Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peice river  (Read 4174 times)
SlowJoeRacing

~~JOSEPH~~ SLOW-JOE-RACING

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »

how is the peice river trails??? I might be going there next month and i was woundering how the trails are Smiley

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
1500z71

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »

I just went on July 4th, it was a lot of fun. The trails are ok, nothing tough at all, just a fun time to ride around. Lots of water and mud to play in. Give me your email and I'll send you some pictures of it.

Steve
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »

are the trails muddy? i heard that there was a speed limit in the trails.

fsterthanmydad92@aol.com

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 08:17:31 PM »

Shocked

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

caospop
Supreme Member

BOOMSHAKAALAAAKAAA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »

can i get some pics too...
caospop@aol.com

2007 Polaris Sportsman
fishfry

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »

http://www.peacerivercampground.com/

A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »

Looks like a cool place wish we had something like it up here in N. Florida...I mean we have all those things available but not in one location similar to D-Town.  Grin
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 10:10:46 AM »

I hate to sound negative but I had a toy box there for a couple years and that place sucks. In addition to the camp fee, they charge for parking passes, additional friends and family, $10 for each quad or anything that has a motor in it (golf carts, mopeds, atv, dirt bikes, go-carts anything. The trails are minimal and inside the park there is a speed limit strictly enforced, if you go to the overflow area there is some additional riding (minimal). There are some good things such as if you like primitive camping next to the river, get there early, fossil (shark teeth) is fun for children and adults, alcohol is OK, they have movie night and Ice Cream. Its not a riding destination and the staff are pricks. Enough said.  Flaming Cursing Bonk

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 10:18:52 AM »

I hate to sound negative but I had a toy box there for a couple years and that place sucks. In addition to the camp fee, they charge for parking passes, additional friends and family, $10 for each quad or anything that has a motor in it (golf carts, mopeds, atv, dirt bikes, go-carts anything. The trails are minimal and inside the park there is a speed limit strictly enforced, if you go to the overflow area there is some additional riding (minimal). There are some good things such as if you like primitive camping next to the river, get there early, fossil (shark teeth) is fun for children and adults, alcohol is OK, they have movie night and Ice Cream. Its not a riding destination and the staff are pricks. Enough said.  Flaming Cursing Bonk

We use to go up there quite alot.  In the begininng it was great, and just like you said, turned into a KOA camp.  It's a shame, cause it use to be a pretty great place.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
predatorracer8

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »

lol a speed limit on trails..that sucks
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 10:41:51 AM »

its a 9.5 miles per hour speed limit Dunno If you have kids it will be a good time. But if your going to strictly ride, don't bother. It will take you longer to off load than to ride the "trails". Not to mention the 20 to 30 atv's that were stolen by the boys in the hood just in the period I was there. I would spend a half hour locking up my toys and they would still try to get them while you slept next to them. I have a attitude when it comes to that place if you can't tell. The so called security guard would drive around till 1:00 AM in his golf cart with lights. You could see him coming for miles. the boys in the hood would show up between 2:00 am and 4:00am almost every night. They finally caught 2 teenaged brothers (they were brothers by different fathers) after they tried to steal my sport quad. When they were unsuccessful, they wnet to my buddy's trailer and stole his kids Recon by cutting a piece of crap cavle and drove the Recon home so they would not have to walk. Got on the school bus and went to school. They found the unit next to their house still warm, went to school and arrested the 2 brothers. The cops brought the unit back. One day they stole 4 sport quads off the owners sons porch which is in the Mobile home section in the middle of the day. That place sucks.         

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
SlowJoeRacing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »

its a 9.5 miles per hour speed limit Dunno If you have kids it will be a good time. But if your going to strictly ride, don't bother. It will take you longer to off load than to ride the "trails". Not to mention the 20 to 30 atv's that were stolen by the boys in the hood just in the period I was there. I would spend a half hour locking up my toys and they would still try to get them while you slept next to them. I have a attitude when it comes to that place if you can't tell. The so called security guard would drive around till 1:00 AM in his golf cart with lights. You could see him coming for miles. the boys in the hood would show up between 2:00 am and 4:00am almost every night. They finally caught 2 teenaged brothers (they were brothers by different fathers) after they tried to steal my sport quad. When they were unsuccessful, they wnet to my buddy's trailer and stole his kids Recon by cutting a piece of crap cavle and drove the Recon home so they would not have to walk. Got on the school bus and went to school. They found the unit next to their house still warm, went to school and arrested the 2 brothers. The cops brought the unit back. One day they stole 4 sport quads off the owners sons porch which is in the Mobile home section in the middle of the day. That place sucks.        
thanks alot Grin

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 04:34:01 PM »

Next time I zoom down that river on my RXT(PWC), I'll waive my private parts in their general direction!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
1500z71

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 11:48:07 AM »

I'm not sure when you last went there, but there were none of the problems you mentioned. We had 3 four wheelers and 2 kids power wheels out every night, and no one bothered them. The staff were all very nice, they even came and sprayed the area for ants when we asked them. Yes, the trails are not the best you have ever seen, but they were still fun, especially for kids, and there was deep mud and water. I stuck my 01 rancher 4x4 with 26" vampires twice. i had to winch it out both times. My neighbor sunk his 06 superduty, and had to have it towed out. To each his own I guess. Go check it out and form your own opinion.

Steve
K-Town Quad Boy 08

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »

I live in arcadia and the overflow is closed and the staff that works ther are pricks
and the theives are bad they stole my 400 ex and my raptor. i told the cops who did it because of kids talkin at school i knew who it was and they still couldnt catch them
so it isnt worth it if you are just going to ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com