Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: raptor 660 vs 450r  (Read 44213 times)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 09:14:58 PM »

Its no use the guy is 18 and knows everything can't tell him $h!t. LOOK OUT PROSTOCK , AND FUNNY CAR LOOK OUT JOHN FORCE WE HAVE THE HUMAN DYNO HERE AND HE IS GONNA BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF.

instead of trying to reply with something logical, the first thing you do is check my profile for my age in an attempt to discredit anything i say. i don't know anything because I'm younger than you, right? not even worth your time talking to? i just sold my 719cc raptor and have raced 450s, the guy that made the post said he won, he has the mods to back his claims, but since you ride a Honda and its the best, everything else sucks and anybody that says different is a liar. a Ported 660, with Pipe, stg.3 cam, +1mil valves, borred out with high comp piston cant take down a 450 with a cam and piston? dont know what im talking about i guess, your a joke man, how bout you come back with something worth while reading instead of using my age as a scapegoat to back out

I was gonna read what you wrote, but I got to the part about the age, and I checked your profile.

You're only 17...so I stopped right there and didn't read the rest. I figure you're too young to know wtf you're talking about.

I took what 450r said to be true. It's not like he's biased or anything. Plus, he once hooked up for a one nighter with Shirley Muldowney and Big Daddy Don Garlits in a freaky three way!

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
badcompanyracing

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »

I think Rico is thinking of Poulan brand?Huh
 Now if you were talking sleds, I would buy another Polaris, BUT not an atv, The just dont have the technology for those yet. They are trying, but they arent as good as they are on the sleds
we'll keep trying with them ole POLARIS'
and we'll cut the the weeds (HONDA's and RAPTOR's) as we GO.
 Kiss
I think our ole polaris holds it's own.......
YA'll coming to waresboro or what?HuhHuhHuh??

BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS
badcompanyracing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »

thanks  it's a 2wd 400express
it does pretty good
any of ya'll coming to the race in waresboro?HuhHuh??
and yes smoke it is a utilty bike Grin Grin Grin
what's up
anybody gonna go drag racing
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:16:53 PM by badcompanyracing » Logged

BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 11:03:47 PM »

I am geting out, Just too far to keep driving for some fun.Plus as late as it is when I get home from Ga., My whole weekend is shot.

Know anyone looking for a drag bike Travis???

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
predatorracer8

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 12:49:25 AM »

I think Rico is thinking of Poulan brand?Huh
 Now if you were talking sleds, I would buy another Polaris, BUT not an atv, The just dont have the technology for those yet. They are trying, but they arent as good as they are on the sleds
we'll keep trying with them ole POLARIS'
and we'll cut the the weeds (HONDA's and RAPTOR's) as we GO.
 Kiss
I think our ole polaris holds it's own.......
YA'll coming to waresboro or what?HuhHuhHuh??

im with ya homie lol
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

WHAT THE F&CK EVER.  WHO CARES.  Put it on the track and post some time slips.  No time slips or video of radar gun, means BULL$HIT.  Have the evidence to back up the claims, then I will believe you.

yeah yeah, we get it.... put up or shut up, green light drops bullshit stops, yadda yadda yadda, every other post your saying the same damn thing acting like a hardass. chill out, you dont even have a bike but know people with fast banshees, ok cool everyone has a damn banshee it makes me sick listening to them babble back and forth about whos banshee is faster, no my banshee is faster, urrhhh

Hey, why are you navigating out of your kid's section.  You know this is where the big boys have the big toys.  Graduate from the kid's section then come talk $hit in here.  Oh by the way, let me know when you have that roll ready and we can race.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »

Yea and your gay ass video that you posted about 10 times made me sick
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 05:04:38 PM »

Yea and your gay ass video that you posted about 10 times made me sick

I 2nd that.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
450rcrazy

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

Its no use the guy is 18 and knows everything can't tell him $h!t. LOOK OUT PROSTOCK , AND FUNNY CAR LOOK OUT JOHN FORCE WE HAVE THE HUMAN DYNO HERE AND HE IS GONNA BLOW YOUR DOORS OFF.

