Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50cc atv question.  (Read 2472 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »

How low of a speed can you govern them? can you pretty much get it so low that they dont move or is like 10-15 mph the lowest? it would be on a suzuki, arcticat or kawi.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 02:52:22 PM »

Aren't you a little too big for a 50? You should consider an 80, but yes, you can screw them down to "walking speed" or what is commonly referred to as "Quad32x Speed" around the track.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »

Aren't you a little too big for a 50? You should consider an 80, but yes, you can screw them down to "walking speed" or what is commonly referred to as "Quad32x Speed" around the track.

Well, it would be for my brother. And the second half of that =  Rolling on the Floor Laughing Are you sure they can be at walking speed? I can never tell if you are screwing around or serious.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 07:13:30 PM »

Well, since it's the safety of a small child, I won't mess around. The throttle control on most 50cc ATV's can be screwed down to 5mph...(which is about as fast as Quad32x goes on the flat track). Also, some of them have a tether switch so when your teaching them to ride, you can walk behind them or stand in the center as they practice circle turns around you.

Now..lets go stick your little brother in the industrial size dryer at Suds and Such Laundramat and see how tuff he is. Tell him to bring his helmet!

I think the VIPER 50cc ATV has it in it's specs if you GOOGLE it.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »

Well, since it's the safety of a small child, I won't mess around. The throttle control on most 50cc ATV's can be screwed down to 5mph...(which is about as fast as Quad32x goes on the flat track). Also, some of them have a tether switch so when your teaching them to ride, you can walk behind them or stand in the center as they practice circle turns around you.

Now..lets go stick your little brother in the industrial size dryer at Suds and Such Laundramat and see how tuff he is. Tell him to bring his helmet!

I think the VIPER 50cc ATV has it in it's specs if you GOOGLE it.

alrighty thanks, o and we'll pass on the suds and such.  Wink
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
O-so-fast

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 02:28:32 PM »

Thats funny coming from someone thats never raced. Well besides your keyboard. Wink
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »

Thats funny coming from someone thats never raced. Well besides your keyboard. Wink

I was the 50cc North Eastern Champ back in 1987!

Of course I was 17 at the time, but that's neither here nor there. Just because those kids are all under 12 years old, doesn't mean they're not strong competition. I mean it's not like they're Flat trackers.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 02:58:13 PM »

with the stock 55 tooth rear gear my sons arctic cat 90 only did 15mph
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »

he is only 2 years old and he has a powerwheels one but he is too big for it. he is a really big 2 year old. and it would be pointless to buy a bigger powerwheels for him for more $ than a used lt50 or whatever. he can sit on them and everything pretty good. if we could get it to just go as slow as the powerwheels one then it wouldnt be bad. there is no place to burn yourself on the zuki while you are on it. just the pipe when you get off.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »

2 years old? That's the best age ever...they'll believe anything you tell 'em at that age.

"Go ahead, lil buddy...climb up there in the dryer".

I'm gonna keep my eye on the FOR SALE section, in case you put "mini-homeschool" up for sale.

First thing I'd do is change his name to Optimus Prime, and take him to Hooters!

Heck, that'd be better than a puppy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com