Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amp Extreme SSQSA Race  (Read 13206 times)
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »

WELL my Son IS 14 and RIDES  an ltr450 and has ridden a 450 since he was 12, has NEVER CRASHED ANYONE! So I do not feel he is no more of a danger than anyone else. It is unfair to judge a RIDER by HIS age and not his capabilities. SSQSA has looked into this issue thoroughly, and I feel that they have made the right decision, and are using guidelines to base the individuals qualification to control their atv. I know some adults with less abilities than some of the youths at our local track. In fact my son, at 14 is in the points lead for his division C, and it has been suggested that he be in B, yet I felt he needed to finish out the year in C. The top three in his class are under 16; the top three in B class are under 18; and yeah the top one in A class is 17. My question to you is why is it ok for someone under 16 to ride a 450 dirt bike, yet not a 450 quad? If I recall correctly, the only people who did crash this past weekend were 18.

I(#39 on a blue yfz) rode with your son, and group at Durhamtown. He definitely rides very well and
in control. I saw him this past weekend and nothing changed, well... he might be faster now though Smiley

The racing this past W/E was awesome! I love that track.

- Dan

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
quadsonly4

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »

Not everyone that crashed this weekend was 18.  Matt is 17.  The SEQUADS age rule is pretty good.  I think letting the younger riders race a 450 is great.  It is up to the parents to see if their kids are riding over their heads.  If the parents don't, then the racers at the SSQSA will.  Rastrelli is a great example.  He is 14 and got 2nd in the 2nd money race and 3rd overall(only because Matt wrecked).  He has skills way above his age.  If he was a danger to himself or any other rider, then his Dad would be the first one to put him in a lower class, or the other A and money riders would ask him to step down.  Matt and Bowen feel very comfortable racing next to Rastrelli, but would not very comfortable racing next to some of the other 14 year olds.  That is why they race in the B or C class.
R450_Chick

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 10:34:56 PM »

The age classes aren't the only classes that don't have younger riders in them.  There is the women's class.  I do understand your position, as I have an upcoming young rider. 

I would like to point out a couple of things.  You've got to look at this whole thing from a different perspective.  Yes, safety is huge.  And is on the top of everyone's mind.  But, we are in a catch 22.  Without the "numbers" (which means $$ to the track) we can't get the better, bigger tracks to even look at opening the gates for us.  Without the tracks, we can't get the numbers - so what do you do?  We don't have the "numbers" yet to support AMA type rules.  Especially when we have local tracks, with a lot of riders, not enforcing the same AMA type rules.  So, we'll grow this series from the local track level up as safely as we can and in baby steps.  It's a constant battle and hopefully, we'll be able to move toward classes like AMA one day as our numbers continue to grow.

Next, I'd like to say, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution.  If it concerns you that tech wasn't conducted at this race (which this is the only one that it hasn't) then get involved in the series and step up.  We can always use help.  It's up to us quad racers to make this thing work to get to the numbers we need to get (and KEEP) the big tracks on our schedule.  Even if you don't want to race, come out and support the series at practice. 

Yolonda

WELL my Son IS 14 and RIDES  an ltr450 and has ridden a 450 since he was 12, has NEVER CRASHED ANYONE! So I do not feel he is no more of a danger than anyone else. It is unfair to judge a RIDER by HIS age and not his capabilities. SSQSA has looked into this issue thoroughly, and I feel that they have made the right decision, and are using guidelines to base the individuals qualification to control their atv. I know some adults with less abilities than some of the youths at our local track. In fact my son, at 14 is in the points lead for his division C, and it has been suggested that he be in B, yet I felt he needed to finish out the year in C. The top three in his class are under 16; the top three in B class are under 18; and yeah the top one in A class is 17. My question to you is why is it ok for someone under 16 to ride a 450 dirt bike, yet not a 450 quad? If I recall correctly, the only people who did crash this past weekend were 18.

OK!  I didn't mean to piss anyone off here but apparently you all are taken what I said the wrong way.  I never said anything about riders having to be 17 or 18!??!?!  And No, tech inspections have not been performed at EVERY race this season or last season.  once you start putting safety on the back burner....that is no way to help a series grow.  And I said the series needed help...I  know it needs to grow.  And I'd be willing to volunteer to help!  And I didn't say anything about enforcing ATVA, WPSA, or AMA rules.  If we were doing that, we would be running production classes and lose 50% of the riders running non-production bikes!  Further more...I think many of the young kids on 450's are more then capable of riding them!!!  If you look at the SEquads rules I was speaking of...no where does it say every class is 16+!   But it also does not leave a broad rule of "if the rider looks capable".  Who is to say that?  I know kids that you would think could never throw around a 450....but do it better then most 17 and 18 year olds!  By implementing clear cut rules you eliminate that question.  Also, if the parents of kids who SHOULD NOT be on big bikes dont take that responsibility it is putting everyone else in that class in danger!  And the ony way to MAKE SURE you are not running with kids on big bikes is to run the age class!  They do NOT enforce the womens rule of 16+.  I remeber when I used to have to bring 2 forms of ID to prove my age for womens class at other sanctioned races......but SSQSA does not enforce an age in the womens class!  But i'm sure this post is going to get more parents pissed off then seeing what i'm saying.  I just hope this series continues to grow, but safety does not get put on the side line.

