Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT REJET  (Read 10569 times)
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:37:58 PM »

MY CARB AFTER REMOVING BAFFLE IN MY YZ450F EXHUAST?
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »

If it needs the jet and you dont use it....It will run like crap.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »

lean out, pre-detonate, over heat, come apart
 Nothing to serious though
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »

haha
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »

The quad explodes in a fiery inferno, not to worry you though.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »

HAHA..TOO BAD A YZ450F ISNT A QUAD..HAHA..U SHOOD KNOW THIS "QUADRACER" Kiss
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 10:34:35 PM »

I thought he was talking about yfz450. I read it quick, besides, this is ATVFlorida.com

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
SlowJoeRacing

~~JOSEPH~~ SLOW-JOE-RACING

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 10:35:53 PM »

I thought he was talking about yfz450. I read it quick, besides, this is ATVFlorida.com
anthony u do not know what u are talking about.

~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 10:37:19 PM »

Never mind. Stop nagging the guy selling his quad, now hes got me in your argument. I like honda, yamaha, and suzuki.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »

HAHA..DONT WORRY GUYS ITS OK..HAHA
anarion55

Sportbike Scum & Inadvertant ATV Stuntman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

Seriously, in regard to ANY properly set up 4 stroke carbureted engine:

If you increase the air-flow through the mill (by a low restriction exhaust and/or intake), then you are creating a LEAN condition (as opposed to running rich). An engine that runs lean tends to run hotter than normal, even though it might be making more power.

Severity of the consequences depends on just how lean it gets; a very lean mix will indeed cause pinging (detonation) and eventual engine failure. Simply removing the baffle shouldn't make that happen, but it might be a good idea to compare the exhaust gas temp before & after pulling the baffle.

Personally, I always rejet when changing the exhaust & intake; the results are SO much better than just doing one or the other.

Tony

Shut up and hang on.

Tony

Kawasaki KFX400, ZX-9r
Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »

What YOU want to do, from what it sounds like is, save some money and get a lil extra hp and noise without having to spring for an aftermarket pipe.

I don't think you have to worry about it blowing up (although, it is a Yamaha, but I assume every Yamaha rider expects their bike to blow up anyway * Shoulda bought a Honda.) so putting that aside for second, you can run it without the baffle and see how it performs.

BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE BAFFLE and run it...check the spark plug. Then compare the coloration of the spark plug before and after you remove the baffle to see if you're running way lean. (I'm gonna assume you're not a total tool like Quad32x, and realize that you have to ride the quad for about 20 minutes before you check the sparkplug. The spark plug color will not change just by removing the baffle.)

ALSO, make sure you got a fresh batch of oil in that engine just to be on the safe side.

The packing from the stock pipe isn't really enough to make THAT much of a difference.

DON'T REMOVE THE AIRBOX LID without rejetting!!!!

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »

Don't listen to Captain The Morgan. He's got an extra chromosome and is about one grape short of a fruit salad.

BAD NEWS FIRST:

REMOVING THE BAFFLE and AIRBOX lid can damage your motor severely if you do not rejet!

GOOD NEWS:

If you just want a LITTLE FUN and a LITTLE MORE POWER once in a while, it is ok to remove JUST the baffle, plus it sounds cool.

This will give you about 2-3 more horsepower, and you should easily beat stock 450's the engine is breathing a bit better.

If you also lift the seat and remove the airbox lid you will get 3 more hp also, now you MUST rejet.

Buy the GYTR JET KIT and put the 45 pilot, the 168 MAIN JET in the quad and you should do all right.

To do even better follow the jetting instructions for the needle and put the needle on clip #4 or #5.

Put the airscrew on 1.5 turns.

So, lets review...

REMOVE BAFFLE - REJET NOT NECESSARY.

REMOVE AIR BOX LID AND BAFFLE - REJET IS NECESSARY.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 11:49:20 PM »

sounds great! thanx for all the help everyone!..and im assuming the engine is the same in the YFZ(QUAD) as in my YZ450F(BIKE)? thanx-josh
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 01:18:10 AM »

What YOU want to do, from what it sounds like is, save some money and get a lil extra hp and noise without having to spring for an aftermarket pipe.

