Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amp Extreme SSQSA Race  (Read 13211 times)
Gunnslinger

Dad=Driving the truck and paying the bills!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2007, 09:27:51 AM »

First things first-
      What a great Place to spend the weekend,we were there in good numbers and we all had fun.The owners of the track were dare i say as fun as the owner of L-Cross(They made the weekend so much more fun.I would also like to say that the turn out was great and thanks to all of the racers who took the time to show up and help make this a great weekend.I would also like to say that Bret and company did a great job getting things going and making them run smooth and the owners of the track for making it possible to do so.
      For the people who did not make it or have not been to this track-YOU MISSED OUT!!!!!-this place is great and very QUAD FRIENDLY.The owners gave us our fair share and did not short at all..
      Also want to send a Big Thanks to Matt Bremmer(hope you are feeling better),Jason and Don(Blue Rock Racing) for working on the track and providing the equipment to get this track ready last week before we all got there-GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for those of you who did not guess,this is a great track(BEST IN FLORIDA from this angle)and we had a great time,Alot of great racing-some cool surprises and some awsome finishes....

Thanks to Amp Extreme for providing a great track and atmosphere for a great weekend................
Toby
#53's Dad
pk250

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:00:51 AM »

i must agree, by far floridas premier track in my opinion,the layout was relly great and the people that own , run, and helped put this place together are top notch,and yes if you didnot make it you missed out,anf for anybody doubting if they could pull off a flawless first weekend? they did it right out of the box from the people at the gate knowing what everything cost and included to being able to get with track owners on a personal level , this will be a great destination.   pat cullaton
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »

I agree GREAT place had a blast and the number of quads was huge. Great people that run Amp cant ask for more. Clapper

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »

+1

We had a great time

I could see a nationals at this track in the future

Tom
#12's dad
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:53:55 PM by RTN » Logged
pk250

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 01:51:45 PM »

ya never know Roll Eyes
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »

Hats off to the track - what a great time and a great place.  My kid has never said she "loved" a track before this one.  We'll be back for sure.  Ditto what Toby said for the track owners and everyone who helped make this event a great one.   Grin

For anyone who missed this one, come out to the Fall Series and check it out.

Yolonda
#19's mom

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
jman 31

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »

We really enjoyed having everyone this weekend. Brett put his faith in us to produce a great track and we did every thing we could to live up to his expectations. Everyone was great and patient with us rookies, and we learned a lot.

Thanks for the great comments and we hope to see you again in January. Oh and bring a friend! Grin

Jeremy Ulmer
AMP Xtreme
quadsonly4

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »

Thanks Jeremy for everything you did all week long.  Matt had a great time helping you get the track ready for the weekend.  He got lots of seat time before the race and not much during the race.  He is feeling much better today.  He will be ready for practice on Tuesday night.  Thanks to Don Blue for all his help with his equipment and manpower.  I would love to see AMP Xtreme on the schedule more than once.  It needs to take the place of at least two other tracks.  With a track and track owners like that, we don't need to go to tiny little tracks or tracks that quit us.  Just my opinion.  Thanks again Jeremy and all your staff.
BlingstarHonda130

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 10:21:22 PM »

yea track was great!!  i liked it alot  gave you a little bit of everything

thanks for a great track!!!

sponsors: blingstar,spy,tag,works connection,evsi,itp,rage,& walsh
ATOMCRF450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »

It was a great weekend...are there any pictures? Embarrassed
BlingstarHonda130

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 12:05:30 AM »

anyone see the guy on the back of the truck video taping everyone leaving the track???  wounder what he was doing?

sponsors: blingstar,spy,tag,works connection,evsi,itp,rage,& walsh
A.T.P. RACING

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »

I must say that the track and the race program was TOP NOTCH.

This was one of the best weekends we have had out in a long time.

Our group will defiantly be making many more trips up to AMP for testing.

Hats off to Brett for all the hard work he has done in trying to give us a place to race.

Everyone, please keep up the support for the SSQSA, and support your local tracks and let them know that you
appreciate them letting us use there facilities. I believe that our sport of ATV Racing in Florida has a great
future instore.

Mike Walker
ATP Racing Engines

Hondarider22

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »

awesome weekend! the track was a blast and the turn out seemed to be pretty good, hope everyone had as good of a time as i did, def was a good weekend for me  Smiley cant wait for the winter series to start
#26YFZ
Supreme Member

Get up, there's no excuses...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »

Great track and great facilities all around.  I got one practice in before having some bike problems and out of shape body problems but atleast I was able to get a few pictures Saturday.  Sorry that I couldn't get back for the races sunday but I could barely get out of bed in the morning  Cheesy

more coming in a second... problem uploading
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

Thank you to everyone that showed up.  It is good to know how big our series can be. 