~Em~
:-D
Suzuki LT-R 450
www.emilyyoung19.com
Special Thanks to everyone supporting my racing:
Fox Shox, Fasst Company, Fly Racing, Cernics Racing, Precision, Rath Racing,  Generation X ATV, Gaerne, Utopia Optics, Suomy Helmets, Six Six One, ASV, the Bohnstadt family, and my Mom and Dad!
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 10:56:28 PM »

I have riding gear thats 14 years old and older. It's hot pink! I sure 310r_dude has some too. We need to have a throw back weekend. Wink
 And don't make me pull out the 17 year old quad and spank the young ones too. Grin

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 11:30:11 PM »

I have riding gear thats 14 years old or older. It's hot pink! I'm sure 310r_dude has some too. We need to have a throw back weekend. Wink
 And don't make me pull out the 17 year old quad and spank the young ones too. Grin

Nahhhh... I got rid of ALL my old AXO aqua and pink gear!!!  But hey, if we are
gonna have a throw back W/E I need to get my "R" back together too Wink

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »

I have been reading all the post and lettin things play out.

Thank you all for your post.  With things like this, it helps the Series grow in the right direction.

You are correct.  Tech was not done this weekend.  No excuse.  But they have been done at all the other races.  They have been done as you are going out for practice on Sunday morning.  I have a idea that will help with this problem.  Before you can sign up for the race you have to go through tech.  You will then get a ticket to show so you can sign up for the race.  But in doing this I need someone to do the tech.  I will need you on Sat. for 2 hrs and on Sun for 1.5 hrs.  This is where people will need to do the early sign up to help speed up the process Sunday Morning.

As far as the age thing goes.  All classes are monitored and everyone falls in the guidelines that we have implemented.  I do not understand how the guidelines are not clear.  Everyone interprets rules different. 

We have spent a great deal of time working on the rules for the next season.  Things are spelled out better.  We have tried to take some of the rules from other series and adjust them just a little.  I think everyone will be happy with them.

And since the age thing was brought up and compaired to SEQUADS  Don't they let the 13 year olds ride in the womens class with no restrictions on quad?

This discussion is good.  It will help us better our program.

What I would like is for the moderator to take this stuff and put it into a new thread.  Let the things about the Amp race stay in the original thread and the things to help our program grow be put into another.

Thanks
Brett

* ssqsa_logo.jpg (15.37 KB, 300x111 - viewed 247 times.)

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 12:12:38 AM »

I have riding gear thats 14 years old or older. It's hot pink! I'm sure 310r_dude has some too. We need to have a throw back weekend. Wink

I have some of the old stuff too.  Can you believe we wore that stuff?  Grin Grin Grin

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »

Like Brett said........these discussions are good.

Brett is sincerely trying to make this series better. He wants it to grow bigger than some of you can imagine.

Input from riders and parents are what he needs to hash it out.

You as riders and we as parents have an opportunity to really blow this thing up.

TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »

Neither one of you two could fit in your old jerseys.

The weekend was great. The races ran very very smooth and I just think all the people at AMP are 1st class. Great job.

This winter series will be the best yet as there will be some of the best in the nation competeing in several classes.

We all have to step up and help Brett with this series because as the series gets bigger, which it will, then he will need more help from all of us. Thanks Brett and Yolanda as you both have done so much for the rest of us.

The pic below of Quinton is why I want to see this series grow and be around for a long time. If he did not have this series he probably would be spending his time in front of a TV or computer instead of racing his quad. How could a 4 yr old be having any more fun than this?

* Amp Extreme 001.jpg (75.12 KB, 515x387 - viewed 170 times.)
alger388

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:31 PM »

I never meant to come in here with my post of the intention of pissing anyone off here. Im just simply asking questions as a new comer to you series and what not. I bought the year memebership to support. Im not sure how many races ill be doing the winter series, i hope all but 2 though. Im just trying to give some input and some resources out there coming from the biggest series besides the nationals.

And watch out, ive been talking to a few guys to come down here this winter for some racing i HOPE.
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 10:05:02 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about pissing people off on the forum's...
it happens. Now, if you are at the track and it happens well, that entirely
different. Forums have a bad habit of people misconstruing what is
actually meant from someones post rather than what really was intended.
The lack of vocal/tonal inflection is the problem of text only communication.

Sometimes NOT also though Smiley

Anyway, I met you and hung out for a little while Friday night. Seemed
okay to me Wink

- Dano

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com