Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KIDS SECTION IN RESTAURANTS???  (Read 59336 times)
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2007, 10:55:50 PM »

I'm thinking it would be a good law. Now that there's no smoking sections anymore. I think it would be a great idea, especially in bar and grills. Nothing like relaxing in a bar-n-grill drinking a cocktail or beer with a baby screaming in your ear. I also love when they crawl up on the booth next to you and start grabbing your hair with there parents acting like its cute! Angry 
Just wanted to know what everyone thought or if had a interesting story or experience to share?

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »

sounds like you had a bad experience.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 10:58:29 PM »

I punched a dude right in the face for lettin his kid stare at me.

Ok im lyin, but I agree with you, that irritates me to no end. If your kid cant behave dont take him/her out.

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »

It's a good idea for people that want privacy. I tell my Daughter not to bother people when their eating. Some parents can't control their kids.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 10:59:35 PM »

Seems like everytime i go out. I see babies in restaurants after 10:00pm. Give me a break!

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
qt314nfla

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »

i'm all for a special kids section for families.  i use to go to a bar and the kids would play tag running around the place grabbing your table as they swung themselves around the corner.  it was irritating and like trx stated the parents thought nothing of letting them run loose.

or when you go to eat a nice dinner and someone has an infant screaming.  i know it's not the childs fault.  however, the problem is when the parent doesn't get up and take the child out side and take them for a walk or sing to them.  they leave them there to sit and scream.

or ppl w/ toddlers that don't have the attention span to deal w/ a long adult dinner.  and the parents don't bring crayons or other things to keep them entertained quietly.  so they stand up on the chairs, or slide under the table and sneak off only to come up next to or under your table like a dog begging for food.

or if you're in a bar and the parents get all pissy b/c you are using bar language in front of their kids.  i wouldn't use that language at mc donald's or at chucky cheese.  but it's bar language cause hint we're in a BAR.  DUH?  so the parents are ready to swing at ppl for behaving like an adult in an adult situation.  rather than seeing that they brought their kids into an adult situation.

or parents that sit and get drunk and stay late and the kids are sleeping at the table.  and someone has to drive them home.

i'd be happy to have a family area in restaurants.  even waitors don't like waiting on tables w/ kids.  they have to work harder for fewer tips and the kids a lot of times leave a larger mess.  i shouldn't have to have a chicken nugget on the floor under the table i'm eating at.

OK here it comes. I'm ducking cause I'm about to get blasted.  Please remember I'm using examples of some of my experiences.  I'm not saying all families are like that.  I have also been out to restaurants and gone over and complimented the children and the parents for their behavior.  Duck and cover here it comes!
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:23:03 PM »

i'm all for a special kids section for families.  i use to go to a bar and the kids would play tag running around the place grabbing your table as they swung themselves around the corner.  it was irritating and like trx stated the parents thought nothing of letting them run loose.

or when you go to eat a nice dinner and someone has an infant screaming.  i know it's not the childs fault.  however, the problem is when the parent doesn't get up and take the child out side and take them for a walk or sing to them.  they leave them there to sit and scream.

or ppl w/ toddlers that don't have the attention span to deal w/ a long adult dinner.  and the parents don't bring crayons or other things to keep them entertained quietly.  so they stand up on the chairs, or slide under the table and sneak off only to come up next to or under your table like a dog begging for food.

or if you're in a bar and the parents get all pissy b/c you are using bar language in front of their kids.  i wouldn't use that language at mc donald's or at chucky cheese.  but it's bar language cause hint we're in a BAR.  DUH?  so the parents are ready to swing at ppl for behaving like an adult in an adult situation.  rather than seeing that they brought their kids into an adult situation.

or parents that sit and get drunk and stay late and the kids are sleeping at the table.  and someone has to drive them home.

i'd be happy to have a family area in restaurants.  even waitors don't like waiting on tables w/ kids.  they have to work harder for fewer tips and the kids a lot of times leave a larger mess.  i shouldn't have to have a chicken nugget on the floor under the table i'm eating at.

OK here it comes. I'm ducking cause I'm about to get blasted.  Please remember I'm using examples of some of my experiences.  I'm not saying all families are like that.  I have also been out to restaurants and gone over and complimented the children and the parents for their behavior.  Duck and cover here it comes!
Couldn't say it better myself!!!!!!!!! Wink
 One day when i have children, I would not appeal to sit in a kids section. I would perfer it, do to if my child gets loud I now that I'm in a section were its exceptable. Then when we get a sitter and my wife and I then can have a peaceful dinner out too.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Michael Bolton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 01:36:39 AM »

just in restaurants? we need to ban them all together! theyre everywhere, in airplanes, grocery stores, in the trunk of my car, etc

ban screaming little children!
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 01:56:15 AM »

I was at Sonny's here in St. Pete a month ago with my dad and we had to sit next to a screaming kid the whole time. Nobody in the resturant could have a decent conversation. The parents did nothing!!!! Angry

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 02:05:56 AM »

