Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iranian President at Columbia  (Read 5937 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:09:13 PM »

Not to be offensive, but I know this is probably a stretch for this forum.  Did anybody watch the complete tapes of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at Columbia, along with University President Bollinger's opening comments?  If so, what did you think of it all?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:10:57 PM »

I am glad that SOB isnt allowed to visit ground zero.  It would be a shame if something happend Shocked
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »

i read about it. but that guy is an idiot!

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »

I'm probably going to get in trouble for responding to this...you know how the rest of the members get when I overwhelm them with the knowledge from my abnormally large brain, but here goes nuttin.

I applaud Columbia's decision to allow President Ahmidenijad to speak.

While I disagree with most of what Ahmidenijad says and stands for, I'm thoughtful and discerning enough to be able to listen to someone like Ahmadenijad, and not be caught up in his rhetoric. I'd rather here the words from him and make my own decisions rather than having people like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly force feed me their opinions.

Ahmidenijad definitely has a tendency to dance around the question. He's a typical politician, and we all know not to ever trust any of them.

One thing I do find strange is how so America want's to opress his free speech. I'm hearing a lot of blow back on the news of how people feel he shouldn't have been allowed to speak.

Kind of Ironic that a country based on free speech doesn't want to let people have free speech if that speech happens to be in oposition to their beliefs.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:21:47 PM by UncleRico » Logged

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:26:50 PM »

I found him to be very well spoken, almost profound.  He was, for the most part, a very interesting representation of how that region of the world views the conflicts there.  It detracted from his overall performance when he danced around the trickier issues, such as the Holocaust and the anihilation of Israel.  I think we all would have held him in higher regard (albeit, still despicable) had he at least been forthright in his answer ('Hell yeah, I said burn Israel down' - or something like that).  I really wonder if Columbia will actually be bold enough to send faculty and students to Tehran to partake in a similar forum and, if they do, will the American media actually cover it, un-abridged.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »

I'd like to see it, but not really sure if I want to devote that much time to listening to someone who holds the opinions he has about Israel.

got a link? maybe I'll watch it in the morning.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »

One thing I do find strange is how so America want's to opress his free speech. I'm hearing a lot of blow back on the news of how people feel he shouldn't have been allowed to speak.

Kind of Ironic that a country based on free speech doesn't want to let people have free speech if that speech happens to be in oposition to their beliefs.

Freedom of speech, along with our other rights, were fought for by OUR countrymen to guarantee all americans the right to speak out against OUR government without fear of reprisal. He is the leader of a country which is of one of the biggest supporters of terrorism, and was also believed to be one of the Iranians that held our citizens back in 1979. In my opinion he doesn't deserve the freedoms guaranteed by our constitution that is not allowed in his country.

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »

Freedom of speech, along with our other rights, were fought for by OUR countrymen to guarantee all americans the right to speak out against OUR government without fear of reprisal. He is the leader of a country which is of one of the biggest supporters of terrorism, and was also believed to be one of the Iranians that held our citizens back in 1979. In my opinion he doesn't deserve the freedoms guaranteed by our constitution that is not allowed in his country.

Get out of my head!!! Very well said bud...did you switch beers?lol
budman
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 10:33:20 PM »

Naw...I really had a lot more than that, but it would have led to a "for all you Ahmidenijad haters " thread.

www.rratv.net

34Qt Coleman cooler,
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »

Naw...I really had a lot more than that, but it would have led to a "for all you Ahmidenijad haters " thread.

Boxer Bonk Dead
budman
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 10:50:56 PM »

Not only is the Dean of Columbia cool with having evil Iranian dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stop by for little chat, he also says that he would invite the most murderous bastard that ever lived---Adolf Hitler--- if he could. This University is a complete disgrace and hopefully the state of New York does the right thing and stops funding these idiots immediately.

www.rratv.net

34Qt Coleman cooler,
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »

Not only is the Dean of Columbia cool with having evil Iranian dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stop by for little chat, he also says that he would invite the most murderous bastard that ever lived---Adolf Hitler--- if he could. This University is a complete disgrace and hopefully the state of New York does the right thing and stops funding these idiots immediately.

Shoot they would probably even let a car sales man speak there.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 04:55:05 AM »

I'm probably going to get in trouble for responding to this...you know how the rest of the members get when I overwhelm them with the knowledge from my abnormally large brain, but here goes nuttin.

I applaud Columbia's decision to allow President Ahmidenijad to speak.

While I disagree with most of what Ahmidenijad says and stands for, I'm thoughtful and discerning enough to be able to listen to someone like Ahmadenijad, and not be caught up in his rhetoric. I'd rather here the words from him and make my own decisions rather than having people like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly force feed me their opinions.

Ahmidenijad definitely has a tendency to dance around the question. He's a typical politician, and we all know not to ever trust any of them.

....I agree, and the ridicule he took on the stage was priceless IMO. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 07:00:53 AM »

I'd rather here the words from him and make my own decisions rather than having people like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly force feed me their opinions.

Dang UncleRico thats terrible....Bill O'Reilly has access to your remote control..hmmm,

Exactly what I was thinking also  Dunno

I agree (FOR WHAT ITS WORTH!)

