Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how was your day?  (Read 3297 times)
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »

With my current living arrangement, the weeks that I have my daughter with me I have to get up and be out the door with her by about 6:10am and then drive 36 miles to get her to the daycare that takes her to school.  I then have to drive about 35 miles back to get to work(work is about 2 miles from home).

Then in the afternoon I have to repeat the processes except for school days in which I have to go to my first class which starts at 4pm and gets out at 5:15,,,,,then in between classes I have to leave school, drive out and drop off my daughter at my parent's house and then drive back to school for the next class which starts at 7:30 and goes till 9:45.

Rinse and repeat,,,this is a normal day for me when my daughter is with me(for example, this whole last week). 

Anywhoo, this morning when I get her up she says her stomach is hurting a little, I told her it's probably because she is hungry because she didn't eat much last night so I fixed her a piece of toast with no butter and a slice of cheese on it.  Well, we get to the last mile before the daycare(remember 36 miles away) and her stomach lets loose all of it's contents on the dashboard, floor, and passenger seat of my truck.

Needless to say I saw the cheese toast and what was left of the steak she had last night and the smell was not all that great.

So there I was on the side of the road just inside Deltona, just after sunrise, 35 miles from home with nothing in the truck to mop up child-puke with.  So I took off my shirt and did the best I could to cover it up so she didn't have to sit in it and we drove back to Orlando,,,,,,,,

with the windows down.

so how was ya'lls day?

Id@

ps: I'm getting up in the morning to go get the carpet and seats shampoo'd

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »

Man...........that doesn't sound like fun.

I got up at my normal time, about 5:45am. Went through my normal routine before I leave the house at about 6:55am. Had a nice 24 mile ride to work on my motorcycle. A nice ride is no close calls with someone trying to kill me. Sat in my cubical and played on the Internet all day, sold a few parts in between and had a good ride home also. No rain and no close calls. A pretty good day for me.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
exrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:57:05 PM »

I feel your pain.

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

I'm hoping to get a motorcycle for the short rides to work/school,,,,,my truck barely even warms up with a 2-mile ride.

maybe even a bicycle,,,,the place I work at comes right next to a bike trail that runs through Orlando.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 10:00:03 PM »

If I worked within 5 miles of the house I would ride my bicycle to work. I ride it 3 to 5 times a week for 8 miles. I wish I worked that close to home.

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »

yeah it is nice, I usually only get to listen to about one or two good songs on the CD player before I'm at work.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 10:21:50 PM »

well  don't feel bad   ida  my day  sucked  too.   as i went  to work  this morning at 8.30am as usual  went to pick up  my enclosed  ( new) 18ft pace landscape trailer  at the storage place. and come to find out that the turd  that parks his dump truck and trailer next to mine had  backed his dumptruck into  my (new) trailer Huh  and put a  pretty nice hole on the side of my rig !!! never left anote or anything on the  trailer saying he did it . i guess  he forgot that there was surveillance  cameras everywhere and was caught on tape.    so i took a look  at the tapes  and shore enough  there  he was  busted!!!!!!!   well thats how  my day started.  now  i got  to get fixed. Angry  

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »

DANG, That sucks brotha..... I do feel the pain Cry

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:52:45 PM »

that sucks.

my throwout bearing on my clutch started squeaking again , and my axles are clicking. AGAIN.

but heres something to lift your spirits

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:29 PM »

While we're talking about our days I figured I would chime in. For the last 2 weeks I have been getting phone calls from some guy who I have no idea who he is. It started out as a wrong number, then went to me getting calls up to 20 times a day. Aside from the first call, I never answered the phone. Now this past Wednesday night around midnight I get another call from this guy. At this point I've had it so I answer the phone extremely rude and basically tell him to stop calling me and leave me alone. Well, that turned into him calling me a few names and pretty much saying from that point forward I was going to be his phone slave (sexually speaking). He was like I know where you live so if you're smart you'll do as I say. Any noise you hear at night - it's me, etc. Well, needless to say I flip out. He called 3 more times that night. Yesterday, I go into work and tell the guys about it. Sure enough, around 5pm he calls again. I have my coworker answer. He was pretty much told that anyone who got in the guys way will pretty much be a casualty. I got another 3 phone calls after work yesterday - no I didnt answer. This is basically the Cliff Notes version though, but you get the idea Sad