instead of trying to reply with something logical, the first thing you do is check my profile for my age in an attempt to discredit anything i say. i don't know anything because I'm younger than you, right? not even worth your time talking to? i just sold my 719cc raptor and have raced 450s, the guy that made the post said he won, he has the mods to back his claims, but since you ride a Honda and its the best, everything else sucks and anybody that says different is a liar. a Ported 660, with Pipe, stg.3 cam, +1mil valves, borred out with high comp piston cant take down a 450 with a cam and piston? don't know what I'm talking about i guess, your a joke man, how bout you come back with something worth while reading instead of using my age as a scapegoat to back out

#1 I spelled it out to you in a previous post you still would not listen , so I said to myself "self what kind of person are we dealing with ? Hmm lets look at his profile ! oh I see he is a typical teenager who knows everything so no use arguing with a self proclaimed genius."

#2 Cubic inches or cubic centimeters do make a difference but so does head design and you can only do so much with porting to help , combustion chamber shape , valve angles , port height , Piston dome shape , flame travel ,  quench height , rod length , bore to stroke Ratio , wrist pin location , rotational mass of the rotaing assembly , Transmission efficiancy , HP to weight Ratio all make a huge differance . Just putting in a Hot cam stage 3 does not mean it is the best cam for his application either , A cam should be ground to match many other aspects of an engine , I believe the camshaft of an engine is its most single important part and if you want to make HP it better be matched perfectly to your combo or it will hurt you more than help you. A webb cam custom grind will add far more HP ,but you need to know the flow rate of the head , bore to stroke ratio , Peak RPM  , Shift RPM , weight of bike/rider combo , compression ratio and intended use of the cam Drag race or mx or xc it does make a differance.

#3 I said in a race amongst the described bikes the 450 would win the Race and I believe that still. and it is not becouse I own a Honda , I believe the Yamaha 450 would beat it as well and so would the Suzuki 450 and most likely the Kfx450 If they all had a pipe a basic ignition or cherry bomb and a good intake kit such as a pro flow or K&N.

#4 I have now typed out a complete explination of my reasoning , But I know it was a waste of time becouse you are 18 and no one can teach you anything you don't already know.
badcompanyracing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »

not right off Dyno but I will be asking around,hate to see ya'll quit!!! what do you got to have for it??
smoke no come back that hurts.. Grin Grin Grin
did Troy sell his?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
and as far as fast I know a guy with a raptor he'll go 300ft or 1/8 mile
likes the 1/8 better pretty sure he can hold his own against a 450

BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS
badcompanyracing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 10:25:43 PM »

oh yeah forgot he can hold his on with room to SPARE Kiss
ain't calling nobody out because it's not mine,
but just saying what I know and I'm just a little over 18
all bull aside bring a 450 to waresboro we'll try you with a POLARIS
300ft  Cool Cool Cool if you out run us good deal you run a heavy utility bike minus some plastic and racks
but if not you got run by 1 Cry Cry Kiss Kiss Kiss

BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »

The Ford has larger shackle bolts. This makes it a stronger truck then the others.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
450rcrazy

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 07:04:27 PM »

wow, you must be an expert with all those big words your throwing at me, dont try and belittle me and turn this into "im only 18" argument that i wouldnt understand. you are so ignorant, it seems no one can teach YOU anything because your older than most. i guess it doesnt matter if you dont have experience with raptors, you know more than me about them apartently

your making very general assumptions about the 660 motor and its obvious you know very little about it. you say a custom grind cam would make more hp, thats true for alot of bikes, but there are a few companys that got the 660 pretty well figured out. ive seen charts where the stg.3 cam is making close to 80rwhp in a little 719cc motor on pump gas only. and the megacycle x4, and x14 cam are used in all 660 applications. some of the fastest 660s in the country are running an off the shelf megacycle cam. ill admit i dont know a whole lot about 450's, but i know the 660 inside and out and what internal combos work to make power. only experiece i have with 450's is beating them in drags

