Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATVs back by popular demand at Moroso Motocross.  (Read 8597 times)
Moroso

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »

ATVs back by popular demand at Moroso Motocross.

Moroso Motorsports Park is bringing ATVs back to Moroso Motocross.  Recent events combined with the volume of requests to our facility uncovered a need for All Terrain Vehicle riders to have a safe and secure venue to come and enjoy their vehicles.
      Moroso Motocross is a modern MX facility that has proven popular with riders of all ages and abilities.  Now ATV riders can take advantage of the same exciting track, knowledgeable staff and professional safety crew.
     Moroso Motocross will be open to ATVs on Sundays from 3 to 5 pm.  As more ATV riders take advantage of our facility Moroso Motorsports Park will add more hours and dates to handle the demand.
     The cost to ride your ATV at Moroso Motorsports Park will be $20 for Moroso MX members and $25 for non-members.  Spectators are just $5 and children 11 and under are free.
     For more information please go to our website www.morosomotorsportspark.com or call (561) 622-1400
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »

$25 for 2 hours.................thanks but no thanks

Good luck with the 2 hour idea.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:29:10 PM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »

Moroso Motocross will be open to ATVs on Sundays from 3 to 5 pm.
     The cost to ride your ATV at Moroso Motorsports Park will be $20 for Moroso MX members and $25 for non-members.

Does that come with a meal or something?Huh

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
Moroso

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 03:58:41 PM »

$25 for 2 hours.................thanks but no thanks

Good luck with the 2 hour idea.
When Moroso ran ATVs before they were lucky if they got 5 or 6 to show up.  Then they were lucky to get 30 mins of track time between Motocross sessions.
This way you get 2 hours of Track time guaranteed!
Jumbo069

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:33:43 PM »

This is a ripoff if Ive ever seen one Angry, to ride for 2hrs you pay $25.00!!! you can go to underhills/l-cross/mudfest for a weekend and ride for less and you don't have to put up with b/s from the staff.
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:44:13 PM »

i'am happy  that  you guys are going to allowed quads  back at  the track !  you have  a great facility  and  i love the track   but   25$  for two hours  is crazy !!!  its ussually  myself  and my son . so  for 50$  i think  i will continue  to take  the trip to seminole tribe . even though  its 1hour plus  of driving   its  worth it  for the whole day !!!!!  you will have to adjust your  prices  a bit  if you want to attract  quads ..  just my 2 cents

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
ebtrx450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 05:57:45 PM »

Why not run them with the dirtbikes of the appropriate classes? I've been to many of tracks that do this.  I think the $25 for 2hrs is turning more away than your gaining....  Undecided
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 06:35:42 PM »

Insert Quote
Why not run them with the dirtbikes of the appropriate classes? I've been to many of tracks that do this.  I think the $25 for 2hrs is turning more away ===ebtrx450r

i think he is right. if you allow quads to run all day by breaking everyone into class that would be better. 25$ for 2 garranteed hous is alot. nobody i know is going to run on a trak for 2 hours all at the same time. but if it was split up into 20-25min classes, everybody would gain and be fresh for the next ride. if there are no quads or only a few then run them with the intermediate class(b,c, or just big bikes) so no-one gets hurt!

thanks for trying Moroso, but you are gonna have to do better than that to get quads back and re-establish your reputation. as of now everyone thinks you are a quad hating trak!!! good luck!
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »

You guy's got it good, when we raced in the FTR, we had to drive 5 hours to the race, pay 40.00 per class and only got 2hrs. on course.

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

You guy's got it good, when we raced in the FTR, we had to drive 5 hours to the race, pay 40.00 per class and only got 2hrs. on course.

That's racin. This isn't. There is a difference.

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:00:48 PM »

Sorry, thought it was a race weekend.

paul450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »

Moroso Motocross will be open to ATVs on Sundays from 3 to 5 pm.
     The cost to ride your ATV at Moroso Motorsports Park will be $20 for Moroso MX members and $25 for non-members.

Does that come with a meal or something?Huh

make it 4 hours and upgrade mine to super size..
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 10:40:24 PM »

I ride with a couple of other guys with quads and have been looking for another track. but to take a 1 1/2hr drive and pay $25 for only 2hrs is a bit much. We don't run 2hrs strait more like break it down over 4 -5hrs. The $25 is not the problem it's the 2hrs. Since its only one day it should be all day in a class with with bigger bikes. if not that many ATVs go then there really shouldn't be a problem. Hope this does work out it would be nice to have another good place to ride.

