Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV  (Read 302318 times)
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: December 21, 2004, 06:19:26 PM »

Hey everyone, remember me  Roll Eyes

This will be the first time I get to ride my quad again. I cant wait for the day to get here.

See ya there !!!!!

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
jaxraptor

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2004, 07:51:01 PM »

grizz, count my son (crf150) and myself in (raptor 660)

jeff
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: December 22, 2004, 05:14:29 AM »

are we there yet?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: December 22, 2004, 08:47:55 AM »

think safe! I think we need to set up different groups and spread the groups, 4 groups of 50 or 8 groups of 25 ? in each group you have a leader, rider with GPS and one guard at the end. the guy at the end will keep any other riders from moving up the line. we can keep a distance of 50 yard between groups. the leaders and the end guards can talk to each other by 2 ways radios. I will supply the 2 way radios from by rental stock. Motorola SP 50 talking distance of 5 miles with no problem. Just idea !

i like the idea but the fact is there will end up being hundreds of yards between some of the riders in the groups much less the spacing between the groups. its happened every time for the last 4 years. lets give it a try. i will lead on group to the 88 store. is anyone else down to lead a group? now, not everyone may be down to ride that far or to that destination so some other groups can just go where ever they want.
2 - 8 riders can get to the 88 store in under 2 hrs. 100 will take 4 hrs at least. its all the equipment and mechanical problems that kill you.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: December 22, 2004, 08:52:42 AM »

I'm staying in the pit this time, I know it will be dried up a bit from last, but I just prefer to stay put.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
miamiblaster

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: December 22, 2004, 09:31:35 AM »

Geez this thing is takeing forever i feel like Jan 21 is my birthday or something. lol yea I think I will be staying at the pit for the most part. I never been to rodman befor so I will probably go around with my group and explore. I will take a flare gun incase we get lost .... So please if any one see's a flare in the sky go find us.. LOL LMAO

I like my girls like i like my mustangs skinnys in the front and fat in the back
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: December 22, 2004, 12:48:59 PM »

if will can reach you before the rangers, because of the big fire you started with that flare gun.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #607 on: December 22, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

I'm staying in the pit this time, I know it will be dried up a bit from last, but I just prefer to stay put.

Id@

I might do the same. or ride some surrounding trails, it will be good just meeting up with everyone from here
GSXR1000

YFZ 450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: December 22, 2004, 04:34:15 PM »

Grizz
You said you will be in site 12 we will be in site 15 and our friends are in site 19 can't wait.
see ya there
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: December 22, 2004, 04:40:28 PM »

if you have the least amount of doubt about the ride to the 88 store you should stay at the pit. you'll still have a great time there as well. i'm not one to stay in one place, i like trail rides.

jeff

T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: December 22, 2004, 06:15:50 PM »

I agree with JJamesbar, I cant stay in one place, I like to go out and explore the woods. What the sense of driving that far just to stay in a sand pit.You can do that anywhere local. I think that just defeats the purpose of a group ride if you just want to stay by yourself and ride in a pit. But to each there own I'm pretty sure everyone is going to have a blast just being around that many quads is always a good time.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: December 22, 2004, 06:30:38 PM »

I agree with JJamesbar, I cant stay in one place, I like to go out and explore the woods. What the sense of driving that far just to stay in a sand pit.You can do that anywhere local. I think that just defeats the purpose of a group ride if you just want to stay by yourself and ride in a pit. But to each there own I'm pretty sure everyone is going to have a blast just being around that many quads is always a good time.

Hell, Just being around me should be enough fun in itself.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
dreth

« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2004, 06:40:17 PM »

thats what im talkin bout, yall just show up and i will keep ya happy attitude Grin. im riden as far and as fast as possible and if i get lost just drop me some fuel and ill find my way out sooner Sad or later Grin
dreth

« Reply #613 on: December 22, 2004, 06:46:29 PM »

i think we should seperate into groups by the speed at which we want to ride, say 10 being borderline unsafe warp speed to 1 being there was 9,485,465,734,632,849,959 leaves on the ground and i know because i had time to count them. put me down in the 10 group Grin
dreth

« Reply #614 on: December 22, 2004, 06:50:15 PM »

im sure someone can do one of those poll thingies to see if or who would like smaller groups and if not we can wing it like last time and all went well except for the infamous 2 hour lunch
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: December 22, 2004, 07:04:51 PM »

i think we should seperate into groups by the speed at which we want to ride

that still brings us back to the question, whos going to be up to leed? i'm all for more groups. i could leave ahead  (around 8:00am) with a small group of 10-15 riders and some orange marking paint and mark all the turns on the ground, this way it will degrade in a short while and every one can ride at thier own leasure or speed. and those just wanting ride in the woods could follow the marks back and not get lost.

just a thought

jeff

budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: December 22, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »

Hey, Who do you think you are, the Grizz? Everybody knows, He is the guy to hang with...lol ....After all, he is "The Grizz" In his mind.... He is the canuck right now...trailbazing around quebec right now...

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: December 22, 2004, 07:28:24 PM »

i think we should seperate into groups by the speed at which we want to ride, say 10 being borderline unsafe warp speed to 1 being there was 9,485,465,734,632,849,959 leaves on the ground and i know because i had time to count them. put me down in the 10 group Grin

You are in your group of one...lol Grin

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2004, 10:41:29 PM »

I'm planning to lead a small group from Ida's to Rodman in the morning to meet up with everyone then just play around the pit and maybe do a few runs down to the Delancy/Salt Springs area and back so us high octane gas guzzlers don't run out. So for anyone choosing to stay around the pit we'll be doing some short high speed rides maybe 25-35 miles at a time. Of course all this is depending upon weather if it is freezing cold/raining I will probably trailer the quads to Rodman to give it a chance to warm/dry up before we start riding.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
dreth

« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2004, 02:22:34 AM »

that still brings us back to the question, whos going to be up to leed? i'm all for more groups. i could leave ahead  (around 8:00am) with a small group of 10-15 riders and some orange marking paint and mark all the turns on the ground, this way it will degrade in a short while and every one can ride at thier own leasure or speed. and those just wanting ride in the woods could follow the marks back and not get lost.
that would be sweet if you could use like ftr markers but if you think the paint will do then it would work too
just a thought

jeff

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2004, 03:59:58 AM »

orange marking paint would be faster.

jeff

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: December 23, 2004, 04:04:07 AM »

I'm planning to lead a small group from Ida's to Rodman in the morning

ok steve it sounds like you have a group, good. hey, good luck on the trip from ida's cabin it took me 3 tries to get to the woods just south of his cabin legally. lots of trails and no direct path.

jeff

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: December 23, 2004, 04:05:05 AM »

ok steve it sounds like you have a group, good. hey, good luck on the trip from ida's cabin it took me 3 tries to get to the woods just south of his cabin legally. lots of trails and no direct path.

jeff

I think he's planning on riding up the side of 19.. Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: December 23, 2004, 04:25:29 AM »

I think he's planning on riding up the side of 19.. Grin

Wouldn't be the first time!  Wink I'd prefer not to run it the whole way but Ida seems to think he knows a way it isn't against any laws to run the side of the Hwy to my knowledge or is it? If time permits I am going to do a scout ride to find the right path and mark it on GPS.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 04:28:44 AM by Bigg_Pimpin » Logged

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: December 23, 2004, 04:31:52 AM »

if you can't find your way through the trail just do what my group did the last time when it was pitch back out. Ride on the side of 19 like Mike said.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com