Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okeechobee Mudfest  (Read 23568 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2007, 05:15:06 PM »

Who went to mudfest so far this weekend?  Post up!  The wife and I are thinking of running up there tomorrow but don't want to waste the time if it isn't worth it.  Might go to Suburban instead.  I'm on my way to the game so I'll check back in a few hours.  Go 'Fins!!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:57:34 AM »

WAAAAAAAAY to many people, very unsafe.

07 Camo BRUTE FORCE 750, bi/tri claws on itp ss106's

00 trx 300 25'' bugs sittin on c series 4
wheels, audio pipe, snorkeled airbox and lines

99 foreman 450.SOLD!!!finally!!!
neysnumber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »

way to many people to be dealing with. i had a great time but the maniac driving to get to the other side was crazy. does anyone know why the helicopter landed 3 times? i know someone was air lifted, i seen them load somebody. hopefully nothing to serious.
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »

Yeah at LEAST 3 people got tooken out by the copter and there was also more people taken out by the ambulense (sp?)

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 04:15:01 PM »

way to many people to be dealing with. i had a great time but the maniac driving to get to the other side was crazy. does anyone know why the helicopter landed 3 times? i know someone was air lifted, i seen them load somebody. hopefully nothing to serious.

Serious is why the helicopter comes. Those Drunkfests are nothing but an accident waiting to happen.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 04:15:25 PM »

way too many people...but I still had fun.

Organization was really really really really bad!!!

I got there aobut 10am on fri.  We set up camp and started riding.  I had a path pounded out for us to go to the mudhole, a straight shot.  So some guys decided to park their two buggies in front of it, to block it from atv's going in and out.  He said he it was 'his camp' and he didn't want anyone romping through it.  Needless to say, we exchanged words and he put another truck in front of the buggies.

I got yelled at by security about 10x, cops yelled at me 3x.  They tried to ID me about 5-10 times.  Who the hell carries an ID with them when they are at a mudhole? I wasn't even drinking when they tried to ID me either!!! Anyways, security is a bunch of wannabe macho rent a cops that need to straighten up.  I'm tired of being harrassed for driving through a freaking mudhole.  Security was a joke their.  They were so worried about trying to catch underage drinkers that they didn't organize the event at all!!!

There should be a truck/buggy hole and an ATV hole.  CLEAR seperation between the two.  There should be parking for the two, screw the day parking!!

Don't get me wrong, awesome turnout, awesome event, etc, but I'm really pissed how they ran the show over there.  The cops should have just went up and down the camps to catch underage drinkers instead of sit out at the mudhole.  The security needs to lay off their high chair, they are nothing.  I got in a couple arguments with security who 'threatened' to make us pack up.  I think it's rediculous that they want to hassle me when I haven't been drinking and I didn't even have a beer in my hand. 

Meanwhile there are 15 year olds drinking beer in the middle of the mudhole on buggies and atv's that don't get messed with...go figure.  I guess you can't drive around the parking lot...

Then security came around to the camps on fri night and asked if we were drinking...duuuhhhh, it's a mudhole, what do you think we are drinking?

My neighbor was out on the buggy and he is about 30.  The security stopped him because he was drinking a beer, they called for the officers, asked for his ID.  He said the same thing as me...who the hell brings their ID to a mudhole, you know you are going to get muddy.  So the officer asked him if he had it back at camp or in his truck...of course he said yes.  The officer followed him back to camp to get his ID...thats a little rediculous.  He looked about 30 (my neighbor) and he was DEFINETLY well of legal drinking age.  The lazy officers could have just called dispatch and ran a name and DOB and got the info they wanted...they could even do it by social!!!

Ahhhh, I'm so pissed at how it was ran, but I'll definetly be up there in Feb.  I just wish they would do things better and make it sepearte for ATV's/Buggies.  I almost got ran over about 10x.  Then when we were in the jeep, people just cut out in front of you and slam on their brakes on their atv's.  We were in a jeep that was overheating with barely any brakes and these atv'ers were cutting out in front of us and slamming on their brakes...no wonder why there were so many accidents.

I can definetly say I was cutting in front of buggies/trucks, but I wasn't slamming hte brakes, I was weaving in and out and hitting the gas Smiley 

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
jimmyt14

My brute will woop u!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »

It was very dissorganized.I've already made up my mind on not coming back with my 4wheelers, i'm just gonna go out on our buggy.MUCH SAFFER!!!!
I remember last August was  GREAT not too many people plenty of room, but this one was just tooooo crazy.

k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »

its much funner when you are with people with their own equipment lol

since they are drunk they usually let us beat the hell outta their already beat up quads

my friend was with his dad in their big ole mud truck, some toyota got stuck and got set up to get pulled out...well in his drunken haze he just hooked it right up under the bed and they ended up pulling the bed off lol

so you can drink in drive in mudholes? that doesnt make much sense
KB

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »

since they are drunk they usually let us beat the hell outta their already beat up quads
my friend was with his dad in their big ole mud truck, some toyota got stuck and got set up to get pulled out...well in his drunken haze he just hooked it right up under the bed and they ended up pulling the bed off lol

Reminds of a year at 98 Rock Livestock when a old '60 somethin white, Chevy 4X4, (w/air brush faces or whatever you call them) was stuck & somebody hooked the strap up to his tie rods & hanked them apart, he was stuck there untill a friend drove to St Pete.(6 hrs. on a weekend) to get him parts.
That was the year it rained really bad & everybody got stuck out there 'till days later, I remember a news reporter intervieving a local & he said " If you come to"crystal springs without a four wheel drive ,then you shouldn't a come to crystal sprinngs".

