Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for him to upgrade!!!  (Read 7563 times)
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »

Xtreme TY 125 4 stroke. InYourDraft2000 will be getting one for his son next.

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=215403

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=215402

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=215404

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=215405

Man this lil 4 stroke sounds good.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:16:29 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are gonna be super dad when that boy gets home and sees that thing....
Now If I can just sell one of my quads that are posted in the 4 sale section I will buy one for my son...
I like the video walk around to Rob, you crack me up bro.....lmbo

Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 11:41:40 PM »

What is it ?? type of bike is it looks cool
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 05:42:32 AM »

Man those little bikes are awesome, I always looked down on the being I see them at costco all the time, yet I saw a buddies son ripping with one n the track. Great little bikes. Your kids gonna love it!
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »

Yeah, the bike at Costco and this one are a bit different. In terms of some of the motor components and the chassis. The seat height on the Costco bike is about 6-7 inches higher as well. The company that makes this bike (Xtreme) is making changes for the overall better performance of the bike and this is a updated version. They're both good setups from what I've seen and witnessed. This bike hauls with my 190 pd arse on top of it and the suspension feels very plush to be stock Thumbs Up . My son has already gotten faster in his cornering with just one ride.

What is it ?? type of bike is it looks cool

It's a Xtreme Typhoon 125. They started making them in 2006 as a TRUE race bike off the showroom floor for minis. But they were having some issues with some things not holding up to the MX pounding. They made changes (Frame, Tranny, Oil cooler, etc...) I didn't get my son off of it until 9:30 last nite (LOL)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:54:58 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

koh0001

#119 - Old & Slow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:02:03 PM »

Sweet, Make sure you show us some of those AIR pictures when you get them. Wink

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 08:03:14 AM »

Hell, I'd ride that!! I hope I can do something like that to my Jaida'a D.R.R.50 one day so she can make all the boys look bad.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »

Nice machine. Xtreme makes a good product your son will be happy with it. If he is going to do MX need to get better shocks those shock look cool but dont hold up well.

Congrats ride safe.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 07:58:50 PM »

Hey Bigworm, what weight oil would you recommend for the D.R.R. 50? And where the heck is the air filter on these things. Does anybody have a service manual with a little more information on them?
   Give me a call. (727)204-0883  Chino
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:07:31 PM »

Here is a riding vid. Because he's so small he's having problems chaning gears with his feet. He has the concept down but just not strong enough at this time. He has to lean down and put the bike into gear with his hand. The bike has 4 gears and here he's rounding a corner and taking off in 3rd. I'm pretty impressed by the power with everything being stock on it in terms of HP. Towards the end as he gets pass the truck you can see him shake his hands b/c of the stiff throttle. He was doing this every lap and this throttle was stiffer than my YFZ's is. I WD40'd it and it loosened it up quite a bit. He now does lap after lap and doesn't have that problem anymore.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 11:10:52 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

Doritos660R

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:52:31 PM »

i think an automatic APEX would fix'er right up! Wink Thumbs Up
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »

Hey Bigworm, what weight oil would you recommend for the D.R.R. 50? And where the heck is the air filter on these things. Does anybody have a service manual with a little more information on them?
   Give me a call. (727)204-0883  Chino
CHino, the air filter is under the oil injector tank in a black plastic box. You have to pull the tank out or up out of the way. Follow the tube coming from the carb. I replaced that filter about a month before you got it. Do yourself a favor & get a uni filter pt#4152 or #4154 I think. Go to herchee atv on the internet, they built them for drr back then in 2002.
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 04:36:26 PM »

Cool little quads. Wish I had one of them when I was little.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 07:36:34 PM »

my friend bought one for his kid. the extreme90 version in orange. which is the same just smaller displacement. he only rides it mx. has had it less than a year and the right side nerf broke off, had to change the ignition box,rejet the carb, put a clamp on the top of the steering stem bushing and lastly broke/cracked the frame where the top engine bolt goes. all these things happened at the track which is an hour drive each way. it is out of warranty so he is stuck with a piece of junk. lucky for him he is going to bring it to my house so i can reweld and gusset the entire frame--free. do not mean to ruin your party, please just check and recheck that bike BEFORE he rides on any track.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »