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »

Im always racing when i ride so there is no difference.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 08:18:16 AM »

Im always racing when i ride so there is no difference.

Yea racin to try to keep us in sight.

KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 08:27:26 AM »

hahaha  Cheesy

HONDA CRF450R
Moroso

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »

Why not run them with the dirtbikes of the appropriate classes? I've been to many of tracks that do this.  I think the $25 for 2hrs is turning more away than your gaining....  Undecided
Moroso use to let ATVs run with the MXers.
    They stopped for a few reasons.  First hardly any ATVs were showing up, everyone was getting less track time and then there was the issue with Track wear.  You all know the issue of MXers Vs. ATV riders and how they wear the track differently.  This way the MX riders can have the track then the ATV riders have their time.  That way Moroso has all week to prep the track again for the Motocross guys.

The #1 complaint of the ATVers is that there is no place to ride. What Moroso is doing is giving the ATV community a chance to develop a new venue.  I can guarantee that if people start showing up Moroso will add more hours and days.
   So here is your chance to help a create a new place to ride.  I will be at Moroso on Sunday.  My name is Tony.  Ask for me.  I will be glad to talk with all of you and discuss how we can make Moroso a place for ATVers.
FWIW.  I am a Rally Racer but I am seriously looking at buying an ATV to have some fun at Moroso!  What can I say?  It is either 4 wheels or Nothing.
lawn_man mx
Supreme Member

dont forget your wings! sky is the limit!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 09:48:16 AM »

i dont  think  annybody  would oppose  to paying the fee if  we got  abit more time !!! common  tony  throw us  a bone  here!! why  would we show  to ride for two hours only    on a track that's been  rutted out by the bikes all day long.      you want  a positive  turn out  then make it fair !!

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

If you had a XC course I think it would attract a lot more riders then the MX track does. There are a lot of XC racer in the area that have no place to practice. One 7 to 10 mile loop would be perfect. I know a bunch of riders that would be there on almost every weekend.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:32:21 AM by TRX450R_Racer » Logged

shortcut

Yaba.....Daba.. ....do.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 12:39:03 PM »

If you had a XC course I think it would attract a lot more riders then the MX track does. There are a lot of XC racer in the area that have no place to practice. One 7 to 10 mile loop would be perfect. I know a bunch of riders that would be there on almost every weekend.

I think your on to something  Grin

Moroso

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 01:09:24 PM »

That would be great but Moroso has no where near that much room for that.
ebtrx450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

Moroso use to let ATVs run with the MXers.
    They stopped for a few reasons.  First hardly any ATVs were showing up, everyone was getting less track time and then there was the issue with Track wear.  You all know the issue of MXers Vs. ATV riders and how they wear the track differently.  This way the MX riders can have the track then the ATV riders have their time.  That way Moroso has all week to prep the track again for the Motocross guys.

I think we may be on a different page here. If you run quads with the "big bikes" or separate them into appropriate classes with the dirtbikes (A,B,and C classes) it wouldn't matter if one quad showed up! You wouldn't be getting any less track time. I may be wrong but my assumption is that you might need to "till" your track so it doesn't take a week to prep the track and your track might not wear as differently. I have been to many tracks that make this idea work. Come to think of it I only know of two tracks that don't do this. One I don't ride at anymore. And the other is..... Wink Good luck and I hope you can come to a profitable solution for everyone.
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »

Tony we need some trails to ride on NOT everyone on a atv dose MX theres alot of atver that ride trail and some ride mud. 25.00 for only 2 hours is kinda heavy so till you can help us good luck to moroso we wont be there
paul450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »

there is at least 60+ ATV riders who race XC that live around palm beach county and that's just the people who race not the weekender who goes to the woods to ride with those the number would prob. triple.  look at how many people use to ride at the seminole woods section before they closed it down for widening the canals and building some bridges.  and to add a mud hole there would be alot of money to be made if someone would open up a place like that.  that's not over 2+ hours to rode trip to get there...
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 10:54:42 PM »

Back in the 70's and 80's I used to ride all over around there in the woods. It was always wet. I was on my Honda 110 3 wheeler and it was always wet. The land Moroso has does not have any place for a woods trail. If they did it would be a wet one most of the time.
I'll be at that other track down South tomorrow if anyone wants to meet me bright and early. We'll be riding all day.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com