Thank you Don and Blue Rock Racing for helping with the track.

Thank you All from Amp.  Yall are a great group of guys that really understand what this sport is all about.  Good Luck with all the different projects that yall got going.

Thank you to Yolonda for all the help. 

There are sooooooo many people to thank but most of all I want to say thank you to all that have had the faith in this series and the grouth process that we are going through.  We really have something here.  Without all of the help and participation we wouldn't bee where we are now.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
ATOMCRF450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 12:41:33 AM »

Wow! Those picture are super clear...are there any more? Shocked
Gunnslinger

Dad=Driving the truck and paying the bills!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 08:00:57 AM »

Congrats to all of the racers and winners:
Jake Gunn
T.C. Nales
Alan Molony
Matt Bremer
Chris Bowen
Alex K.
Sam Cheatham
Chris Williams
Ryan Ellis
Jeffrey Rastrelli and all the others that i did not mention,all was fun and put on some great races--Thanks to Matt Bremer and Don Blue for helping to put together a great track to race on once again...
Toby
#53's Dad

#26YFZ
Supreme Member

Get up, there's no excuses...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »

About 400... still trying to get them all up.
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »

Man O' man, that was a great freakin' weekend. Great weather, great track,
great people and racers... I could go on and on Smiley When I got to wOrk Monday
people asked "How was your weekend?". I just replied "Time of my life, for sho'!"

I just want to say thanks to EVERYONE involved.

Cyaaaaaaaaaaa's next time,
 - Dano

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
ATOMCRF450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »

About 400... still trying to get them all up.

okcool... I can't wait.
Always nice to see pictures after the fact.
Thanks
alger388

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 06:14:51 PM »

I thought that the track was awsome myself. The folks who put the track together, and the guys that run the SSQSA are definately doing quite a good job. I talked to someone from the team, but i forgot his name and it was briefly. I brought a couple things to attention. This was my first SSQSA race this season, seeing i moved here from CT to attend MMI here in Orlando. I had some bike issues through the summer but i think she is good now. Its hard riding/racing on the college budget with bills and crap let me tell you. But besides that fact, i talked and mentioned that i heard there are a few "kids" running the big boys class. I heard number 13, on the black/black honda was only 12,13,or 14 years old riding a 450, actually a 490. Hats off to him for being able to run it, but i didn't see very much control and yea he did whoop my butt. He ended up passing me because he was knocking on my door and i felt actually threatened by him, because i felt he was alittle wild. Im not trying to start any fights here by any means. Maybe there was some in other classes idk. Like i said, im new to your community of riders.

I come from New England ATV, where back there we run the AMA rules and regulations. We have to buy AMA cards for the sanctioned tracks actually too. We are tear downs and stuff just like the ama national circuit. We are the biggest series next to the nationals, with about 300-500 riders in a weekend. We had to go to a two day event now since ive left because we would be ending when the sun goes down at night. We are talking 2-3 qualifiers for the C class, and sometimes 2 for the B class. No less than 20 riders per class.

Whoever i was talking to, it pisses me off i forgot his name, but i was talking to him about our series and stuff. He said he was adapting some of the things we do back home. I like seeing this. I also love the lower costs of the memberships and the class entry. Thats a hell of alot cheaper. Although the weekend went pretty damn well i must say, good control, kept things moving, and i liked that alot. I hope to see more from the fall/winter series. If the guys that run the SSQSA read this, i cdan get you in touch with Howard, the president of NEATV for further discussions and possible things. I believe if you guys try to bring out local shops and sponsors, it would help even more. We usually have Nacs, KandK, and a few other local shops back home selling things at the track to racers. Race fuel, goggles, tires, axles, whatever.

This series is heading in the right direction, im pretty pissed i have to miss the first one(ill be home for a few days for thanksgiving) but ill be back to run the others. Like i said, i didn't come in here trying to fight and start crap with anyone. Just trying to use alittle constructive critisism. If anyone has a problem, please reach me through a PM, i dont want to ruin a nice thread.

great track, great facility, and overall a great ass weekend and performance from almost everyone.