I was at olive garden like at 10 on sunday was when we got there...The whole time theres a cuban family sitting behind me(Im cuban myself)..They had 4 little kids crying for about 1 hour...It was about 11 when they were walking out and there was one of them just standing in my face for about 1 minute until the mom grabs him by his neck or hair I couldnt really tell and her friend or sister w.e. have the nerve to stare at me with a face that looked Like I was trying to sell the little kid crack...There was a family of 3 that complained to the waiter and they were asked to quiet down...I was so pissed of that I wanted to get out of my seat and SLAP that lady about 6 times across her face...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 03:45:19 AM »

hahahaaaa..that reeeely sux! but the idea about kid's section is awesome! one time i was on a plane and this little baby wouldn't stop crying and these kids kept yakin and yaking that some guy shouted as loud as he could : "give that baby some whiskey and shut those damn kids up!"..basically the plane errupted in laughter..except for their parents..hahaa
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 07:11:07 AM »

Yeah a kids section would be nice..doubt most places would put one in though..my thought on this as with any other discussion involving kids or any other rule/law breaker is this...we seem to always want to do something to the kids not the dagum parents or the rule/law breaker who are really responsible IE: NOT wearing helmets, riding machines that are way to big for them, acting up in resteraunts etc., what happens in all these cases THE MAN comes and trys to run our lives..making laws cutting out our liberties and such, then were all punished for somebody Else's lack of _________!     
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 07:46:55 AM »

And, a loud, rude drunkards section. Spanish-speaking section. New Yorker section. Etc,,

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 08:35:55 AM »

I think a Redneck section would be good as well. Keep those people away from me.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 08:53:26 AM »

I heard there's a beach now that enforcing a adult only section. I think I was up north in one of the great lakes. Grin

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 09:09:24 AM »

Most people have the common sense to know if you go into an "Alehouse or Bar and Grill" there will be Children in there during the day. After 8-9 PM Children usually are not allowed around the bar. However if you feel compelled to use Bar language around children regardless...You have issues.

I do think that some parents treat the Restaurant as a damn daycare..and they let the kids run loose with no regard for anyone else. They should be asked to leave.

In my years of Bartending , I have turned at least 10 couples away from my bar for trying to prop the baby on a stool in a carseat @ a SMOKING Bar.....I have little patience for that.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Michael Bolton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »

And, a loud, rude drunkards section. Spanish-speaking section. New Yorker section. Etc,,

I think a Redneck section would be good as well. Keep those people away from me.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
HARRY-SACS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »

If you got kids you go to chucky cheese, not the sizzler. Most these people know that there kids are terrors are they still take them out anyways. It seems like people are getting more and more disrespective, only thinking of themselves.
KB

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »

I punched a dude right in the face for lettin his kid stare at me.

LMFAO
LINK500

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »

Maybe all you people that don't have kids should be sterilized and dropped on an island somewere
so that all you people can stop crying so much. You all sound like a bunch of cry babies yourselves Cry
All of you that don't have kids don't know what you are talking about till that day you are blessed
with your own kids. The most well behaved kid will act up from time to time and it is not always the parents fault.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 04:33:20 PM »

Maybe all you people that don't have kids should be sterilized and dropped on an island somewere
so that all you people can stop crying so much. You all sound like a bunch of cry babies yourselves Cry
All of you that don't have kids don't know what you are talking about till that day you are blessed
with your own kids. The most well behaved kid will act up from time to time and it is not always the parents fault.
Here's one of those nonchalant patents.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
LINK500

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »

Maybe we should start the sterilization with you TRX. This tread seams like it turned into a bash on any parents that take thier kids out to dinner with them, thats all.
qt314nfla

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »

Spoken like a true breeder.  No need for sterilization I wouldn't damage the world w/ my offspring.  I have enough common decency to the reast of the planet to not procreate.  Besides it'd probably be Tyrone's crack baby anyway.  They I'd have to go on Springer to find my baby daddy.

It's a bar you moron.  If you don't want me talking like that in an adult atmosphere then don't bring your kids there.  I wouldn't go to chuck e. cheese or any other child oriented place and speak that way.  Besides isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.  I know the type of language that is used around children in different circles.

Oh, and it's a blessing if you want them.  If you don't then it's called an abortion or adoption.  Duck and cover the breeders are about to spray me w/ their special sauce.  Not everyone wants children.  Some of us just enjoy being aunts and uncles.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 04:46:22 PM by QT314 » Logged
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »

It's a bar you moron.  If you don't want me talking like that in an adult atmosphere then don't bring your kids there.  I wouldn't go to chuck e. cheese or any other child oriented place and speak that way.  Besides isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.  I know the type of language that is used around children in different circles.

LOL Classy... Roll Eyes

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
East Coast Dirty Girls

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 05:00:01 PM »

well, i have kids and I WANT A SECTION I CAN SEND THE YOUNGINGS TO!   Grin

Hell, my kids are pretty well behaved....they know they act up i will whoop some arse....however, if you are at a bar where people are drinking like that....you need not bring them.  I must admit, my oldest knows how to throw darts better than most people (lol) but when it comes to the adult scene and kids the best bet is to get at sitter.  "specially if you are drinking"  HOWEVER......like i said....i want a section to send the kids to eat by them selves on the OTHER side of the restaurant at ALL eating establishments....hell, i would tip big for that!    Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com