Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Polaris Ranger RZR  (Read 7710 times)
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »

I don't know if there has been any discussion about this Razor but I wanted to see what everyone opinion is of this side by side so I figured I would ask the experts (ATV Florida)  Smiley It has certainly got my attention I think it would a good trail ride vs. the side by side with a bed (for work) What do yall think?

heres a link ---> http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/Buyers_Guide/Polaris/2008-Polaris-Ranger-RZR.cfm

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:35:42 AM »

i saw one at the track. they look bad a$$! they are fast too. i want to get one.

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »

I was trying to find accessories for it see what they had LOL

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »

i was actually looking at that stuff about 30 min ago. i was curious myself. i couldn't find much. lol

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »

One of if not the fastest side by side out, hardly any useful bed so it's not practical for any kind of work, smaller seating area than most others. Basically it's perfect for the sand dune crowd out in CA or would be great for trails only if you can fit into it comfortably.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
qt314nfla

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 12:07:39 PM »

I've got a friend that has one.  I drove it around all weekend and this thing makes all the other side by sides look like crap in comparison.  Realize I've driven all of the side by sides and if I were in the market I use to want a rhino.  I want one of these Razor's.  The polaris ppl are gonna laugh at me cause I'm gonna have to eat all my bad words about polaris.  They did it right w/ the Razor!!!

The suspension is beyond comparison.  They have that thing so well tuned that you can hit the whoops at 40+ mph and never feel them.  It's smoother in acceleration and the steering is tighter.  It handled better all across the board from every other side by side I've been in and driven.  The seats are comfy. 

It has a few set backs.  I do not like the trunk space compared to the rhino.  However, at the speed you'll want to take the trails at who cares about the trunk.  I was a bit nervous getting into a vehicle that has an oh chit bar right up front.  It is well worth it to not have your hands over your head holding on to the side rail.  Another set back is the door system on it. It's a pain to get in and out of but well worth having it when you're running the trail hauling azz!

I can't wait till I can afford one!
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 12:09:09 PM »

http://www.rubicon4x4.com/index.php?cPath=3710&sort=5a&page=1

Found some stuff there, I didn't think it would be good for working, kinda sucks only room for 2 but really thats all your suppose to have on an atv also.

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »

I've got a friend that has one.  I drove it around all weekend and this thing makes all the other side by sides look like crap in comparison.  Realize I've driven all of the side by sides and if I were in the market I use to want a rhino.  I want one of these Razor's.  The polaris ppl are gonna laugh at me cause I'm gonna have to eat all my bad words about polaris.  They did it right w/ the Razor!!!

The suspension is beyond comparison.  They have that thing so well tuned that you can hit the whoops at 40+ mph and never feel them.  It's smoother in acceleration and the steering is tighter.  It handled better all across the board from every other side by side I've been in and driven.  The seats are comfy. 

It has a few set backs.  I do not like the trunk space compared to the rhino.  However, at the speed you'll want to take the trails at who cares about the trunk.  I was a bit nervous getting into a vehicle that has an oh chit bar right up front.  It is well worth it to not have your hands over your head holding on to the side rail.  Another set back is the door system on it. It's a pain to get in and out of but well worth having it when you're running the trail hauling azz!

I can't wait till I can afford one!

You guys aren't helping me out LMAO in the back of my head I was hoping yall would have bad reviews so I wouldn't want to buy it. Thumbs Up well there is always the ever lasting money problem so we will have to wait and see

450r91

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »

Just wanted to clear something up! Yes the razr is no machine for hauling stuff thats why they have the original ranger for that! Both models have the same motor so no reason to bash on how small of a bed it has because polaris didnt make it to be a work vehicle! This thing is strickly play! There are a ton of aftermarket stuff out for this thing! I have one up at my shop right now and they are SICK! Its actually are 3rd one we have had! They have a baja kit out for it and it makes this thing look like its ready for the 1000! If any of you have any questions on it just let me know.
qt314nfla

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 12:39:17 PM »

Just wanted to clear something up! Yes the razr is no machine for hauling stuff thats why they have the original ranger for that! Both models have the same motor so no reason to bash on how small of a bed it has because polaris didnt make it to be a work vehicle! This thing is strickly play! There are a ton of aftermarket stuff out for this thing! I have one up at my shop right now and they are SICK! Its actually are 3rd one we have had! They have a baja kit out for it and it makes this thing look like its ready for the 1000! If any of you have any questions on it just let me know.

