Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: treestand question  (Read 4731 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »

does anyone know if it is legal to leave a treestand on a WMA or anywhere you have permission to hunt for a few days or even til the end of hunting season? i dont want to leave it there and have a FWC officer take it.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:05:15 AM »

www.google.com

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
qt314nfla

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:31 AM »

sorry fox i couldn't tell you.  the only properties that i hunt, i have leases or deeds to. so there are permanent stands on them.  you might consider asking wilburz though.  i think he hunts those areas.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:07 AM »

i looked all over the fwc website and couldnt find anything about it. there were 600 q&a that i looked through too. i emailed them but who knows if they will reply or not. i just thought someone here would know. maybe a FWC officer comes on the site. they could help.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:48 AM »

sorry fox i couldn't tell you.  the only properties that i have leases or deeds to there are permanent stands on.  you might consider asking wilburz though.  i think he hunts those areas.

ok, thanks. at least someone on here isnt a smart @$$.
Bounty1

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »

Yes you can leave them out. I leave my steel ones out to the end of the season and then take them down. There can be no permanent structures put up.

www.floridabash.com

Debate Bounty
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:09:43 AM »

Yes you can leave them out. I leave my steel ones out to the end of the season and then take them down. There can be no permanent structures put up.

www.floridabash.com

Debate Bounty

thankyou.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »

sorry fox i couldn't tell you.  the only properties that i have leases or deeds to there are permanent stands on.  you might consider asking wilburz though.  i think he hunts those areas.

Just trying to teach you to fish brother. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Bounty1

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 12:15:43 AM »

Read the brochure I put up on the site. This is standard for most areas, under wma rules. Make sure you chain them down. People do like to steal them.

http://davie.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=20
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 01:31:46 AM »

Just trying to teach you to fish brother. Wink

i really dont think that google is gonna help find the florida laws it floridas site dont have them easy to find.

bounty, i saw the camping stuff part of that brochure. is a treestand considered a camping equipment?
Bounty1

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:54 AM »

Hey Fox I have never had a problem with a treestand left in place during hunting season. Here is all the forestry says about it. I know FWC only cares about theses two for sure.

5. Construction of permanent or semipermanent structures is prohibited.

4. Driving a metal object into any tree, or hunting from a tree into which a metal object has been driven, is prohibited

www.Floridabash.com
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 06:25:04 AM »

Babbcock/Webb WMA lets us put up tree stands and keep up for the Quota Hunt but must come down at the end of the quota hunt.

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
RTN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 06:41:19 AM »

You can leave them during the hunt or all season for that matter. Set it up where it isn't easily seen and camo it then lock it. There are those that WILL steal it.

Just remember....it's public land. Placing a stand in an area does not "reserve" that area for you. I use good hunter edicit and avoid areas that have stands being used. There are some jackasses that will leave stands in year round and think it "reserves" those spots for them. It doesn't
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 07:47:44 AM »

You can leave them during the hunt or all season for that matter. Set it up where it isn't easily seen and camo it then lock it. There are those that WILL steal it.

Just remember....it's public land. Placing a stand in an area does not "reserve" that area for you. I use good hunter edicit and avoid areas that have stands being used. There are some jackasses that will leave stands in year round and think it "reserves" those spots for them. It doesn't

he is correct my friend, also these guys thta think they have reserved their spot by leaving stands in, also are pretty much known for cutting out stands close to them.   when it comes to hunting on land that is public i'd advise you to find a tree and figure which direction your gonna put your stand. then walk that direction a couple hundred yards to make sure your not shooting at another stand.  this isnt such a big deal during bow season since arrows dont go as far, but in general gun it could help avoid unwanted problems..

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »

The other option is a good quality climbing stand.  That way, you can scout several areas and hunt them at will.  I've taken many deer from a climbing stand and mine is comfortable enough that I've fallen asleep in it before (not really an advisable thing to do, though.  Waking up can be hazardous   Shocked).

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Bounty1

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »

I have a tree lounger with about 7 tree stands. That tree lounger is so comfortable you can stay up all day.

www.floridabash.com   

I f you guys want to You can show off your deer at www.floridabash.com.  I have a couple I got last year on kill pictures in the hunting forum. I would love to see what you all have.

Bash stands for---Boating--ATV--Scuba--Hunting 

I really do like these kinds of talks we have about hunting--Very informative-- Thanks Raymond
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »

The other option is a good quality climbing stand.  That way, you can scout several areas and hunt them at will.  I've taken many deer from a climbing stand and mine is comfortable enough that I've fallen asleep in it before (not really an advisable thing to do, though.  Waking up can be hazardous   Shocked).

how do them things work? you sit in them and climb up the tree right? are they easy to put up? and quiet?

i know. i am not gonna leave it up al season cause ill move it around probably to different places. ill probably end up just putting it up for a few days at a time and camping out there then take it back with me.

Bounty1

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 01:22:36 PM »

how do them things work? you sit in them and climb up the tree right? are they easy to put up? and quiet?

i know. i am not gonna leave it up al season cause ill move it around probably to different places. ill probably end up just putting it up for a few days at a time and camping out there then take it back with me.

They are very easy IMO--It takes a little longer once you get out in the woods. Like he said find a good quality tree climber.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com