Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ocala jeep trails  (Read 2604 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »

Are they any good? Could you fit a wide truck through the trails? Is it muddy or just sandy? Is there any places in florida to bring jeeps?
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:46:03 AM »

Did you get a jeep yet?

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:58:46 AM »

Did you get a jeep yet?

not yet. thats why i'm asking weather or not a full size truck would fit in the trails
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 01:09:48 AM »

Did you get a jeep yet?

not yet. thats why i'm asking weather or not a full size truck would fit in the trails

Gotcha!

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
KB

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »

My '90 full size bronco fits thru fine, my '05 Silverado w/ towing mirrors (retractable/telescopic) go's thru but don't like getting it scratched up.
i would say any 4x4 would go thru them, a JEEP or a Samurai would be perfect.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »

My '90 full size bronco fits thru fine, my '05 Silverado w/ towing mirrors (retractable/telescopic) go's thru but don't like getting it scratched up.
i would say any 4x4 would go thru them, a JEEP or a Samurai would be perfect.

i'm thinking of getting a dakota or a z71. How are the trails? How many miles of trails are there?
KB

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »

Best thing you could do is call the Forestry Office on the corner of S.R. 40 & 315 (just east of silver Springs) & ask them all your questions & ask them to mail you any kind of literature or pamphlets or maps & rules & regulations, if you stop at that office they sell pretty nice maps of ONF w/ ALL the trails & it's a nice place to stop especially if you have kids.

Theres so many miles of trails you'll get lost, buy a GPS from wal mart if you don't have one.

I bought a "DeLorme" name brand atlas map/book of FL. at wal mart near the sporting goods section & it has a lot of jeep trails/back roads & numbered trails on it, some trails are closed to foot traffic only but the numbered trails are open to licensed/tagged bikes & trucks.
But the map they sell at the ranger office is much more detailed, I've never been to that new office, only the old one that was next door to Roger's BBQ which is a very good BBQ restaraunt in the forest next to Newby's gas station on the corner of 40 & 314.

I can't find the phone # for Ocala N.F. but you could call the Osceola N.F. @ 386-752-2577 & they;ll give you the # for Ocala N.F.

The trails are awesome, I havent been in a while but some sugar sand here & there & maybe a little mud hole here & there too,
if you want let some air out of your tires (to like 15 -20 lbs.) & that would help a lot, bring a compressor that plugs into your cigarette lighter to fill them back up when you hit the road again.(a cheap come-a-long could come in use if you decide to get crazy)

Got any more questions PM me & I'll give you my # & answer any questions I can.

Maybe try www.MyFWC.com too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com