Did you not read my review?  I posted the good and bad that I saw when compared to the other side by sides.  I also stated that IMO that I want a razor rather than any of the other side by sides.  I was backing it up and saying that I'm eating my words on bad talking polaris b/c they did it right on the razor.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »

i am 6'4" and fit in the RZR better than a rhino.... and I am pretty wide.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »

Look at the last issue of Quad magazine.  they compared the Rhino and the RZR.  They said that other then the speed, you get more from the Rhino.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »

Well I can tell you they either dont stop well or the guy driving it doesnt know how to drive it as he rand head on into my buddy when we were trail riding. I guess the good thing is when running into quads they wont leave bad marks on the bumper

450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 02:24:21 PM »

Im not trying to get on anyones case im just trying to clear up that this machine is by no means made for carrying much stuff! Its flat out made for fun! I didnt mention anything about comparing the razr with the rhino either. Every magazine though has there own thoughts on the 2 machines! Is is nice though to have 2 inches of more travel which the razr has over the rhino and a few other things but yes the rhino has better features in other categories than the razr. Just saying if u want a adrenaline rush the razr is the way to go. It also helps when the razr is 2k cheaper than the rhino. 
qt314nfla

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »

Forgot to add that the razor I was driving, we had water over the front hood and up to the seats and steering wheel and it kept running strong.  If you want to carry beer get a rhino.  If you want to carry less beer and have more fun, get the razor.
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »

We had one in and were able to put 28in mudlite xtr with the itp alloy black and chrome wheels and they fit perfect and look awsome on it!
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

hmmm...

28" tires
hard top w/radio and speakers
GPS
satellite radio
fabricated cooler (to fit small cargo)
new bumper
some lights

and we are ready to roll LOL mans thats a lot of money though.

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 04:07:08 PM »

It also helps when the razr is 2k cheaper than the rhino. 

Where are you getting that figure from? MSRP of a base RZR is $9999, MRSP of the base 660 Rhino is $10,499. Unfortunately the Rhino is the most popular one out there and anything new in the market is compared to it. Truthfully though the RZR is more of a sport side by side and the Rhino is more of a Utility/Sport and then you have the Ranger and Mule which are mainly just Utility. 

Bill

450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 04:13:44 PM »

We have called around to some other dealers and they wanted anywhere from 11k to 11.5k for the rhinos
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »

Ive got 2 -07 rhinos out the door for around $9800. Throw a jeep seat in the back & you got a SUV.. I saw the razors out at RR 2 red ones l;ooked pretty sharp,Not enough storage for me though, you could always fab a small trailer to pull & unhook & have some fun.

I have had my Rhino airborne too. I hit the bumps @ 38 with a big cooler.

450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 04:38:08 PM »

thats a deal for out the door!
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

thats a deal for out the door!

Mine was the same $9790 OTD just have to go to the right dealer. I'm sure it's the same with the Polaris's.

Bill

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

Forgot to add that the razor I was driving, we had water over the front hood and up to the seats and steering wheel and it kept running strong.  If you want to carry beer get a rhino.  If you want to carry less beer and have more fun, get the razor.

So did my JEEP Wink
qt314nfla

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 11:25:02 PM »

So did my JEEP Wink

dayum.  now that's just scary.  you win.  it'd be over the top bars on the razor.  oh well i still had a blast on it. 
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 11:49:57 PM »

I seen a red one @ RR that weekend..small but sweet.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com