your trying to make it seem like "oh theres only so much you can do to help the slow raptor go faster" 450's are great for mx racing and stuff but its common knowledge they are not for drag racing

if you had any clue about the 660 you would easily understand that a ported, with stg.3, +1 valves, borred to 686 with high comp piston, pipe, etc would easily take down the 450 with piston and cam. maybe the 450 has more work than what has been said, but based on just what the guy told us, why would you doubt it couldnt win? he said he did, i mean come on, what does he have to gain about lying about some race? get your head out of your ass and get real
i wish i still had my slow raptor, i would drive to wherever you live and wax that little 450 you got. and im not being biased here about honda vs. yamaha. i own an 86 250r and im picking up a cr500 later this week

I am sorry but those are not just big words I am throwing around they are Facts . And in no way am I trying to belittle you I have just learned over the years that some people just won't listen no matter what and typically it is people between the ages of 16-22 that are the most hard headed . I don't need to pull my head out of my azz becouse it is sitting squarely on my shoulders where it belongs . I Have tried telling you I DO THIS FOR A LIVING EVERY DAY FOR 11 HOURS 5-6 DAYS A WEEK FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS you where just getting out of diapers when I started Racing and building performance engines and performance parts I have just a wee bit more experiance in this department . Raptors have far more torque than a 450 which will help it get out of the hole faster but a 450 has high RPM H.P. which will pull hard till the engine would blow if not restricted by a rev limiter.

A NHRA Pro Stock is limited to 500 C.I.  and will run 6.70 @208 mph in the quater and must weigh in at 2350 Lbs but a top dragster can have endless C.I. most are between 632 and 707 C.I. and they weigh in at 1850 pounds which is faster ?  They are close to the same . what is the differance . HIGH RPM H.P. it makes up for the weight advantage and the C.I. advantage. What engine has more torque ,the 632 has more than the 500 , where is the peak hp of the 632 , around 6800 rpm , how about the pro stock around 9600 rpm . a prostock  leaves the line at 8500 - 8700 rpm and shifts at 10,000  . A Harley with a 100 inch Revtech that is equiv to 1638 cc , will lose to a 1000 cc crotch rocket all day every day ,WHY High RPM HP , it wins every time . I have seen built Raptor engines on the dyno and built 450 engines I also have seen them stock on the dyno ,I have seen differant combo's of each run on the dyno ,I have seen built banshee engines on the dyno . You want a fast drag bike get a built Banshee High RPM horse power is phenominal and will toast a 450 or a 660 , but for low end torque and pulling power get the raptor want a good handling fast 4 stroke get any manufacturers 450 . I am not trying to be hard headed I have just been doing this for to long.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:52:28 PM by 450rcrazy » Logged
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 07:37:43 PM »

wow, you must be an expert with all those big words your throwing at me, dont try and belittle me and turn this into "im only 18" argument that i wouldnt understand. you are so ignorant, it seems no one can teach YOU anything because your older than most. i guess it doesnt matter if you dont have experience with raptors, you know more than me about them apartently

your making very general assumptions about the 660 motor and its obvious you know very little about it. you say a custom grind cam would make more hp, thats true for alot of bikes, but there are a few companys that got the 660 pretty well figured out. ive seen charts where the stg.3 cam is making close to 80rwhp in a little 719cc motor on pump gas only. and the megacycle x4, and x14 cam are used in all 660 applications. some of the fastest 660s in the country are running an off the shelf megacycle cam. ill admit i dont know a whole lot about 450's, but i know the 660 inside and out and what internal combos work to make power. only experiece i have with 450's is beating them in drags

your trying to make it seem like "oh theres only so much you can do to help the slow raptor go faster" 450's are great for mx racing and stuff but its common knowledge they are not for drag racing

if you had any clue about the 660 you would easily understand that a ported, with stg.3, +1 valves, borred to 686 with high comp piston, pipe, etc would easily take down the 450 with piston and cam. maybe the 450 has more work than what has been said, but based on just what the guy told us, why would you doubt it couldnt win? he said he did, i mean come on, what does he have to gain about lying about some race? get your head out of your ass and get real

i wish i still had my slow raptor, i would drive to wherever you live and wax that little 450 you got. and im not being biased here about honda vs. yamaha. i own an 86 250r and im picking up a cr500 later this week
Show me this chart were a rapturd has 80 rwhp. on pump gas!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
badcompanyracing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:05 PM »

