Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 250R Build  (Read 17882 times)
xr100racer

« on: September 11, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »

got the frame and a arms back from powder coat today, little lighter than the honda red i think but it looks good. not in a rush on this project, every thing will be going back on slowly and taking my time to build it how i want it, ill post up my progress. motor is a 330 non-pv with trx5 pipe. not sure on carb yet

those are burgard +3+1 a arms and axxis triple rate shocks w/rezzies

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:52:11 PM by JohnF » Logged
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:06:24 AM »

Nice. Some day Im gonna start my own 250r build,,, before they're their too hard too find
 Wink

HONDA CRF450R
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

finnaly... more 250R people!! keep up the good work! if you need anything holler at me... i got the 250R situation down patt!! Wink

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »

Are you staying with the stock swingarm?

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
xr100racer

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »

i have no idea what im doing for a swingarm. i didnt get the one i have powder coated. that would look like crap with red frame, black a arms, and then old silver swinger. its the stock '86 steel swinger. i dont know if the +4 axle i have will work with an aftermarket swinger. and i dont know if i want a longer arm, the motor will have somewhere in the 50's for hp and its a light bike, i might need it but i also like to ride wheelies so idk yet. plus i plan to spray this motor. most likely im going to leave it alone and then once i ride it ill see what i want
deshet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »

finnaly... more 250R people!! keep up the good work! if you need anything holler at me... i got the 250R situation down patt!! Wink
do you still lose parts and say oh well sorry  Shocked
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »

You sure do like Orange gatorade.  Looking good...JohnF...

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
xr100racer

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 02:28:06 PM »

that is actually a variety pack of the Gatorade AM series. flavors come in Orange-Strawberry, Tropical-Mango, and Cran-Rasberry

they are excellent
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »

I bet the Cran Raspberry is Crantastic.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
KB

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »

do you still lose parts and say oh well sorry  Shocked

He does that on purpose, he knows what he's doin, less parts= less weight= put you in the front.
xr100racer

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 02:35:55 PM »

me and my cranmother have crantasys about it
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »

Crant we just get along?

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
ChasC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 01:08:06 AM »

I wish I could have a bike that slow just kidding john looks good we'll race when you get it together
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 09:29:12 AM »

It looks nice. I've never ridden one of those, but I hear a lot of bad azz things about them. I wanted to do the same thing with a Blaster. Maybe I'll look into getting one one day.
  I don't think they'll ever be hard to find. Something that awesome will always be around.
xr100racer

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »

why thank you for the compliment chaz, it shall be a glorious race

Hey Derek330 - looks like you got a 330 too, what size swinger do you think Id want for my bike? just trail riding and messing around, i like to ride wheelies but also want to be able to keep the front end down if im racing somebody. Ive only rode this bike for about 5min since ive had it and it was running like crap with no power, so i dont know what i want. thinking maybe stock length or +2, maybe more idk

i was thinking about having this guy build me one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43974&viewitem=&item=200151796746&_trksid=p3907.m29
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »

john,
      first off, the 88-89 swinger is an inch shorter than the 86-87 swinger.  i ran a -1" 88' arm on my 330 i trail rode. so that would be an -2" for you (87').i would NEVER go longer than stock length unless you are hardcore drag racing!  even with a stock length 87' arm if will be spin happy in the trails and wont hookup very well coming out of corners!  if i were you i would try the stock arm once you get it running right and see what ya think. i hate it!! i would have at least a -1" 87' arm.... we run a -3" 88' arm (-4" 87') on the flattrack with our 350 PV and have no problems once we get moving. its a little tricky off the line but once moving it HOOKS LIKE HELL!! and if your spinin' you aint winnin'....
also, YOU DONT WANT A ROUND TUBE SWINGARM UNLESS YOU ARE DRAGING! they have lots of flex when cornering and makes for a "loose" handling bike which is not a good thing! any 250R axle will work with any swingarm as long as you use a 250R carrier.hope this helps! if you need ANYTHING for your bike are need some GOOD work/mods done let me know.. i am your man!! Cool just ask the flattrack people!! they know whats up..!! Grin  I got the fastest 2 strokes around! Tongue and 10 years+ racing experience..

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
xr100racer

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »

yeah i figured it will spin like crazy with a longer arm, plus less turning radius. i think im gunna ride the stock one for awhile and see how i like it. i think the round tube looks really sick, but yeah i guess not great for trails. the ladder bar design is more money too.

i need to have the case mod done for the pro-x, what is your opinion on not splitting the cases to do this? ive herd mixed results. people on r-central say no way, then people on planetsand say yes way. i can get the case mod done and have my cylinder ported for $350 without splitting the cases. with splitting the cases its gunna be like $450+
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »

me personnaly, i split the cases to machine them. reason being its too hard to keep all the metal out of the bottomend and even if you flush it before reassembly there is still GOT to be some left in there which can ONLY lead to bearing failure!  its pretty much a cut corner and for some people it works.
so who is porting your cylider? you aught to send it to me and let me hook you up! i gurantee you wouldnt be dissapointed! $350 for porting $250 to disassemble engine and machine cases + gaskets!  you know someone that will do it for $100? i would be afraid of that! LOL Cool

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
xr100racer

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 05:40:09 PM »

Planet Sand member: SandTrix will be doing the porting

he is very well known and have herd lots of good things, better than some of the big names like ESR, CT, etc

how much for gaskets? like $30? ill find out how much sandtrix wants just for porting than maybe have you do the case mod
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59:19 PM »

Sweet! Love to see 250R rebuilds. If you have any needs for some parts and stuff, let me know. I have 3-4 parts bikes and hundreds of 250R parts. Also, if you are interested, I have a 380PV ESR motor that Im seriously thinking of selling. Super seriously fast.

Derek is right about the swinger. Just get a 88' or 89' moldel swinger. I might have a couple laying around if you need one. I also have a -2 86' swinger if you need one. There are only a handful of people on this site that can really tell you all the ins and outs of a 250R and how to get serious power out of one without compromising engine reliability. Derek is good. Im good. A few others. Just ask and we will be more than happy to help you get the greatest quad ever manufactured, back together!!!!!! Wink

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
xr100racer

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 12:10:14 AM »

yeah i might be interested in that 380 motor, not right now though im just getting my little 330 together. i just want to get the whole bike back together and running. im also gunna be spraying this motor, if it blows up, it blows up. then i can focus on a big build like yours and not have to worry about getting the rest of the bike together

i acctually just put the stock swinger back on tonight. its powder coated silver and i cleaned it up real good, but nothing else on the bike is gunna be silver so thats kind of stupid. ill see how i like the length and then get a different one and powder coat it black. its the stock '86 so its steel, real heavy

im sure ill need some parts soon, ill let you know. thanks for the help man, good seeing other people with R's
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 08:51:30 PM »

Looking Good!
My 330 had an LSR 86-1" and hooked good. Now Southern pools is running it and Derek can tell you more on how its hooking. lol
Keep us updated with the build.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
xr100racer

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 06:05:01 PM »

should be done by next week, just working on some little stuff right now. seat cover isnt tightened up yet. ill probably get some pics of the motor tommorow, cases are powder coated and the covers and cylinder are polished. not too happy with the polish job though, not as shiny as i wanted it

94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 08:22:07 PM »

Hood Scoop! I heard those motors run hot.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »

Very nice, Are you gonna get new rear plastics?

HONDA CRF450R
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com