Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Florida UTV owners  (Read 16469 times)
Weekend_Warrior

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2007, 11:05:26 PM »

Anyone had a chance to check out Corbit?  Thinking of going, just don't know what to expect.  Let me know if anyone has gone or would be interested in going.

06 Suzuki Eiger with 589's
05 Rhino 660 with to many options
04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »

Corbitt is good for UTV access, lot's of trails and water crossings.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:05:10 PM »

Where is this corbit place?

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 09:11:22 PM »

Where is this corbit place?

Jupiter corner of 706 & 710
brett711

www.??????.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 09:14:35 PM »

i did some work up there at the youth camp owned by fau/fwc, they said there is no riding up, ... no atv, i think they said you can use a buggy, no atv.

2007 honda rancher
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 02:02:58 AM »

UTV's are side by side machines like the Rhino, Mule and Ranger and supposedly not considered ATV's at Corbit.  I am in California for 10 days but would lilke to check it out before hunting season starts when I get back.  I dont like to ride with one machine so let me know if anyone is interested in checking it out.

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

Weekend Warrior is right because of the classification utv and the wheel base measurements you can use WMA Rangers have stated they are legal there as well
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

Yes, UTVs are aloud to go in Corbet as long as they are at least 60" or longer from front wheel center hub to rear center NO! ATVs sorry guys. The main road is around 23 miles long with a lot of trails to go on but now there is a lot of water there in the trails most of them are sand bottom and deep but you can go around them there is some restricted  areas and you can get a map at the gate for them. The day rate is $3.00 per person and you pay the iron ranger at the gate put your money in the envelope and take the top copy with you and you can get a yearly WMA pass at wal-mart or on line for $26.00 and that will get you in all the WMA's.  There is camping aloud in camping areas  around 10 spots. I have been there 5 times and its a nice place to go for UTVs would like to get together for a ride if we can make a date to go later. P.S. bring a GPS

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »

Went out to Corbett today LOTS of water road 38 miles before the storm's run me home got in one water hole and I think my ranger was floating made it out glad I moved diff. and trans. vent tubes over the back seat no more water in there. Any of you UTV riders want to set a day  to meet there and ride let do so later.

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 10:52:15 PM »

Thanks for the update on Corbitt.  I am still interested in going, just need to find the time.  We drove by there Saturday on our way back from Lake Okeechobee.  I wanted to drive in and check it out ut the wife had other plans.  Is it muddy or sand and water?  Who do you ride with? friends or do you go with kids.  I have 13 and 11 year old boys that like to go but could go with out them if needed  The next weekend I have available is the 11th of August, either Saturday or Sunday.  Let me know if that is a good weekend to meet for a ride. 

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »

Warrior, The 11th sounds good to me unless something comes up. There is mud but mostly it it sand water and a lot of places are deep as far as your boys its all good to me I have a boy thats 8 that can come to ride sat. or sun. is good. What utv do you have Rhino, Ranger, Mule and to all others that want meet and ride  lets get a pack to go let ride.

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:50:34 PM »

I have a Rhino with twenty seven inch XTR's.  It goes pretty well in the mud and water but it is not snorkeled.  Hopefully some others will join in.  Let me know what time you could make it.  We are about 45 minutes away.   Is there much shade on the trails.  We havent been to River Ranch since Memorial day due to the heat and lack of water.  That looks to be changing from the reports we have heard.

Mark

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »

i can drive to corbet from my house but the sob's dont like me in there on my atv.Have been in there a few times but its not worth getting caught.I may buy a rhino just so I can ride in corbet legally.Its a great place to ride.Lots of trails and a main road thats high and dry.Plenty of water if you head off the main roads.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 06:47:51 PM »

Really awesome place to take your buggy.

i can drive to corbet from my house but the sob's dont like me in there on my atv.Have been in there a few times but its not worth getting caught.I may buy a rhino just so I can ride in corbet legally.Its a great place to ride.Lots of trails and a main road thats high and dry.Plenty of water if you head off the main roads.

I wish I lived closer, I would get a side by side for sure!!!

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 08:48:38 PM »

I am going to River Ranch this Fri & Sat. if any of y'all are coming out and want to meet up for a ride Nextel #158*61*665 call me later Big T.

