Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHERE ARE ALL THE GROOMED TRAILS  (Read 5471 times)
sugarsand007

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »

I road Wandering grass loop on Sunday. Still extremely wooped out.  I called two rangers stations  to find out the conditions at wandering grass on friday before going out. I received two different responses about the grooming conditions of the trails.  One station said they were getting them ready for the weekend the other said they have done only minor grooming. Boy they werent kidding. I dont mind paying the fees to ride, but I would like to see something for my money...Can anyone tell me when the trails might get groomed on a regular basis? Maybe once a month to start. By the way I  called the 800 number that was in the phamplet they were giving out at the trail head. It was suppose to give the status of the trails. But it was only a recording for the requirements to ride in ocala.  Boy that sure would have been helpful.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:17:23 PM by sugarsand007 » Logged

2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

I dont think that they will EVER be groomed. Too few open trails left for the #of riders on them. They dont care about grooming, in their minds it just keeps the riders speeds down, or will keep people away from the forest, which is the ultimate goal.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
pinkfloyd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 07:56:42 AM »

how right you are -- one step closer, can't the ONFA do something about this, partnering with the forest
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 06:19:22 PM »

how right you are -- one step closer, can't the ONFA do something about this, partnering with the forest

Rolling on the Floor Laughing
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:20:53 PM by Prairie Master » Logged

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 07:10:36 AM »

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

lmao also!!!!
megapurt400

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

Sugarsand,

Dude or dudette i am not sure and im not tryin to disrepect. If you have to call to see what the "conditions" are before you take your fourwheeled all terrain vehicle to the woods......and i am gonna go out on a limb here. I have a golf cart with windows and a roof that has a 31in lift kit and stereo and interior lights i will trade you for your.......ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE. Im sorry, i dont mean any disrepect but RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT (and maintain it) IF you are worried about the "conditions" there is a walmart close to there with a huge flat parking lot. Maybe wanna call them and ask them the conditions of their business so you make sure you have room to ride with out someone accidentally throwing a pebble up to scratch your ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Now this may seem a bit harsh and I may be a bit seasoned but i watch channel 30 and if there is not a huge red and green blob on the screen..........CONDITIONS FOR RIDING MY ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE ARE OPTIMAL. If you dont like the trails or if you seek ATV Utopia. Move to the middle of the desrt and ride Glammis, Otherwise.............Get over yourself Posh ATV'er!!

JAX HELL HOUNDS
randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 09:02:02 AM »

I am also disappointed in the feeble attempts to groom the trails.  I had high hopes Ocala would have turned into something close to Durhamtown or Broadriver type of trails, relatively smooth and maintained.  Sadly, this has not even come close to happening.  I have read replies saying that Ocala does not have the manpower to run the grater machine.  It seems they have enough people checking for green stickers why cant they get one of them each day to run the machine?  People are now paying to ride the trails and this new income should cover the cost of running the machine.  I have also heard it takes a long time to groom a trail.  Say the machine moves at 3 mph, over a 8 hour day that is 24 miles of trail groomed (give or take for lunch break).  I have said it before and I'll say it again, they should pick 1 or 2 of the trail systems and concentrate on getting them groomed first as I'm sure it takes several passes of the grater to smooth them out.  Once that is done move on to the others and maybe leave one trail alone for the riders who prefer the challenge of riding the whoops.

As far as riding it like you stole it.  That is great if thats the kind of riding you enjoy.  I personally do not enjoy riding endless miles of whoops.  I ride a 600 pound 4x4 which is not the optimal machine for skipping across the tops of whoops.  I also ride with my wife and 12 year old son and neither of them like the whoops.  We just enjoy going out as a family, and would prefer to enjoy the beauty of the forest and being in nature without having to fight our ATVs over the whoops.

