride this coming weekend.  I was told that I would have loved the scramble course this weekend.  I'm upset now that I didn't go.  I love those tight trails where it looks like you might not fit through trees.  I just need to learn not to run into trees.
I will talk to Richard to see if we can get him out riding this coming weekend or the following weekend.
yamadooski
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 04:31:12 PM »

Ya we were about to lap Richard when his quad burst into flames right in front of us.
Willis Pledger passed him and noticed something funny. He looked back and motioned to Rich that his quad was on fire.
Then NIck slammed on his brakes and so did I and we saw Rich patting out the flames on his legs.
But we did stop to make sure he was OK.
Rich if you read this man Im sorry that happened. I know my speacial pep booster in my Kamel Bak  was not enough to put those flames out. Cry

Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 04:14:50 PM »

Hey guys check this out, gues who is this guy... yep I found this picture at FTR galery, out of the Big Cipress race  Grin

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »

well I gues it din't came out, I'm sure I did some thing wrong  [smiley=Embarrassed.gif], but there is a nice pic. on FTR gallery

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
cdalepaul

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »

and I thought he's quad caught fire.

04' yfz450 LE
ftr 71B
Pages: [1]   Go Up