Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FWC got me.  (Read 1707 times)
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »

Did the usual drive through the old riding spot in the jeep on Sunday afternoon. I have been seeing some new signs along some of the old trails "environmental area. no hunting, dogs, motorized vehicles blah blah blah. This area is owned by state, county, private, real estate investors etc. Its been this way for 30 years. I was riding there ALL Weekend as were several other locals. Out of the bushes comes Mr. FWC on his new King Quad. He stopped took my liscense and said Don't move and hauled ass. Came back 20 minutes later with 2 ATV riders and started writing. After the lecture about Horse back riding, bird watching, and hikers "I did not qualify" he wrote the $58.00 ticket and told me to NEVER come back. I happened to be riding in a drainage easement in Highlands County at the very second of my criminal life. He was not nice and said jail was the alternative. I was NOT in the enviro area 1/2 mile to my south ever. This is another piece of our Americana being taken away. This area in question has been a problem area for the local sherrif. So after several attempts to rid this area of the criminal OHV peeps "I do qualify for that" They turned to the FWC to take over. They did this by placing those little signs everywhere. They even placed one in the dirt road that has a street sign on it. They placed them on private property, county property, state property. Its said because nobody has the deep pockets and balls to fight them on the legallity of this police action.  They don't play fair. Cry Cry Cry Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bonk Bonk Bonk Bonk Bonk Bonk Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer Boxer           

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »

only thing I can think of to fight them is to take a picture of your GPS with them in the background writing a ticket,,,,this way you could prove where you were.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »

I was thinking about that when he was writing my love letter. I did not have a GPS at the time, I do have a camera phone. Do you ever get the feeling if you say one more word, your going bye bye. He made that quite clear, twice. The only thing that was bothering me was I had no shoes on and I did not want to go to jail barefooted. I left my Crocs in the ATV, they are my muddin shoes. I might go back, take some pics of the little signs on streets and private property, etc and take the day off and go to court. He did say if I go to court and loose, the judge could fine me $500.00  Cool       

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

Bummer Dave!

America, she ain't as free as she use to be.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

they always say something like that about the fines,,,,I fought two tickets that were given to me about the same way,,,I got the same talk that if I lose I could get a big fine about four times what the ticket was,,,,I fought the law and,,,,I won ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »

Need to do a better job of hiding.
Its only illegal if you get caught. Drink

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185