Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help! 450R right for me?  (Read 2632 times)
calhoun

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »

As a lot of you know the 08's are on the way so my local dealer is trying to shove an 07 down my throat. I have had 3 400ex's and loved them.They went through some very bad stuff and never had a problem, and for that i will only ride honda.

My question is am i going to like the 450r as much.  they told me i could get the elec start 450 for 700 more. I have wanted one becasuse of the power but never had a chance to ride one. I hear so much praise about them. I could do wheelies all day on the 400 drive through mud, water, whatever was in front of me without fear. IS the 450 as durable? I have never been on a liquid cooled bike and am scared that it is going to be to fragile. I dont ever go to the track so i dont need that. just a lot of very soggy trail riding. reverse is not needed, all i ever used it for was getting off the trailer.

thanks in advance.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

The only thing that would worry me if I was you is the mud. The 400EX doesn't have a radiator so it can't get clogged with mud and over heat. You will be amazed how much mud get in the radiator, even if it isn't deep. It splashes up in there. After a muddy race I pull off all the plastic and the radiator fan, so I can clean everything really well.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 02:57:52 PM »

you should be fine. ive never put mine thru any deep mud or anything but its NEVER given me any problems

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
derik429

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »

well if your looking for a 450 i got a 06 trx for 4500 excellent condition
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:22:16 PM »

The only thing that would worry me if I was you is the mud. The 400EX doesn't have a radiator so it can't get clogged with mud and over heat. You will be amazed how much mud get in the radiator, even if it isn't deep. It splashes up in there. After a muddy race I pull off all the plastic and the radiator fan, so I can clean everything really well.

Maybe you should try to get the holeshot once in a while. That might help with your radiator problems. I've never been behind anyone in a race, so I don't know what that would be like.

As for getting a Honda 450r, Calhoun..if you like going fast and big air, then the 450r is the bike for you. If you're not use to the power and speed, you might want to get something a little slower like a Yamaha 450. That's what kind my sister rides. She's pretty comfortable on it, but she's affraid of the Honda 450r..it's got too much power and speed.

Good luck.

Oh, and as for the Electric Start...that's kinda for girls. I suppose you want reverse on the frickin' thing too!

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
K-Town Quad Boy 08

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:36:16 PM »

they r very nice bikes
i ride mine all the time
pasture ,track,C&R Side of the road, eevrywhere never had n e trouble with it.
so i would say yes and no they r not fragile
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:40:51 AM »

Maybe you should try to get the holeshot once in a while. That might help with your radiator problems. I've never been behind anyone in a race, so I don't know what that would be like.

As for getting a Honda 450r, Calhoun..if you like going fast and big air, then the 450r is the bike for you. If you're not use to the power and speed, you might want to get something a little slower like a Yamaha 450. That's what kind my sister rides. She's pretty comfortable on it, but she's affraid of the Honda 450r..it's got too much power and speed.

Good luck.

Oh, and as for the Electric Start...that's kinda for girls. I suppose you want reverse on the frickin' thing too!

That happens when I'm lapping people like you.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
atvrob

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:49:24 AM »

i have barrel rolled mine down big hills many a time. took it like a champ
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »

That happens when I'm lapping people like you.
[/quote]

OH SNAP!

Me and the rest of the fellas, just assumed you were affraid of heights and that's why you were avoiding the podium finishes.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
calhoun

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »

well, thanks for the help guys. I picked my 07 white 450r up on sat. Think i got a pretty good deal even though i got it in naples.

This thing is so much better than a 400ex. thanks again to everyone.

Now i just need to find somewhere to ride it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com