Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8St miami riders  (Read 8285 times)
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 08:17:40 PM »

From my understanding, 8th street was NEVER legal.  Just a Huge gray area.  No one lost anything.  I guarantee all the people from Miami will still ride there, it didn't stop them before!

I pay a lot of money on taxes/registration for my 2 ATVs and my trailer.  I feel we should have LEGAL riding spots.  I wouldn't mind if HL had a 'sticker' that you pay say $50 a year for (like other places) and if they actually enforced it.  It would be awesome and it would make a lot of money for the state!!!

The point is 8th street isn't and was never legal.  No one lost anything.  It is just as illegal to ride there now as it was. 
before yes it might have been Illegal but they allowed it now with the signs posted there is no excuse you can be ticketed or arrested and as for those tracks I'm thinking No thanks you have no choices but to do cirlces Rolling on the Floor Laughing I like to ride trails more than anything and I very seldom ride now but I want to have that choice not have to drive 4 hrs. we are I think 3rd in the Nation with registered Orv's but the state with least land to ride legally in acreage Florida picked up over $6 million in reg fee's for the last 4 yrs and you have seen nothing in land accuasitions for the sport were do you think the money has gone?? buy a boat you pay reg fee and have ramps for it, mobilehome reg fee have parks, cars & trucks have roads, ohv in S.Florida nothing

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »

I agree with you Gato.

I think we should have more areas to ride.

But like I said, chrome was a HUGE gray area.  It used to get shut down all the time back in the day.  Now they just made it so there is basically a 'no tress' sign and you CAN get a felony arrest and get your bike impounded now.  It's just leverage...thats all.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »

Like I said, I'll probably get e-jumped for this one, but I stand my ground Wink

LMAO, e-jumped. That is priceless.
I doubt the signs will be long for the 8th st area, but any spot with houses next to it will always be hot with police.

The sheer amount of quads down here, and the lack of land is what is doing us in.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »

There have been a few more dumped there over the last few months.  There was a new one dumped at the Hump a few weeks ago too. 

You know, you could fill a junkyard with all the stolen cars in just c-14 alone. I can't imagine how many are in the rim canal of US-27, but considering a 53' truck and trailer sat in it with a driver for three months undetected I bet you could stack them and nearly reach the moon.

Many Many years ago, My Brother and I got a 28ft Midnight Express hull that was dumped on the Bird Road side enterance.
the floors were cut open, I imagine to remove the drugs or cubans and the motors were missing.  Other than that it was in perfect shape.

We had it registered as a home built title, fixed it up a bit and sold it.

JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:11 AM »

There have been a few more dumped there over the last few months.  There was a new one dumped at the Hump a few weeks ago too. 

You know, you could fill a junkyard with all the stolen cars in just c-14 alone. I can't imagine how many are in the rim canal of US-27, but considering a 53' truck and trailer sat in it with a driver for three months undetected I bet you could stack them and nearly reach the moon.

Many Many years ago, My Brother and I got a 28ft Midnight Express hull that was dumped on the Bird Road side enterance.
the floors were cut open, I imagine to remove the drugs or cubans and the motors were missing.  Other than that it was in perfect shape.

We had it registered as a home built title, fixed it up a bit and sold it.

Last time I was there a pretty good looking hull still with the SB Chevy Mercruiser inboard was sitting by the lake, I seriously considered going and pulling it for my buggy...

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
rdm225

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »

I know its a pain is the arse for reg fees and the orv permit but what about the good old big cypress when water levels are down out there 
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »

I know its a pain is the arse for reg fees and the orv permit but what about the good old big cypress when water levels are down out there 

That is certainly a fun place to ride, but it ain't no 8th st!

foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »

I agree with you Jack,
Muddin's one thing , ridin in the cypress is another. Nothing like having a place with no restrictions , like 8 st or the bad luck prairie before the communist kicked people out.
I like the freedom of ridin where i want with out the restraints of a trail system .
I feel sorry for the next generation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:26:18 PM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 07:32:32 PM »

I agree with you Jack,
Muddin's one thing , ridin in the cypress is another. Nothing like having a place with no restrictions , like 8 st or the bad luck prairie before the communist kicked people out.
I like the freedom of ridin where i want with out the restraints of a trail system .
dont feel sorry make a stand with us when it goes down we need all the heads out there we can get we got media and papers coming out we are just ironing out on a date

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:44 PM »

I agree with you Jack,
dont feel sorry make a stand with us when it goes down we need all the heads out there we can get we got media and papers coming out we are just ironing out on a date

I'm with you 100%, but I also feel sorry for the future generations here as well.
It is impossible to ever have it like it was again, the best we can hope for is somewhere semi decent to stay legal.

Palmettobay_recon

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »

Whenever the meeting is if there is one I will be there.  8st has been ridden for generations and I do not think it should be stopped.  Most of the dumped garbage out there is not atvers.  I ride there nearly every weekend it is an amazing place to ride, we bring the whole family bbq even my 15 month old niece gets in on the fun.  It would be a damn shame if they shut it down for good.  I don't see the point in shutting it down it has been the way it is for decades before the houses and everything was out there so if the occupants of the houses are complaining IMO it's their fault.  I feel we should talk to miccosukee they own many acres of swamp land and I would bet if they found out they could make money off a riding park they would open one...just a thought.

R.I.P. Jeffery Raye Enriquez  9-10-93/ 5-8-09

2006 Arctic Cat 500 Manual- 28" EDL's, MSA torx, HMF, dyno jets, snorkles...blah blah
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com