MY OPINION FOR WHAT ITS WORTH Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is an idiot yeah I know name calling is childish and that make me ____! but I call it like I see it, but then again "who am I"  Grin
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »

I was appauled to see that last night on the news. This guy is funding terrorism & sending weapons to Iraq to kill our soldiers & we let him into our country. This guy should have been locked up & sent to Guantanamo Bay immediately!!! He is key to the terror in the middle east. He is a blatant liar & mocks our leaders by being allowed into this country. I wish someone would have capped him & did the world a favor. This guy is the most likely person to set off a nuke in the world. Even more likely than Kim Jung mentally Ill. I hope you people who defend his right to OUR FREEDOMS get your heads out of your azzes & realize our brothers & sisters are dying every day because of his alliance with the terrorists we are fighting in the middle east!!!!!! Angry
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 09:23:25 AM »

I was appauled to see that last night on the news Angry. This guy is funding terrorism & sending weapons to Iraq to kill our soldiers & we let him into our country. This guy should have been locked up & sent to Guantanamo Bay immediately Smash!!! He is key to the terror in the middle east. He is a blatant liar & mocks our leaders by being allowed into this country. I wish someone would have capped him & did the world a favor Wink. This guy is the most likely person to set off a nuke in the world. Even more likely than Kim Jung mentally Ill. I hope you people who defend his right to OUR FREEDOMS get your heads out of your azzes & realize our brothers & sisters are dying every day because of his alliance with the terrorists we are fighting in the middle east!!!!!! Angry

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow Hug Yup! Yup! Toast Toast Kiss
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 11:55:28 AM »

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death!" - Voltaire

Freedom of speech is not an exclusive ideaology available only to Americans. I think sometimes, we as American's forget that. The point being, that those who engage in freedom of speech should be willing to extend that freedom to others, no matter how wrong that person may be.

Remember, words are just words, until they turn into action.

Can Am Gator:

Re:

"Dang UncleRico thats terrible....Bill O'Reilly has access to your remote control..hmmm,"

The point here is that those people who regurgitate back the conservative talking points they hear Bill O'Reilly say, tend to be non discerning and content without researching the issues on their own. I said, I would rather not be that person. I would rather hear what Ahmidinjad has to say, instead of relying on media biased pundits for my information.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear enough.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 12:01:27 PM by UncleRico » Logged

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death!" - Voltaire

Freedom of speech is not an exclusive ideaology available only to Americans. I think sometimes, we as American's forget that. The point being, that those who engage in freedom of speech should be willing to extend that freedom to others, no matter how wrong that person may be.

Can Am Gator:

Re:

"Dang UncleRico thats terrible....Bill O'Reilly has access to your remote control..hmmm,"

The point here is that those people who regurgitate back the conservative talking points they hear Bill O'Reilly say, tend to be non discerning and content without researching the issues on their own. I said, I would rather not be that person. I would rather hear what Ahmidinjad has to say, instead of relying on media biased pundits for my information.

Well put, Jack.  I have to add that punditry certainly isn't reserved by Bill and other conservatives; nearly anything you listen to on any news network these days reeks of propoganda and partisan driven viewpoints.  CNN is clearly a liberal's haven.

GrizzlyGator

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 04:08:30 PM »

Can Am Gator:

Re:

No apology needed UncleRico  Wink I apologize if I offended you. I tend to want to hear everyone side before I formulate my own opinion myself...I concur with your statement on not trusting politicians, the probelm with politicians is that the good one's...the one's that would actually do some good for this country aren't electable...they tend to tell people the way it is instead of what the masses want to hear. As far as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad I still think he's an IDIOT I didn't need to hear his speech. I see enough in his actions but like you thats just my opinion and I respect yours and others...that being said I wouldn't have invited the A-hole here in the first place. peace      
budman
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 04:12:49 PM »

I think his actions of State-Sponsored terrorism, Our dead soldiers due to IED's that have been linked to Iran, The capture of Iranian agents inside of Iraq, and their pursuit of nuclear weapons are enough for me to not want his ass in my country.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:16:24 PM by budman » Logged

www.rratv.net

34Qt Coleman cooler,
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
foreman1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 08:40:51 PM »

I would've prefered if he never came here in the first place.
Theres  nothing special about this guy/ ruler , put his a$$ on plane and get him back in the desert where he belongs. Moon

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
4MANFREAK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 09:15:18 PM »

I can't believe we even let him in the U.S. He is the rude of all evil and we need to wake up... Evil Evil Evil

2006 FOREMAN 500 4x4
2004 Rancher 350 4x4
2002 400 EX
1997 FOREMAN 400 4x4
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »

I can't believe this Uncle Rico guy. People like him make me sick! His Islamofascist propoganda and view points shouldn't be displayed on this website. It's anti american. If he don't like it, he should get the hell out.

I'm all for free speech, but we should ban Uncle Rico if he's going to make crazy statements like that. America is the greatest country in the world! If you don't believe me, just ask our president. He'll tell you.

I'm highly offended that any American would say anything that remotely supports that crazy Iranian bastard!

You should appologize to everyone you offended here today Rico!
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 11:39:47 PM »

I can't believe this Uncle Rico guy. People like him make me sick! His Islamofascist propoganda and view points shouldn't be displayed on this website. It's anti american. If he don't like it, he should get the hell out.

I'm all for free speech, but we should ban Uncle Rico if he's going to make crazy statements like that. America is the greatest country in the world! If you don't believe me, just ask our president. He'll tell you.

I'm highly offended that any American would say anything that remotely supports that crazy Iranian bastard!

THEM BE FIGHTIN WORDS!! Boxer
i never thought captain morgan was a violent person..he's always open to letting people sit on his leg..kinda like santa clause..
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 09:01:49 AM »

the thing is that our Constitution unfortunately gives the right of free speech to anyone in this great country,,,,not just it's citizens.

As far as Columbia giving him basically an open forum, that's up to them and their supporters,,,,yes the taxpayers are supporting the university with federal grants, but they also follow the rules and satisfy the needs for the grant money to keep flowing therefore they get the money.

Do I like that this guy was given an open forum,,,,no, but I do agree with him that the UN headquarters needs to be moved.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com