Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKEECHOBEE MUDFEST AUGUST 10, 11 & 12 2007  (Read 90179 times)
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

Forget Mudfest look here: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,34443.0.html
JohnSales

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

Hey ATVGONEWILD I see that you are planning a mudding event on the same weekend as Okeechobee Mudfest, hope you do well good luck finding customers who will pay to play and ride on a human waste dumpsite. It's sad that you need to attack Okeechobee Mudfest in order to generate business for yourself.
outindeltona
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »

so why the price increase?i could see $10-15 increase but going to $100 is a lil much.people with large families arent gonna be able to afford it!! and most of the larger 2.5 and 5 ton trucks arent coming either because of that.i cant afford $400 for entrance, plus $300 in fuel,plus another $200 in food,and a few hundred more for other stuff...im going to a closer mud hole,and spending a lot less
billabongcr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »

no doubt man. plus i think another reason the huge increase it to weed out the stupider people. the ones mostly on the 4wheelers who are the ones cutting off the guys on 2.5 tons so they get run over, and the stupid guys with the 2.5 tons who are the ones not paying attention and running over people on 4wheelers.

by no means am i calling everyone with 4wheelers or 2.5 ton trucks stupid..but you get what im sayin

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust
outindeltona
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2008, 08:21:17 PM »

ill be local driving a couple .2.5 and 5 ton trucks...gonna have a new one out to play
ATVSGONEWILD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2008, 10:19:57 PM »

Hey ATVGONEWILD I see that you are planning a mudding event on the same weekend as Okeechobee Mudfest, hope you do well good luck finding customers who will pay to play and ride on a human waste dumpsite. It's sad that you need to attack Okeechobee Mudfest in order to generate business for yourself.

That's funny....I think its sad to charge $100/person for entry...especially in this tough economy.  We're not attacking anyone, and were planning on attending Mudfest (and hosting our event on a different weekend) like we do every year until we found out about the price increase.  We decided to host the event on the same weekend based on the feedback/suggestions we received from our extended ATV network of friends.  No need to wish us goodluck.....we have alerady exceeded our expectations as far as the attendance we are expecting.

As far as your "dumpsite" comment, I would recommend not talking about things you know nothing about (just proves you are ignorant).  We have been redesigning the site and putting rules and organization in place to provide an exceptional riding experience for our attendees.  I would suggest you visit our site (www.atvsgonewildonline.com) and do some research before opeing your mouth.
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »

what about the damn ants beds on the mudfest parking lot. Id pay 100 if there were RV hook ups or a spring fed swimming hole

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »

That's funny....I think its sad to charge $100/person for entry...especially in this tough economy.  We're not attacking anyone, and were planning on attending Mudfest (and hosting our event on a different weekend) like we do every year until we found out about the price increase.  We decided to host the event on the same weekend based on the feedback/suggestions we received from our extended ATV network of friends.  No need to wish us goodluck.....we have alerady exceeded our expectations as far as the attendance we are expecting.

As far as your "dumpsite" comment, I would recommend not talking about things you know nothing about (just proves you are ignorant).  We have been redesigning the site and putting rules and organization in place to provide an exceptional riding experience for our attendees.  I would suggest you visit our site (www.atvsgonewildonline.com) and do some research before opeing your mouth.

John Sales the "owner" of mud fest

And to be fair you did come sleeper his thread  No. No.

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2008, 08:36:58 AM »

john sales go piss up a rope  butthead.$100 is just rediculous and you deserve a quiet weekend aug 8-10th on your property .At least you wont have to worry about the portolets fillin up and becoming disgusting  like you usually do.Oh I forgot,you dont worry about that  ,you just let them fill up.So now your gonna make up crap about underhills.It wont help.my large group changed our plans to go to underhills already.Dont blame others when you fail,thats all you.
outindeltona
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »

i hope reporters show up hoping to film what normally goes on,and are met by a empty mudhole...then do a story on why its empty instead
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2008, 12:45:48 PM »

Ya'll need to stop bashing Mr. Sales. I dont agree with the price either, but who's to say he wasn't going to lower it on the next go around when he sees the attendance drop? You guys are crucifying him for the price and I'm sure he couldn't care less about who goes now. You really thinks he's worried about the money? He's already made his bank the past five years. Not to mention everyone cried the past 2 years about all the chaos out there, and now that he's weeding those people out, you complain. The ones that have nothing to lose out there cause alot of the trouble, the ones with a $100,000 on their trailer dont get quite as rowdy (not to say they can't party too, lol).

I dont support the price but I do wish he would keep it going for those that can attend it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 12:47:22 PM by 94Hardbody4x4 » Logged

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »

hey johnsales you should be allies with atvsgonewild they can teach you a thing or two on hosting an event. dude are you kidding me with that price.lets figure this out . ok 100 times 4 is 400 .now i can get in . ok 100 for fuel at the event 150 for fuel to get there.200 for food a beer and ice at the event.950?am i forgeting anything?oh yeah the risk of my kids getting crushed cause you dont sepperate the  big trucks and the little atvs unable to be seen by the big truck driver whos windows are covered in mud. um john i thing you should rethink your planning at get back to us next year hopefully with a much better plan Wink
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 08:25:27 PM by extremeforce » Logged
billabongcr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »

if i had plans to go to mudfest i would have abandoned them just because of this comment. now im glad i only went once and none of the others.