As far as just going to Durhamtown or Broadriver to ride, I'd do that in a second if I could.  However, its a 400 mile 10 hour drive one way for me.  Not only is it hard for me to get that kind of time to go, at 11 mpg towing it is almost $250 in gas round trip alone.  Ocala is less than 1 hour from my house.
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 09:42:04 AM »

well he obviously has never ridden an atv in the whoops or even has one because he is wanting to trade his golf cart for one, and for not trying to "disrespect" he sure is making some bold statement for not having an atv. I also have over $20,000 in atv's and rhino's that no one bought me but myself , so don't get me wrong I have ton's of fun on them but I do not "ride them like I stole them" Roll Eyes

I also have a 600# plus atv and the whoops absolutely suck, the enjoyment of the trails is gone. I have also had 6 sport bikes that I truly preferred not to ride the whoops with either, they just suck and that's all there is to it Grin

2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
megapurt400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »

well he obviously has never ridden an atv in the whoops or even has one because he is wanting to trade his golf cart for one, and for not trying to "disrespect" he sure is making some bold statement for not having an atv. I also have over $20,000 in atv's and rhino's that no one bought me but myself , so don't get me wrong I have ton's of fun on them but I do not "ride them like I stole them" Roll Eyes

I also have a 600# plus atv and the whoops absolutely suck, the enjoyment of the trails is gone. I have also had 6 sport bikes that I truly preferred not to ride the whoops with either, they just suck and that's all there is to it Grin

Well Mr. Ihavemorethanyou, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I hope it didn't hurt your head too much to be the literary genius you obviously must be. I do in fact have three four wheelers not that it matters, and all of them including my Honda motorcycle have been ridding in the whoops. I don't care for them any more than the next person. I guess if I must explain myself to the belligerently moronic I will, I wouldn't want you to send the hit squad after me since you make ever so much more money and have a ever so much more than anyone else as you seemed the need to mention it......hmmmm more than once. I enjoy two types of riding, One is at Ocala in the whoops and driving it like I stole it (and maintaining it) and the other Mr. Smarty britches is chillin with my family, four kids I might add, on our 3500 Acre tree farm in Wheeler County Georgia, in the lil 'ol town of Alamo. I don't really see the point in a Rhino in Florida but that is your dealio dude, (in a small voice) probably to haul around a very, very large significant other belligerently moronic wife. I'm just sayin, who cares what you have as long as you have one.

My comment was specifically this, Conditions apply to people that terrain matters. Adjust the way you ride. If you want to see nature go see it but I ride with plenty of People that ride different ways....none of which call for conditions I might add. It just seems and as a lack of a better word.....Sissy to me. There are two types of ATV'ers my slow genetically deficient buddy. Those who ride ATV's and those of us who drive ATV's. If you do not know the difference between Riding and Driving I will be happy to explain it to you. Otherwise you may just consider selling all your ever so expensive (like everyone else bought theirs used) toys and stick to the real estate gig.

JAX HELL HOUNDS
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 12:22:25 PM »

Cry  god do I feel bad for your kids, chillin, dealio, did you "gradgiate" from ebonix school. please if your over 16 I'd be surprised! I feel that way because I didn't call you a moron or bring your significant other into this, any man would not start to stoop so low No. No. . Look "dude" my point was for you to come on here with 2 post and just call someone a sissy was just rude or even complain about there style of riding or question why they would call about the conditions of the trails what's the bid deal? Then you come on here like a big interenet tuff guy ridin it like you stole style, you must be the man cause you know how to handle a quad on the whoops and tell him to ride around the wal-mart parking lot, come on man that just was uncalled for, you could have gotten your opinion across in a different way. but I apologize if I offended you, I just thought it was kind of rude. Toast
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:24:03 PM by r6realtor » Logged

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
megapurt400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »

First slick, use spell check. Second you are a douche. Third God don't like ugly buddy. Fourth your two cents do not matter to me. Fifth well your a thingy. Sixth don't waste your time replying, I am over it....Wait, I apologize for saying calling for conditions is a sissy thing to do. I apologize for all the rude things I have said and since this is only my third post ever in my whole life, all 37 years of them you should give me some lee-way. I apologize for the fat wife comment. I apologize for........ Jesus what else? Um....Oh yeah I apologize for calling anyone dude and saying chillin. I apologize for anything else that might have offended anyone who were politically correct. You are so right Mr. Sir. Have a nice day!

JAX HELL HOUNDS
r6realtor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:49:43 PM »

Sixth don't waste your time replying, I am over it....
your not the boss of me Grin just kidding man, I'll forget about the douche part if you forgive me about the internet tuff guy Wink
Welcome to the forums Toast

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com