Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skipping School  (Read 8330 times)
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2007, 07:17:32 AM »

is not a bad thing. Wink

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »

my mom used to call in for me and my friends. she would pretend to be their moms too. then she would take us to the beach so we could surf all day. those were the days.

p.s. surfing does not pay my bills! Sad
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »

Lol, my mom has a different approach.  She will say its ok if I want to stay home for a day, but then will  guilt you into it by saying something like "I just wish I had a son more dedicated to school" and walk away. Nerd

But today isn't one of those days since shes not home ;]  Only person home is my sister and shes asleep, I will be long gone by the time she wakes up.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:44:36 AM »

MOM MODE:
Watch how many days you skip because they can hold you back for too many absences.  Lecture
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »

MOM MODE II:

The better you do now, the easier you life will be went you get out of school.....  Gosh, to be back in school, I would give alot, those were the fun days, just didn't know it then....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 08:47:19 AM »

we used to skip and go to croom atleast once a year, we would just leave school when we got there and go get our rides from the house, my dad had not left yet and id usually park the truck at the end of our driveway and walk up to the garage and ride it down there onto the trailer so as im walkin up hes gettin in his truck to leave luckily he didnt see me so i bucked ran to the truck and hauled ass outta the unnoticed talk about me bout gettin my azz kicked, man high school was a blast im very thankful i didnt get expelled or arrested for some of the stuff we used to pull off
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »

Do they still have the automated computer that calls home at the same time every day if you skip?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »

yeah my lil brother swears he doesnt skip like he used to but that thing calls the house everyday
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 08:59:40 AM »

MOM MODE:
Watch how many days you skip because they can hold you back for too many absences.  Lecture

I think its 9 or more unexcuses absences.  If you bring in a note, its excused and it won't count against you.  I usually just right one and make it look like my mom did ;]

Do they still have the automated computer that calls home at the same time every day if you skip?

Oh yeah, they definitely do.  I just take the phone off the hook in my room for the night.  The next day everyone is asking my mom why the line was busy busy busy haha.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »

LMAO, that thing was funny. I remember when they put it in and started using it. Back when i was in school, you served one hour detention and got credit for two hours. On Saturday you could serve six to get twelve, life was good at the beach or McNab mud hole most every day.

From what I understand now, seven total unexcused absences gets you a N and you are held back because of it, I thought that would be the end of skipping school. I guess you guys these days really need to make the most of your days off..LMAO, Ferris Buehler knew what was up.

BTW: Stay in school. It sucks out in the real world.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
KB

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:48:12 AM »

is not a bad thing. Wink

I use to skip school, started w/ just 1 class then another then another, then started skippin days, 1 & then another & then another,
untill my dean pulled me into her office & said "just don't come back" I said cool.

But I regret it now,SCHOOL IS COOL, stay in it, it seems like a long time now but it will be over so fast you'll wonder what happened.

I know you tired of hearing it because I remember how it was, you need that diploma, walking across that stage to get it is something you gotta do.

If anything try to get O.J.T. if they still have that.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »

im home schooled so i get to stay home all day every day!!! it rocks. yall should give it a try.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »

im home schooled so i get to stay home all day every day!!! it rocks. yall should give it a try.

I would hate to be home schooled.  High school is an awesome experience, its just that a day off when your not supposed to have a day off, is very nice Cheesy

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 01:01:20 PM »

FREAKING SWEET MAN!!!!!!!!

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 01:21:40 PM »

I'm going to go out job hunting right now.  Sounds like the good and responsible thing to do right?  Lol, not when you only have a permit. Grin

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »

OH MAN YOU GUYS ARE REBELS! OUT OF CONTROL MANIACS! WOOOOOHOOOO!

Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 01:31:17 PM »

OH MAN YOU GUYS ARE REBELS! OUT OF CONTROL MANIACS! WOOOOOHOOOO!

STEER Clear of these Bad Boys....DUDE

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 02:08:33 PM »

if the youth of today is the future of our nation ....we are in trouble

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »

Lol @ sarcasm.  I skipped by myself, not with anyone else.  See if it was a group skipping then I wouldn't be doing stuff like job hunting and whatnot.  I just got back from Sweetbay and passed my school bus, driver saw me Huh.  I remember back in middle school when the same thing happened except it wasn't a bus driver, and I got written up for it Sad  Hopefully that won't happen again.

You say that yet, you gave us Global Warming.  Go figure.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »

I was just pointing out how crazy you guys are. Seriously, it's insane. your probably the only kids to ever do it. And Geeze! I cant imagine what the bus driver will think of you now that your out of school. You might get detention AND they'll call your parents!

Hard fuking core.

Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

I was just pointing out how crazy you guys are. Seriously, it's insane. your probably the only kids to ever do it. And Geeze! I cant imagine what the bus driver will think of you now that your out of school. You might get detention AND they'll call your parents!

Hard fuking core.

Why are you making it plural?  You say guys, I'm one person.  Count it, 1.  And yeah if anyone that works for the school sees you outside of school on a school day, can write you up for skipping.  When I was in 8th grade a teacher saw me outside of school and when I came back I got 3days ISS Angry

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 03:58:49 PM »

Lol @ sarcasm.  I skipped by myself, not with anyone else.  See if it was a group skipping then I wouldn't be doing stuff like job hunting and whatnot.  I just got back from Sweetbay and passed my school bus, driver saw me Huh.  I remember back in middle school when the same thing happened except it wasn't a bus driver, and I got written up for it Sad  Hopefully that won't happen again.

You say that yet, you gave us Global Warming.  Go figure.

We made global warming and Al Gore invented the internet  Roll Eyes

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »

funny how the kids that are in school would give anything to be grown and done with it, and the adults who have to pay bills would give anything to go back in years and go to school.  Tongue

I had a lot less back pain and tax problems back then.  Huh

Skipping was fun back in the day as long as it is done with some moderation. LOL

Cjt
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »

my english teacher had the right idea. his class was my 7th period class and i had 8th period off during my senior year. so if i could get 90 or better on his tests he'd let me leave early so i could get to the beach by 1:30. surfing was life in highschool. i lived about 5-6 miles from the beach my whole life. when i sit on my surfboard now i need a periscope to see the waves.
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »

Yup I skipped yesterday.Stayed in school till 4 period then booked it home...Im not going to skip no more this year I set a goal to actually get As,Bs and Cs this year in school and not go to summer school.I wanna be proud of myself by graduating and going to college.Dad gave me one of his speeches after we talked about my banshees motor.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com