Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All American Powder Coating in Tampa - Over Priced AND Unfriendly!  (Read 6767 times)
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »

If you like high prices and overall unfriendliness, go to All American Powder Coating in Tampa located on Bearss Ave. They'll greet you with an insipid glare before they tell you their high prices. If you're lucky, you can get your invoice ripped up and thrown in the trash after you tell them you are going to shop around as the owner storms out of the room. Then the secretary can pretend to work as she occasionally glances up at you while you gather your parts and make an exit.

You know what? You can charge any price you want and treat your customers any way you want. It is a free market. But to me, its more All American to go somewhere else where I feel appreciated as a customer. High prices don't always get to me, but poor customer service with that combined, just gets my blood a boilin'. There's always another place to go.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 08:01:42 AM »

I had a Honda ST90 (small motorcycle) frame, fenders, handlebars, engine guard and muffler heat shield done at All American for $175. It was an orange metal flake. That included the sand blasting. That seemed like a very good deal at the time (I think it was 6 months ago). The problem with All American is if you happen to go in when the owner is in a bad mood, which is most of the time, you'll get stiffed.

The price would also be dependant on what color you wanted. Translucents and candies cost more because it takes more time and powder to do it. Sand blasting a quad frame would also take more time than motorcycle frame as there is more tubing in most cases. So I think the price your paying seems fair. Turn around time is also important. You should have your frame back in more than 7 days.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:48:06 PM »

86 250r frame, pro peg mounts, 4 motor mounts basic red and I sand blasted it = $350 @ Mario's Metal Craft of Naples 4 day turn around.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
jujulo700R

When my clutch pops, my front wheels will hop!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 12:12:26 AM »

If you like high prices and overall unfriendliness, go to All American Powder Coating in Tampa located on Bearss Ave. They'll greet you with an insipid glare before they tell you their high prices. If you're lucky, you can get your invoice ripped up and thrown in the trash after you tell them you are going to shop around as the owner storms out of the room. Then the secretary can pretend to work as she occasionally glances up at you while you gather your parts and make an exit.

You know what? You can charge any price you want and treat your customers any way you want. It is a free market. But to me, its more All American to go somewhere else where I feel appreciated as a customer. High prices don't always get to me, but poor customer service with that combined, just gets my blood a boilin'. There's always another place to go.

Yeah I had a buddy that took his parts there. He said the same thing about the unfriendly attitude. They also told him that his parts would be ready in a week. Three weeks later they finally finished the job and the paint job showed a lot of imperfections in it. There would be no way I would have taken those parts back after waiting three weeks and seeing those blemishes in the paint job. My buddy was just so ticked off that he didn't want to deal with them at all so he just dealt with it.

Just a little fast and just a little furious.
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 06:32:10 AM »

I agree sometimes their prices are all over the board. but I have drapped of frames and they called me the next day and it was ready (twice) you just have to hagle to price with the guy. I had one frame I dropped off and they called my in a hour and told me they just blasted it and found some cracks in the frame.. I picked it up (no charge) welded it up and I brought it back.... sometimes i think its hit or miss.

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
FLA.SHEE

lil' ol' YFZ 350R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:31:08 PM »

it wasn't yellow was it Huh  ...i was planning on using them ...good info Thumbs Up
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 06:07:19 AM »

It wasnt a shee frame, those are too easy to find without having to weld it up....

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com