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 09:30:28 PM »

Back home from RR great two days road 145 miles lots of water and nice people O I forgot (offroaders) good people.  Anyways back to the grind on Mon. later Big T.

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
Weekend_Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »

Just got invited to a friends house in the Keys this weekend.  Not going to be able to go to Corbit this weekend or next.  Man I miss RR.  I am going to try and get out there in three weeks.  If not maybe we can shoot for that weekend for Corbit.

04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »

Lets go to rr keep in touch later

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 11:06:44 PM »

i can only hope they change the utv rule in corbet.once again i see a very good hunting area on the chopping block of being trashed like holy lands.i camp and hunt in corbet 4 months out of the year. it is a very busy hunting WMA .yes i know the buggys tear thing up little bit but for the most we all stay on the numbed trails . unlike atvs and utvs(just look at holy lands from google earth) .i know everybody is gonna say its not them doing this,but i see most people doing this.you can bet that if your out there messing around off the main trails and mes up a guys hunting day(maybe the only one he is gonna get)your gonna have a big problem.I hunted holy  lands back about ten years ago.it was very nice area .on the weekends is was and nice and quiet and clean .now its a trash pit atv park.thats not what is supposed to be.thses are hunting areas that are being turned in ohv parks . i have ATVs and i live a mile away from corbit,but would rather not be allowed out there because i know it will be trased.there is nowhere a utv can go in corbit except the main grade and 1 trail for about 2 miles.i know this because i was out there Sunday setting my tree stand on my buggy. all trails have at least two to three feet of water.if anybody says different they are lying.so all your gonna do is ride down the main grade and get dirty looks form the hunters.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 10:56:08 AM »

We have a group that goes out in Rhino's, we stay on the numbered trails, we were out about a month a ago and had to turn around a few times...couple spots are VERY DEEP other than that yes you can see the hard pack sand bottom through the water.  We like it because there are no idiots tearing up the place, never see anyone else on the trails...except wildlife  Grin
We meet at the south entrance and go from there Wink

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 03:22:01 PM »

there is nowhere a utv can go in corbit except the main grade and 1 trail for about 2 miles.i know this because i was out there Sunday setting my tree stand on my buggy. all trails have at least two to three feet of water.if anybody says different they are lying.so all your gonna do is ride down the main grade and get dirty looks form the hunters.

This is mostly true but it depends on the UTV as to how far they can go. I was out there two weeks ago and just about every trail was under water. Mostly a foot or two deep with some deeper spots. Trail 6 was too deep, 5 got a bit over 3' deep but if your snorkeled you can make it through, Tomato grade has some deep spots some as deep as 4' but again if your snorkeled you'll make it, trail 3 is near impossible as 95% of it is under water and so spots are 5' or deeper.

As for the trashing of the place you better look at the buggies and trucks. It's pretty obvious all the trails being made off the numbered trails are from vehicles with more ground clearance than a UTV. We've gotten off track a couple of times on trail 4 because it was hard to follow the designated trail and they were all made by vechiles with wider tracks than our UTV's. We go out there every few weeks and other than our group have only seen one or two other UTV's even out there.

Let's not even get into the trash problem out there. Lots of kids go out there with a case of beer and leave the cans along the trails in big piles. I know because I was out there with another UTV owner earlier this year on the clean up day picking them all up.

Fact is they need more ranger patrols out there otherwise people will just do what they want till the place is closed down to all. 

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
Rare Earth Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 09:36:51 PM »

Matt1969 I don't think we will have any problem with ATVs because there not aloud out there and you say you camp out there 4 months and hunt where take a bath in the ditch J/K so what do we do with the land the other 8 months out the year don't you think other people should be able to use the land besides hunters there are lots of places to hunt in Fla. like three lakes for one I don't want to sound like a smart A-- but I think we need more places to ride because if we don't there will be a lot of good people paying fines and going to jail for riding in the wrong places and also just a reminder I have lived and hunted all my life in Fla. and paid taxes in Fla. for 51 years its my land too later Big T.

Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »

all i can say is. look at holy lands.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

all i can say is. look at holy lands.

Yeah, what of it? You are complaining about BUGGY tracks my friend. That is what you see on google earth.

SFWMD needs to give the three million new people coming here water to drink. THAT is what these 'improvements' (LMFAO) are about.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Justbilly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »

SFWMD needs to give the three million new people coming here water to drink.

Shoot me know!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com