Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Was Cool  (Read 2151 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2007, 09:13:44 AM »

For vacation this year, I went to Bar Harbor, Maine and visited Acadia National Park (for anybody who's ever thought about going up there, I highly recommend it - it is a true jewel).  A couple of weeks ago, my mother and her friend were visiting with us and we told them about the vacation and showed pictures.  They were so impressed that they packed up the car and drove to Bar Harbor this past weekend.  So yesterday, I was sitting at my desk and a thought popped into my head about web cams in Bar Harbor.  Turns out, a restaurant (Geddy's) in downtown Bar Harbor has a web cam right above their front door.  So I'm panning the camera back and forth, checking out the people.  Just for shits and giggles, I call my mom on her cell phone and ask her if she was still in Maine.  She said she was in Bar Harbor, walking around the village.  I told her what I was doing and it turned out, she was just out of view of the cam.  I told her which way to walk (I said walk towards the two guys sitting on the stone wall) and suddenly, there she was.  It was so cool to talk to her on the phone and watch her on a web cam from nearly two thousand miles away.  She started telling everybody around her what was going on and the next thing, I had about a dozen people standing in view of the camera all waving.  I wonder how long it will be until we all have phones like the Jetsons.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:28:40 AM »

I have been there a couple times. Both business and pleasure. Nice change of pace and beautiful scenes. Great motorcyle riding and lobster every day. I also would recommend that area for a family vacation spot.  Wink

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:49:31 AM »

Hey Dave, I never noticed you were in Ft Lauderdale.  We should get together and ride sometime.  I've got a 10 (almost 11) year-old girl, a 9 year-old boy, my wife and I and we all ride.  We go to Holeylands and also Suburban Estates.  The boy rides an Apex 90 and also has a KTM 50.  My daughter has a Viper 90 but I'm going to sell that and get her a Grizzly 125; fits her riding style better.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
singleshot

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »

Bar Harbor is a great place to visit.   Hike all day in Acadia, eat lobster and drink beer all night in Bar Harbor!

2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme
racefan15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:17:35 AM »

Bar cams are definately cool. They have some set up yr round in Louisiana on the Mardi Gras street and some throughout Las Vegas and Im sure elsewhere.
Go to Walmart and get your mom a webcam for Christmas and you can do it all the time...lol
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 10:42:51 AM »

That's disgusting  Shocked

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com