Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Close call with a gator  (Read 4331 times)
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »

So last night Saturday(9/22) we went for a night ride i had my raptor, at first and it was way to much water for any 2X4. So we went back to the truck and left my raptor and i jumped on the bike with my g/f. e We ride a few trails and decided lets go further west on the levy when we were about 3/4 down the levy we jumped on a trail maybe 1/3 threw the trail(from power line pole to power line pole) i see something in front of me. I wasn't 100% sure if it was a gator so i kept on going, after i went over what i thought was a gator we looked back to see if the other riders behind us were still there and they were, but when i looked back the gator was hauling ass off the trail we all kinda freaked out and said screw it lets not go any further and turn around thinking the gator was long gone, so that we didn't have 2 go any further and find any more gators. We turn around knowing the trail and it wasn't that bad so we still got stuck and still had a good time except for the females yelling stay out the water, finally get unstuck and get ready 2 go back up under the power pole at that time my aunt spots the gator with the light(1.5million candle light) so by that time i was like screw it I'm going, i got about 15ft away from the gator and it fully walked up on the dryland where we had to go, i seen her go up and head towards the levy and i followed right behind her then she stopped and since i was up front I'm thinking craaaaap, so shes to my left and my passenger was on another bike so she didn't have to see the gator up close, so now I'm only on the right side of the bike and when i pass it she ran backinto the brush. all in all holeylands is great just not with so much water and gators lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 05:16:19 PM by Da_Mtg_Man » Logged

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:42:15 PM »

gators are like dogs they only bite when u touch there private parts.....
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »

Only you would know that wisdom Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »

lol, i tried to touch her/his tail but everyone was holding me back

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:01:10 AM »

Ain't that the truth. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:46:50 AM »

Bow Huntin in three lakes this past weekend in a ground blind we set up on a canal ridge, just after sunrise I heard some rustlin at the bottom of the ridge and saw what I thought was an armadillo, that turned out to be a gators nose. Few minutes later that nose turned into a 4 to 4.5 footer that eventually climbed the ridge and tried stickin it's nose under the blind on the exit side no less. Biggest thrill all weekend Grin

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
atvrob

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:29:34 AM »

one time me and my buddy came across a 4 ft gator in the middle of ocala where they were clearing woods for houses[what else] and i talked him into jumping on it like steve irwin,because it had just gotten run over twice,he didit and i tied up its mouth w tape. even with the mouth taped the hissing sound it made would scare the crap out of us,friggin dinosaur. we wanted to take it to the river and let it go but we were scared of getting caught w it so we called animal control. you should have seen this guy try to get that thing in a dog box. it start wiggling violently andsmashed him against the city truck we were laughing our a$$es off.kinda felt bad for it,im sure the ole country boy probably just took it home to eat,he said they dont relocate them.[building causes more damage than quads ever could!] witch is kind of ironic sense i do new const specialty work.im caught in the middle,butgot to pay bills. not so much this year though Huh
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 09:36:47 PM »

i forgot to mention its size id say it was a good 8ft, a good 8ft of pissed off gator that got ran over by my eiger, lol. i wanted 2 touch her tail after she was up on land and 2 people(who i was riding with) grabbed my shirt and shoulder

i probably wont be going back to holylands until some of the water clears up
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:38:28 PM by EigerGuy » Logged

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »

I had a pretty close call. I was fishing in a golf course. Me and two of my friends were walking towards the exit, just casting into the water while we were walking. Well I started walking backwards talking to me friend, and along the lake there was a tree, well I was just turning around while coming around the tree and I looked and saw my freinds had stopped, when I turned around there was a gator, no lie, about 6 feet away and close to 12 feet long. This thing had to be over 600 lbs it was enormous, it turned its head and i ran as fast as i could. He just sat there bathing in the sun, so we backed off a little and kept fishing.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 10:53:38 PM »

well i know my initial encounter(when i ran it over) was more than close enough for me, and my passenger

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 11:08:01 PM »

u gotta be kidding..gators dont do crap to you if you dont sneak up on em..try going to a place called shark valley..i've been 2 feet from a 12 foot gator..it just sat there in the sun..gators dont go around trying to eat people like a lion or cheeta..they just lay around..at night they hunt..so if u sneak up on one it will flip and maybe try 2 scare you..but they are wayyy more scared of u than u are of them..if one chases u..run in a zig zag..they cant keep track of you if you do that..keep on trukkin!
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »

try catchin those rascals that big, i would go with my dads buddy when i was a kid he was a state nuisance trapper, sometimes i dont know how he did it by himself i have seen that man bring in some monsters 12'+
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »

hhaaha..no way!! catching the beasts that big would never be for me..maybe a 9 inch baby gator..but no big guys..i dont even know what i'd do with a big one..i wouldnt eat the tail..and i dont wanna kill it anyway..
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 06:36:06 PM »

u gotta be kidding..gators dont do crap to you if you dont sneak up on em..try going to a place called shark valley..i've been 2 feet from a 12 foot gator..it just sat there in the sun..gators dont go around trying to eat people like a lion or cheeta..they just lay around..at night they hunt..so if u sneak up on one it will flip and maybe try 2 scare you..but they are wayyy more scared of u than u are of them..if one chases u..run in a zig zag..they cant keep track of you if you do that..keep on trukkin!

another thing i forgot to mention was this was a night ride around 2am so the only reason i saw the biotch was because of my headlights

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »

oh its fine man..i knew u were meaning at night..i was just sayin..no need to fear..unless at night.,..haha..so ur justified this time..ha
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »

lol

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print