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2008, 12:10:58 AM »

hey johnsales you should be allys with atvsgonewild they can teach you a thing or two on hosting an event. dude are you kidding me with that price.let figure this out . ok 100 times 4 is 400 .now i can get in . ok 100 for fuel at the event 150 for fuel to get there.200 for food a beer and ice at the event.950?am i forgeting anything?oh yeah the risk of my kids getting crushed cause you dont sepperate the  big trucks and the little atvs unable to be seen by the big truck driver whos windows are covered in mud. um john i thing you should rethink your planning at get back to us next year hopefully with a much better plan Wink

lil quick there dont you think .... isnt this their first event ... lets see how it goes

team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2008, 09:49:24 AM »

atvsgonewild has help also from a group with experience if they need it, and there taking peoples advice.

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2008, 04:43:22 PM »

good luck finding customers who will pay to play and ride on a human waste dumpsite.

I personally drove by the site of Mudfest yesterday... and the cattle were standing up to theit bellies in the main mud hole. Two days before an event, and you still have the livestock pooping in the main mudpit and everywhere else? How is that different that the other site? Roll Eyes

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
JeepGirl

I Wanna Set Them FREE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2008, 05:47:38 PM »

Yesterday was actually 10 days before the event............
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »

one week and counting { CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT} hey where ever you go have a safe and fun weekend.
big O

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »

8 days to mudfest! Smiley
extremeforce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2008, 02:50:39 PM »

5 DAYS TILL THE BOG EVENT (MISSION MUD) AN EVENT LIKE NO OTHER.CHALLENGE YOURSELF AND OTHERS.ITS A TRUE MUD BOG PIT AND ALL AND A TRUE QUAD COURSE.WITH PRIZES FOR ALL CLASSES SEE YA THERE Wink
e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »

[if i had plans to go to mudfest i would have abandoned them just because of this comment. now im glad i only went once and none of the others.]

I have been to all the events for the past 3 years and that coment was uncalled for and just bad form, add in the $100 price and my family and i will take our fun else where. Now to address the above coments about haveing $100,000 on your trailer some how makes you more safe is silly, i have seen so many of the Big $ trucks that think they own every place they go, I have trucks as well as ATV's and Mud Fest has never had a safe setup. I support the crew from Atvsgonewild in offering a more safe and organized event. But where ever you decide to ride keep it safe so the media and all the haters have nothing to talk about.
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »

Your all pretty dumb for thinking that was the real John Sales.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
e.c.dirtyboy slick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »

The onlything i saw that was dumb was the coment, we are all in this sport because we love it and for anyone real or fake to trash an event is dumb. I wish everyone a safe weekend where ever you ride.
mad dog

See you on the trails. www.MADDOGRIDES.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »

Yesterday was actually 10 days before the event............
Get it straight the event is 8,9,10th how do you get 10 days must be the chinese calender you were reading.

Man must ride to be free, once he has experienced freedom there is no other way.
www.MADDOGRIDES.com
East Coast Dirty Girls

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »

WELL WELL WELL>  this is an interesting post.  Our club THE EAST COAST DIRTY GIRLS have always been an attendee of this event.  The price increase that was stated at the last event on our fliers was a shifting point for some of us.  The $10 more a person increase when clearly there were not enough people to enforce the "idiot rule"  during the day sealed the deal with a bunch of us.  (flyer we were handed in FEB)We head down there every year with about 30-50 in our group alone.  We like to watch the big trucks, would perfer to be able to ride more (ATVS) when they are around but all in all we attend due to the fact there is no other events like this in the state.  HOWEVER....when the price increased to an unrealistic amount for most of the people who attend........I am thankful that another group of individuals stepped it up and brought us something fun and affordable. I will be attending the MIssion Mud and we are very proud to be supporters of this event.  Not only can we ride, race, swim. shower and most importantly be able to afford to go, this event and these people have taken the time and the initiative to listen to the people who will be attending.  I think they also have looked at the mistakes of others and are trying to prevent what has happened in the past. 

There is no need to bash the owner of MUDFest for the increase, the comments that he left were a little uncalled  (from John)  but when one gets on the defensive sometimes they say things before they think.
IT is unfotunate that it has come to this after all the years of mudfest but with the amounts of money that have been generated out  there certain things should have been done to insure a safer enviroment. 

I am not bashing anyone, i attended Mudfest and have for years.....however I am SUPPORTING MISSION MUD and if any of you all know our group we only support things that we strongly believe in.

Hope everyone is safe in what ever thye decide to do.  SEE YA IN THE MUD

Kris
Pres
East Coast Dirty Girls Off Road Club!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com