I don't think you have to worry about it blowing up (although, it is a Yamaha, but I assume every Yamaha rider expects their bike to blow up anyway * Shoulda bought a Honda.) so putting that aside for second, you can run it without the baffle and see how it performs.

BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE BAFFLE and run it...check the spark plug. Then compare the coloration of the spark plug before and after you remove the baffle to see if you're running way lean. (I'm gonna assume you're not a total tool like Quad32x, and realize that you have to ride the quad for about 20 minutes before you check the sparkplug. The spark plug color will not change just by removing the baffle.)

ALSO, make sure you got a fresh batch of oil in that engine just to be on the safe side.

The packing from the stock pipe isn't really enough to make THAT much of a difference.

Don't listen to Captain The Morgan. He's got an extra chromosome and is about one grape short of a fruit salad.

BAD NEWS FIRST:

REMOVING THE BAFFLE and AIRBOX lid can damage your motor severely if you do not rejet!

GOOD NEWS:

If you just want a LITTLE FUN and a LITTLE MORE POWER once in a while, it is ok to remove JUST the baffle, plus it sounds cool.

This will give you about 2-3 more horsepower, and you should easily beat stock 450's the engine is breathing a bit better.

If you also lift the seat and remove the airbox lid you will get 3 more hp also, now you MUST rejet.

Buy the GYTR JET KIT and put the 45 pilot, the 168 MAIN JET in the quad and you should do all right.

To do even better follow the jetting instructions for the needle and put the needle on clip #4 or #5.

So, lets review...

IT HAS NO AIRBOX LID!!!!!!! ITS A DIRTBIKE!!!!!! and yes, removing the baffle should be fine. i have a 96 XR400 and it has had no problems with the baffle removed. you can rejet it and get a new airfilter to make a lil more power and get it tweaked to run absolutely perfect but its not necessary.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »

BAD NEWS FIRST:

GOOD NEWS:

So, lets review...

IT HAS NO AIRBOX LID!!!!!!! ITS A DIRTBIKE!!!!!! and yes, removing the baffle should be fine. i have a 96 XR400 and it has had no problems with the baffle removed. you can rejet it and get a new airfilter to make a lil more power and get it tweaked to run absolutely perfect but its not necessary.

Homeschool, what are you doing up at 1 am? I'm gonna tell your parents.

I thought he was talking about a quad. I wouldn't even know how to turn a dirtbike on, so disregard my post.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
iluvmuddin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »

how do ya'll know all this stuff? 

i am so impressed with the replys to these questions.....i am reading as many as i can hopeing to learn some stuff....i would understand alot better if i could see what youre talking about....

i am going to snorkle my eiger and i'll take it in to the dealer to get it re-jetted...its only $160.00, but they keep it for a few days....is it a big deal to do this yourself? i am not going to attempt it i am just asking....

Rebecca
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 09:16:40 AM »

i am so impressed with the replys to these questions.....i am reading as many as i can hopeing to learn some stuff....i would understand alot better if i could see what youre talking about....

i am going to snorkle my eiger and i'll take it in to the dealer to get it re-jetted...its only $160.00, but they keep it for a few days....is it a big deal to do this yourself? i am not going to attempt it i am just asking....

Rebecca

I will re-jet it for that price...LOL

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
iluvmuddin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 09:23:50 AM »

Joe...now i am starting to believe you are just a tease.....but i told you when ever your ready!!!

i'm serious damn it!!

Rebecca
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »

Answer your pm's....jeez

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »

Rebecca

$160!!!!!!!!!!! thats outrageous. the kit cost $40-$50! id try to find a friend that could help or something. the instructions that dynojet sends are really good and have good pics. give it a try.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »

BAD NEWS FIRST:

GOOD NEWS:

So, lets review...

Homeschool, what are you doing up at 1 am? I'm gonna tell your parents.

I thought he was talking about a quad. I wouldn't even know how to turn a dirtbike on, so disregard my post.

maybe you shouldnt be up at 8:00pm. you cant read when it gets past your bed time can ya?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com