Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High mileage on a diesel ?  (Read 20563 times)
DOITHARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »

In my opinion, and if you can afford it...Cummings 5.9  is the way to go.  I bought a new 2004 4x4 sb ext cab...and pull a 40 ft toyhauler with no problem...w/78k miles so far not one problem.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »

The truck looks very clean, almost garage kept. I'm worried about the miles though. I thought you were gonna call me Swamp. Whatcha got over there?

Sorry bro. Bob Evans is one of my sales reps and he had a Heart attack Sunday, they had to send him to Orlando today his Heart is failing him. Call me in the AM @ 863-382-AUTO.

was bob evans a raymond forklift salesman a few years ago swamp?  if so, pm me.  i bought several lifts from a guy named bob evans from raymond handling.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 09:16:40 PM »

you WILL get 10mpg or less with the V10 ford, dont know for sure about the dodge but hear its just as bad
So, thats what you get with a real truck. Diesels only get a few mpg better and cost a LOT more.
   the v10  is  a hell  of a truck !!!!  i sold  one  of my trucks a  99 f250  v10  150.000 miles  ran  awesome .  i  was so  happy  with the  first one   so  i bought  another one . 05 f350  i love this truck  tons  of power   torqshift tranny   i  pull my toyhauler  with  ease !!!!    the only  down fall  with  the older ones  is the gas milege  other than that  they're  solid  motors  !!!
I agree, my wifes Excursion is a v10 and it has 120k on it and runs great.
Ford V10 or Dodge V10, well it dosent really matter they are both junk.  I know the ford v10 is only good for 80k to 100k after that---well pretty much nothing.  Stick with the 7.3 powerstroke---bulletproof and worth the extra money.
You dont know what you are talking about.

Chino, what are you going to be doing with this truck? The 6.5 gm doesnt really have a bad rep. it just doesnt have much power. Powerwise it probably would be similiar to a small block gas.
   If you want a good strong reliable work truck, Dons truck would be a great choice or any Chevy or Ford gas truck with a manual tranny. In my opinion all autos that are asked to work are on borrowed time, and diesels are very expensive to repair.

This is Chillin and I approve this message.

chillin, i know you have a bad taste in your mouth with auto trannies, but my dad and i myself have had good luck with them.  change fluid every 20k miles, run synthetic, and install a shift kit.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:52 PM »

In my opinion, and if you can afford it...Cummings 5.9  is the way to go.  I bought a new 2004 4x4 sb ext cab...and pull a 40 ft toyhauler with no problem...w/78k miles so far not one problem.

Those are awesome motors! When my dad had his bussiness way back in the day, he soley used Cummins powered dump trucks.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 09:43:59 PM »

get a cummins.
Problem with that is that in order to get a Cummins you also have to drive a dodge. Grin

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
DOITHARD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »

Hey, we can't please everyone...like I said, been pulling a heavy TH and no problems...transmission, etc.  We are headed to Cherokee NF in Augusts...We'll see what happens in the mountains.
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:24 PM »

here we go my trucks better then yours       Shocked Grin  lol

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 10:46:29 PM »

here we go my trucks better then yours       Shocked Grin  lol
These subjects always go off topic.  Just be careful Chino the high mileage diesel repair bills can be mucho$$$$$$$$. The old days of mechanical injected naturally aspirated easy to repair diesels are long gone. Todays diesels are much more powerful and better in every way, until they break.
 I'm not trashing diesels, thats what I've had for the last 8 years and I love them, but they arent for everyone.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »

get a cummins.
Problem with that is that in order to get a Cummins you also have to drive a dodge. Grin

Thats if you buy one from a stealership      Wink Wink

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:22 PM »

Freak, are you coming to the sled pulls Sat. night?

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »

here we go my trucks better then yours       Shocked Grin  lol
These subjects always go off topic.  Just be careful Chino the high mileage diesel repair bills can be mucho$$$$$$$$. The old days of mechanical injected naturally aspirated easy to repair diesels are long gone. Todays diesels are much more powerful and better in every way, until they break.
 I'm not trashing diesels, thats what I've had for the last 8 years and I love them, but they arent for everyone.

thats what happend on the first page Roll Eyes

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 11:21:12 PM »

Freak, are you coming to the sled pulls Sat. night?

I'm trying to decide to go to the sled pulls or go to my camp and ride.  I'm kinda leaning to the sled pulls

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 01:12:45 AM »

As of right now, I ruled out on the  "96"  6.5 Diesel Chevy, and the "94" 454 Chevy Dually. I found a "99" F350 7.3 turbo diesel supercab dually for $13,000. w/ 146,000 miles. Somebody hooked it up a little bit then traded it in. It's really clean and has some aftermarket upgrades.
   I'm using it for pulling boats and other things across the country. Do you think this will be the truck to use?
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 01:16:38 AM »

Oh, and if anyone is interested in my Tahoe, I'll be lowering the price drastically to get rid of it. Cry Cry Cry Cry  She will be missed!!
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 08:31:06 AM »

As of right now, I ruled out on the  "96"  6.5 Diesel Chevy, and the "94" 454 Chevy Dually. I found a "99" F350 7.3 turbo diesel supercab dually for $13,000. w/ 146,000 miles. Somebody hooked it up a little bit then traded it in. It's really clean and has some aftermarket upgrades.
   I'm using it for pulling boats and other things across the country. Do you think this will be the truck to use?

Chino that is a GREAT truck!!!  Find out if it's an early 99 or late 99.  There were some differances between the 2 models.  Like brakes and wheel bearing hub assemblies.  Is the Ford a 4x4 or 2wd?

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 11:30:33 AM »

It's 2 wheel drive.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 08:38:45 PM »

2001 V10 F250 4x4 crew cab with 8 inches of lift and new (brand new) 38x15.50x 16.5 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips Leather loaded with 78000 Miles White and Tan with Awesome Stereo and LOOKS SWEET!!

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 09:20:58 PM »

Thanks. I already went over what I was going too. But when I saw this one, I had to have it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com