So is anybody coming to Waresboro?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
just wondering

BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »

Doubt it, I dont have the $$ to go, Troy is on vacation, Lupo has other engagments Huh

The " Black Pearl "
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:31 PM »

i beat piped raptors with my 450 Smiley
and my gearing is set for lowend Smiley

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 03:35:11 PM »

He probably did win. Its all in the way its tuned. If the 450 isn't jetted in as good as the rapturd the rapturd wins. We all had our quads not run up to par before. That dyno chart pretty week, the hp drops off at 8500 rpm and its the smallest range I've ever seen. Its looks like a 2 stroke. I rather have a motor that runs at or over 50 hp from 8000 rpm to 12000 rpm. That would spank any peaky motor like your showing any day! Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
RaptorMan660R

Yamaha4Life

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »

It's not impossible for a Raptor to beat a TRX even when they are both running to there par. They are nice bikes but it is still a Honda.

2 2005 Raptor 660R w/ full Trinity exhaust
1 2004 Blaster w/ full Toomey Racing Exhaust
1 2006 Grizzley 660
RaptorMan660R

Yamaha4Life

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 04:42:20 PM »

And to clear up the speed issue a stock raptor goes 78.3. I put a Trinity exhaust, ignition, full intake and others and it now goes 95 and whenever i race 450R they are not in my sight once i hit 3rd gear.

2 2005 Raptor 660R w/ full Trinity exhaust
1 2004 Blaster w/ full Toomey Racing Exhaust
1 2006 Grizzley 660
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »

And to clear up the speed issue a stock raptor goes 78.3. I put a Trinity exhaust, ignition, full intake and others and it now goes 95 and whenever i race 450R they are not in my sight once i hit 3rd gear.

what 450 where you racing?  Laugh

450rcrazy

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »

450rcrazy - you trying to make this way more complicated than it should be

we are talking about a well built raptor vs a semingly mild 450, based on what the guy said i dont see why it is so impossible for you to belive he won.

the guy won this race, that is the only thing im arguing, why call him a liar? you are basically trying to say its immposible for a raptor to beat a 450. he posted his mods and that he won on www.raptorforum.com   why would he go around with a made up story? he only has a few posts on here but is a regular member on the raptorforum

it seems you are trying to make clear to me about your experience, thats great you build engines. that doesnt make it so you are always automatically right, its obvious you dont have experience building high performance raptor motors

OK YOU WIN NO WAY COULD A 450 EVER BEAT A RAPTOR!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »

Why would he go around saying that if it werent true you ask ??

Probably the same reason some of the two stroke guys go around saying they have a true 350, stock craddle, no bar and made several 5.70 passes in the 1/8th. We all know thats B.S.
 But they feel that makes them "look" better.

All anyone who has objected to the post  is saying, DONT make the statements unless it can be proven.
 Just like saying it goes 95mph now with bolt on parts. Obviously you must have had it on a track, so wheres the time slip ??

Any of us draggers have our slips to prove what we run, so lets see them

The " Black Pearl "
450rcrazy

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »

Here is mine ,I lost this Round due to breaking out during a bracket style race.

* timeslip.jpg (63.61 KB, 430x1013 - viewed 328 times.)
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2007, 06:43:10 PM »

450crazy, I believe you.......
 But he must be running that Rapturd over a mile to get at 95mph,
 then the gearing to get that, the 450 would be gone........

The " Black Pearl "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com