Thanks guys
Alger #388
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 09:07:36 PM »

I thought that the track was awsome myself. The folks who put the track together, and the guys that run the SSQSA are definately doing quite a good job. I talked to someone from the team, but i forgot his name and it was briefly. I brought a couple things to attention. This was my first SSQSA race this season, seeing i moved here from CT to attend MMI here in Orlando. I had some bike issues through the summer but i think she is good now. Its hard riding/racing on the college budget with bills and crap let me tell you. But besides that fact, i talked and mentioned that i heard there are a few "kids" running the big boys class. I heard number 13, on the black/black honda was only 12,13,or 14 years old riding a 450, actually a 490. Hats off to him for being able to run it, but i didn't see very much control and yea he did whoop my butt. He ended up passing me because he was knocking on my door and i felt actually threatened by him, because i felt he was alittle wild. Im not trying to start any fights here by any means. Maybe there was some in other classes idk. Like i said, im new to your community of riders.
Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing Help! Laugh Laugh Laugh

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
R450_Chick

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 10:29:22 PM »

[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you on a 12-15 year old being on a 450cc+ bike.  I've gotten in a very bad accident due to racing a 14 year old on a 450.  The only way to stay away from the younings on the big bikes is to run the age class  Sad.  Which in my opinion isn't the answer.  I think the series is growing, but I think a few things would help it.  I beleive safety should be a top concern.  Tech inspections aren't even being performed anymore at the races.  Here is the official "rules" from SSQSA website
 ** 16 years of age is recommended for all persons riding the A, B, C, Women, Stock, and 2 Stroke classes.  However,  under the discretion of the tech inspection director, a rider that is 14 or 15 may participate in these classes if they can show the following:

a)  Must be able to turn the handlebars in both directions while seated and keep their hands on the bars.

b)  While standing their must be 4 inches between the seat and the body of the rider.

c)  Must appear to have the strength and size to handle the machine.

I think these are a little vauge and don't justify every young fast kid to be on a big bike.  Don't get me wrong...there's young guys out there that have been riding for awhile and deffinately know how to handle the big bike!  But may be SSQSA can take something from our neighboring SEQuads series....this is what their rules say about kids under 16 on big bikes......

Expert: Riders must be 16 years or older to participate in this class.

A: no restrictions on quad, rider must be 16 years of age or older

B: no restrictions on quad, rider must be 15 years of age or older

C: no restrictions on quad, rider must be 14 years of age or older

Sorry for the long drawn out response....just wanted to share all that stuff.  I don't want to tick anyone off, just my opinion.  I think the series is growing and it needs all the help it can get.

~Em~

~Em~
:-D
Suzuki LT-R 450
www.emilyyoung19.com
Special Thanks to everyone supporting my racing:
Fox Shox, Fasst Company, Fly Racing, Cernics Racing, Precision, Rath Racing,  Generation X ATV, Gaerne, Utopia Optics, Suomy Helmets, Six Six One, ASV, the Bohnstadt family, and my Mom and Dad!
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 03:18:59 PM »

The age classes aren't the only classes that don't have younger riders in them.  There is the women's class.  I do understand your position, as I have an upcoming young rider. 

I would like to point out a couple of things.  You've got to look at this whole thing from a different perspective.  Yes, safety is huge.  And is on the top of everyone's mind.  But, we are in a catch 22.  Without the "numbers" (which means $$ to the track) we can't get the better, bigger tracks to even look at opening the gates for us.  Without the tracks, we can't get the numbers - so what do you do?  We don't have the "numbers" yet to support AMA type rules.  Especially when we have local tracks, with a lot of riders, not enforcing the same AMA type rules.  So, we'll grow this series from the local track level up as safely as we can and in baby steps.  It's a constant battle and hopefully, we'll be able to move toward classes like AMA one day as our numbers continue to grow.

Next, I'd like to say, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution.  If it concerns you that tech wasn't conducted at this race (which this is the only one that it hasn't) then get involved in the series and step up.  We can always use help.  It's up to us quad racers to make this thing work to get to the numbers we need to get (and KEEP) the big tracks on our schedule.  Even if you don't want to race, come out and support the series at practice. 

Yolonda

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
Ellis#8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 04:52:10 PM »

WELL my Son IS 14 and RIDES  an ltr450 and has ridden a 450 since he was 12, has NEVER CRASHED ANYONE! So I do not feel he is no more of a danger than anyone else. It is unfair to judge a RIDER by HIS age and not his capabilities. SSQSA has looked into this issue thoroughly, and I feel that they have made the right decision, and are using guidelines to base the individuals qualification to control their atv. I know some adults with less abilities than some of the youths at our local track. In fact my son, at 14 is in the points lead for his division C, and it has been suggested that he be in B, yet I felt he needed to finish out the year in C. The top three in his class are under 16; the top three in B class are under 18; and yeah the top one in A class is 17. My question to you is why is it ok for someone under 16 to ride a 450 dirt bike, yet not a 450 quad? If I recall correctly, the only people who did crash this past weekend were 18.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com