Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what's the new scoop with Ocala?  (Read 4210 times)
Shorgasm

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »

We haven't been out there in over a year...sold the toys to buy a house and now we got some quads again.

We used to go off the power lines at the Alexander springs area.Opposite way of Scrub but same power lines.

Fill me in my people...and what's this I hear about the Motoplex?

We are over in the daytona area.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 08:38:04 PM »

To me, they have made so many rules for the forest now that its not fun any more. Starting in October there will be a $75 a year fee and starting April 08 anyone under 16 will have to have completed a ATV saftey course.
  As for the motoplex, I'm taking my kids up there this weekend to check it out. I have heard nothing but goods things about it, the owner is a great guy and because its private and not state owned they are willing to make it anything that we desire.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
KB

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:42:16 AM »

O.N.F. IMO is trying to make it difficult to the point thatit will make some peole stop goin there.

You have to have your quads. registered, & sticker that looks like a boat sticker(different than a Croom sticker).
Can ride only on designated trails, I haven't been in awhile, last time I went was to Big Scrub & parked inside the campground.

I kinda like the idea of having them registered only because it might heelp prevent some people from stealing ATV's.

There measuring the knobby's on your tires (no paddles) & I think there gonna start measuring the noise of your exhaust soon,
(no loud pipes).
Sounds like a big PIA to me, but some people might like it.

I know theres prob. a few gas stations,stores & places like Elite Campground, that I'm sure have seen a decrease in there sales.

Oh, & the rangers better not see any mud on your quad, there giving out some hefty fines.

I been to the MOTOPLEX once & stayed there for the weekend, it was really nice, I'm going back this weekend, theres a mixture of everything up there as far as mud, utility trails, 1 way fast trails for sport quads, hill climbs, the owner Paul is a real cool dude too,
it's family friendly, when i was there, there where a few kids, they have a track for the kids too.
$10.00 a day, I think kids under 12 are $5.00.   www.floridaatvmotoplex.com

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »

I haven't been up there in quite a while, but I usually ride out of the Id@ C@mp front yard and make a run for the "legal" area to ride in before I get caught ;-)

of course, since the rangers are reading this, I'm sure there will be satellites pointed out there waiting for me to make a run for it ;-)

I'll have to do a Ghost Rider style run.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
KB

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

Well if they are reading this I wish they would get out of there office & go out & enforce the laws that where in place 15 yrs. ago,
I know it's hot out there but they signed up for it, I'll never forget when I talked to Brett Bush on the phone one day & he told me "most of the damage is coming from 2 wheel drive ATV's, all they do is spin.

I wonder how many people are back there in 2 wheel drive trucks & cars w/ bald tires that are just spinning, I know I pulled a few out.
IMO, most of the so called "damage to the forest" happened between 10 pm & 5 am.

sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »

so they finnaly did away with paddles huh? that sucks! in my opinion a tire that dosnt get any traction is going to tear up more ground by spinning all over the place, man there F'n that place up! they alrady get pissed when I show up, becouse im an out of stater ha! there like "where your registration sticker?!" im like I dont have one! there like you cant ride! Im like wanna bet!? im outa state beeaayytcchhes!! beenbeeen gone!

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 11:44:05 PM »

Yeah but they'll make you provide proof of ownership (notarized of course) and require you to pay their new riding fee.   Angry

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
dirtyrooster

Ride it like you hate it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »

I dont know if you guys are talking about a specific area in ocala or not, but I went to lake delancey last weekend. I arrived there about 4 PM , rode untill 1 AM camped out, rode for 2 hours the next morning and never saw 1 ranger. The ride was pretty good except for the train of sand rails we encountered along a narrow trail.

'06 Predator 500
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »

I'm shocked,,,,night riding has been illegal out there for years

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »

You got lucky.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »

Wheres the parking for Lake Delancey now ?

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
atvrob

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »

tim, justgo over eureka bridge heading away from ft mccoy and take a left on one of those forest roads 97 or 88,im not for sure of the numbers .one of them has those big pipes that are fenced in by the hard road. you will start to see people parked here and there.thats where they cut all those new trails and i heard they are grooming some already.some are real tight and others you can really open it up on.but remember they are not one way
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 10:02:32 AM »

Thank you sir ! Thumbs Up

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
dirtyrooster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »

tim, justgo over eureka bridge heading away from ft mccoy and take a left on one of those forest roads 97 or 88,im not for sure of the numbers .one of them has those big pipes that are fenced in by the hard road. you will start to see people parked here and there.thats where they cut all those new trails and i heard they are grooming some already.some are real tight and others you can really open it up on.but remember they are not one way
I think its 97. anyway go about 3 miles down the dirt road and its the second marked entrance on the left

'06 Predator 500
dirtyrooster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:43 PM »

Id@
Even if a ranger did happen to see us that night theres NO WAY he could have kept up! It's great to be on an empty trail!

'06 Predator 500
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »

Id@
Even if a ranger did happen to see us that night theres NO WAY he could have kept up! It's great to be on an empty trail!

Nice to see responsible riders! Roll Eyes

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
dirtyrooster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 10:44:03 PM »

Id@

Nice to see responsible riders! Roll Eyes
Im not a teenager anymore and would be more than happy to stop for any type of law enforcement. the point I was trying to make is that we had one awesomely fast paced ride that night your  highness.

'06 Predator 500
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 11:36:20 PM »

your  highness.

Sorry, I must have missed the sarcasm in your original post, but I will tell you this........ If everyone on this website would follow your lead on my name it would be a lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com