I've heard there were problems with the frames breaking and such from MX riding. Most peeps that I've been chatting with said the regusseted the bike b/c of this to eliminate that problem from the jump. My son won't be catching any air off of this bike. It'll be trail riding and field riding with other kids. He got a chance to ride with Dreth's son Ryan yesterday on an Apex 90 and the bike is a little under powered compared the the Apex. But it's also completely stock. Once I add a pipe, unrestrict the airfilter, and change the gearing there's no doubt it'll run with the Apex. We also fixed a couple of issues so my son would be more comfortable riding the bike. Repositioned the shift lever (now he shifts through the gears with no problem) and shortened the throttle spring and it alot lighter to pull (now he doesn't get thumb pump).

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »

Hey Rob, next time you guys set up a ride for the kids, let me know if you dont mind. My boy is 8 & rides a drx90(stock) & would love to meet more riding buddies. I live near Plant City.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »

that thing is awesome! he's gotta be a happy kid!!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

Hey Rob, next time you guys set up a ride for the kids, let me know if you dont mind. My boy is 8 & rides a drx90(stock) & would love to meet more riding buddies. I live near Plant City.

I sure will  Wink  . We have a nice lil track near my house in an open field. The land owner lets a few of us ride it. Myself, Dreth, Inyourdraft2000, and about 5 others were out there racing 2 lap motos this past saturday. It has a couple of small jumps, some highspeed corners, medium speed corners, and tight ones, also has some nice straights to air it out a bit. The kids rode the track in between our rest periods and got their race on as well. Here's some vid of my son riding behind my house. He's  shifting alil slow but alot better than he was. And yes... HE LOVES THE BIKE  Wink

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:07:27 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »

I sure will  Wink  . We have a nice lil track near my house in an open field. The land owner lets a few of us ride it. Myself, Dreth, Inyourdraft2000, and about 5 others were out there racing 2 lap motos this past saturday. It has a couple of small jumps, some highspeed corners, medium speed corners, and tight ones, also has some nice straights to air it out a bit. The kids rode the track in between our rest periods and got their race on as well. Here's some vid of my son riding behind my house. He's  shifting alil slow but alot better than he was. And yes... HE LOVES THE BIKE  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUe417bN7Bw

Cool video,   We all need to get the kids together and ride. We all talk about it but need to set it in stone. Maybe hard rock or a TT race or any suggestions.  We have Chuck norris  sons DRR at the shop doing a little somthing to it now but will be out soon so we could get all the kids together. 

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 10:07:24 PM »

I thought that we were going to plan a trip down to the Praire?

JayZ400

http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/index.html

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 11:36:24 PM »

Hey Rob nice looking bike we definately need to get all the minis together and let them ride. I think you will have to do some sort of motor work to keep up with the APEX. Ryans bike is stock as well and are the new bikes frame gusseted if not might be something to consider, I know we had to gusset our 06 APEX just as a safety issue. The main thing is that your kid is having fun thats what this sport is all about riding with friends and having fun. Ride safe hope to meet up with you guys and let the kids ride.

For all you Mini Quad performance parts, and mods
http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/
Your Apex Dealer
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 09:09:48 AM »

Thanx JayZ! Actually, I don't think that much needs to be done to the Typhoone to keep up with the Apex. Once a pipe and bigger filter is added that's going to help this motor nicely. And considering that the 1st gear is so short I'm going to go to a bigger frong sprocket and it'll make for a longer and more useful 1st gear as well as more top end speed. This bike has NO problem roosting out of turns in 4th gear with my 190 pound arse on it (lol). I'm not trying to say it'll outrun the Apex, only that it'll make it more competitive with the Apex. I readjusted the front and rear suspension to somewhat level the bike off. The rearend was a bit too high and now it's alot better. He's not extended quite like he was earlier. There have been some modifying to the frame but only time will tell if the problem is fixed. Don't think they gusseted the frame, just made the weld points alot more sturdy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com