So, I go through my phone records and realize he's called me from 4 different numbers. I do a trace and come to find out the numbers are from a hospital in Virgina. My friend just called me a few minutes ago, he just got off the phone with the hospital. Come to find out there has been a "breach" in security in the hospitals psychiatric ward and "patients" and making outgoing calls even though they arent allowed. Head of security is supposed to be calling in the next hour or so. And yes, I will be filing a police report this weekend - even though I don't know this guys name or anything Sad I live alone and really dont need this kind of stuff to deal with. I think I am going to go puppy shopping this weekend. I'm scared out of my mind and havent slept in about 2.5 days. I still wish I knew how this guy got my cell phone number. Oh ya, and did I mention he has the creepiest voice ever? Even the guys at work were like WTF?? Ugh, I'm ready for this to be over with now Sad
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:08:08 AM by SkyHighT100 » Logged

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »

You guys could have it worst...

I work 8-12hrs a day seven days a week down here in EL salvador  but.... 4 more weeks and I'm home  Grin

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »

My typical day is starts at 6 A.M and then off to work by 7 and arrive around 7:30-7:45. It is about 15 miles each way and I then sometimes get off work around 4 or later. Wednesday's are my long days because I have work and school and my class starts at 7 and don't get out until 10 and I usually get home around 10:30.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 02:53:56 PM »

While we're talking about our days I figured I would chime in. For the last 2 weeks I have been getting phone calls from some guy who I have no idea who he is. It started out as a wrong number, then went to me getting calls up to 20 times a day. Aside from the first call, I never answered the phone. Now this past Wednesday night around midnight I get another call from this guy. At this point I've had it so I answer the phone extremely rude and basically tell him to stop calling me and leave me alone. Well, that turned into him calling me a few names and pretty much saying from that point forward I was going to be his phone slave (sexually speaking). He was like I know where you live so if you're smart you'll do as I say. Any noise you hear at night - it's me, etc. Well, needless to say I flip out. He called 3 more times that night. Yesterday, I go into work and tell the guys about it. Sure enough, around 5pm he calls again. I have my coworker answer. He was pretty much told that anyone who got in the guys way will pretty much be a casualty. I got another 3 phone calls after work yesterday - no I didnt answer. This is basically the Cliff Notes version though, but you get the idea Sad

So, I go through my phone records and realize he's called me from 4 different numbers. I do a trace and come to find out the numbers are from a hospital in Virgina. My friend just called me a few minutes ago, he just got off the phone with the hospital. Come to find out there has been a "breach" in security in the hospitals psychiatric ward and "patients" and making outgoing calls even though they arent allowed. Head of security is supposed to be calling in the next hour or so. And yes, I will be filing a police report this weekend - even though I don't know this guys name or anything Sad I live alone and really dont need this kind of stuff to deal with. I think I am going to go puppy shopping this weekend. I'm scared out of my mind and havent slept in about 2.5 days. I still wish I knew how this guy got my cell phone number. Oh ya, and did I mention he has the creepiest voice ever? Even the guys at work were like WTF?? Ugh, I'm ready for this to be over with now Sad

That sounds really freaky, especially for a single woman. He might have just dialed a random #. A dog would be a good idea.

Get a Pitbull. LOL

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 07:27:03 PM »

mine was pretty good. we went scouting for a place to put up tree stands in the mornin and then i had a football game that evening. we saw a few hogs that mornin too.

then today, i had to work til 7 to 2 (short i know but im a minor so....) then we went to see family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com