It was just that final stretch to get you thru it, seen plenty of 2x4's gettin thru it but people in there U Hauls was making me laugh.
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 05:47:03 PM »

no thanks I will NEVER go to drunkfest even if they pay me them people are out of control  Drink  Spit Toast
Ynot0323
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »

I have never been to one of these events, and NEVER will go.. I like riding in groups, but not like this..

It aint worth the drive from Miami, to waste all my fuel driving there, pay all that $$ to get in and have people harass you... SCREW THAT ...

This is all the more reason i want to go check out Underhill in Indiantown, i know they dont allow any of this non-sense , and it only cost about $10-15 to get in for the day..Which is all i would stay.. Some people dont have the luxury of taking 3 days off work...

tony Grin
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 06:28:14 PM »

To bad for you guys because I had a blast. I was able to get around all the traffic, it just required getting a little dirty.

I have a feeling they will add more property next time. I can't see then doing it again with that many people on 250 acres of land.

But for your information, one of the helicopter was for an idiot that didn't have his tow point attatched right. A hook flew off, went threw a back window, hit some chick, and then went out the windshield.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
qt314nfla

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 06:50:27 PM »

Had an absolute blast.  The dirty girls are a blast is all I've got to say!  Great ppl!  Y'all definately know how to have a good time.  Great meeting everyone out there.  Ran into all kinds of ppl I knew from the ranch and from other mudding events a couple years ago.

Security was a pain.  I was over by the bon fire last night and they were walking around carding ppl.  I'm 36 and was 100 feet from my camp but didn't have my ID on me.  They made me pour out the beverage and go back to my camp for my ID then were gone when I came back.  Oh well.  It was crowded and ya definately have to stay on your toes moving around there.

Still it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time!
dirty1

Im in it for the RIDE.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »

well it was awsome.  most of the bikes need to learn to look out especialy when bikes are cutting through big trucks that cant see them. we had bikes and trucks in our group so im not gonna favor one over the other, but it would help if the bikes didnttry to cut in and out of all the trucks.....  as far as the comment about two seperate muddholes , yes they should divide ti next time. i heard last night a girl feel in the bed of a truck that hit a hole and broke her neck on the tailgate.  here are some of the toys we had out..

* IMG_2511 (Medium).JPG (81.72 KB, 800x533 - viewed 1316 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:03:29 AM by Moose » Logged

foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000
grizzlyranger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »

i went to mudfest got there friday morning and was glad i did it would have ruin my weekend to sit in line on sat or friday night.  It was my first time goin i have to say i agree with everyone that it was very disorganized and after sat morning my quad didnt move to much, but i really wasnt planning to ride in pit to much after friday anyway but i couldnt even drive the quad to get to the mudhole to watch the trucks half the time.  After that being said i still had the best time ever i meet bunch of new friends and made better ones with the ones i meet before and would never trade it for the world.  im goin back in feb. 

mine 07 green grizz 660 snorkeled tranny, winch, reverse limiter bypass, and 27 inch mudlites
dads 06 camo eiger fully snorkeled
http://floridaatv.com/
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »

Let see more pic's of mudfest

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
qt314nfla

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:31 PM »

Here's me trying to balance and keep from falling off my buddies jeep.

* 072 (Small).JPG (51.69 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1265 times.)
qt314nfla

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »

My crew by the mudhole on Saturday

* 019 (Small) (2).JPG (43.91 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1266 times.)
qt314nfla

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »

DD's on 30's wanted a Dan Sammich.

* 3 (Small).jpg (39.47 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1116 times.)
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 09:21:52 PM »

didnt we have a topic about the tow strap thing? if only people read that we wouldve saved someone a trip to the hospital...
qt314nfla

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 09:22:10 PM »

The girls, well some of them.  Where are the rest of the dirty girls?

* 036 (Small).JPG (53.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 4111 times.)
qt314nfla

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 09:26:38 PM »

My friends Dan, Dora and me.

* 049 (Small).JPG (63.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1273 times.)
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »

We ended up going to Suburban which was a good idea.  I think everybody was at Mudfest.  There was only about a dozen rigs at the parking area and we only ran across a few other people all day.  The sky was cloudy, there was a cool breeze from a nearby thunderstorm.  Best time I've ever had there.  I think maybe I'll go to Mudfest in February and only take the big truck; leave the ATVs at home.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2007, 10:00:01 PM »

QT looks like you had fun, thanks for the pic's.
Anyone else have pic's.

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
qt314nfla

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »

QT looks like you had fun, thanks for the pic's.
Anyone else have pic's.

i'm waiting for the rest of the pics from everyone on myspace.  i'll post them as i get them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com