Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wife's New Ride. DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT LEAF LICKERS.  (Read 9264 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2007, 11:04:43 PM »

Won't see the gas station much anymore. 50-60mpg Was driving down HWY 27 tonight at 50mph and got it to stay between 75-85mpg for about 3 miles. From the entrance of our apartment complex to our parking spots is about .5miles. It never even starts up the gas engine, just usues electric. I am amazed at the technology on this car, HID lights, TouchScreen Audio & A/C Controls, Bluetooth handsfree phone system, Backup camera.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:21:47 PM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
quadracer1992
Supreme Member

***Anthony*** **FF+J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 11:08:07 PM »

It looks great too.

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »

My neighbor just traded his Porsche for one.  He is a doctor down in Tampa and needed something with better gas mileage and its a great car.  My opinion is you can't beat a Honda or Toyota.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 11:13:33 PM »

Not big on Foriegn cars, but WAY TO GO!!! Stick it to the oil companies!  Evil
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 11:16:16 PM »

It is amazing how much the mileage varies though, if I drive it like I drive all the other cars it only gets about 34-35 in town. There is a special way to drive this car that causes the mileage to go way up. Kinda weird gettin used to, but its fun to see how high you can get the mileage, like a video game.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 11:18:05 PM »

Still 35mpg is really good. 

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 07:14:59 AM »

Can I get that in a pick-em-up truck?

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
KB

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:20:15 AM »

I bet they will have trucks out before long, my truck gets about 13 in town, I been trying to not run A/C as much to save gas.

NICE CAR , nothin like the smell of a brand new car.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:30:40 AM »

yeah I'm waiting for a truck version that can tow 8K pounds, then I'm buying one.

my leaf-lickin boss has one of those, same color and everything and I've riden in it a few times,,,,he drives like a maniac but still gets about 40-45mpg so he says and he drives it mostly highway.

I keep getting car-sick because I kept watching the little screen that tells you where the power is going :-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »

the problem with these car is when it runs out of warratny it will cost alot to fix the battery cell costs over 3000.00 + you need someone that knows how to fix them The Dealer $$$$ you will need a loan its a lot to spend to save alittle in gas time will tell good luck
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »

the problem with these car is when it runs out of warratny it will cost alot to fix the battery cell costs over 3000.00 + you need someone that knows how to fix them The Dealer $$$$ you will need a loan its a lot to spend to save alittle in gas time will tell good luck

Thats a pretty big misconception about hybrids. The current price for the battery cell is about $2300. I can think of a lot of other parts that cost more than that. They also have an 8year/120,000mile warranty.

Now, if you just assume gas will stay at the same price for the entire 8 years, look at this. We spent $240/month in fuel on her Explorer. Based on the fuel mileage we are gettin now we will spend about $60-70 a month in the Prius. Figure $180/month savings over the 8year warranty span and you get $17,280. If gas goes up so do my figures, so it's a win win situation. But the $17280 I will save will more than makeup for a $2300 battery pack.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 09:28:40 AM »

I keep getting car-sick because I kept watching the little screen that tells you where the power is going :-)

Id@

Thank god I don't get carsick, but I can see a few accidents happening from watching it, lol.

anarion55

Sportbike Scum & Inadvertant ATV Stuntman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »

Our 2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison diesel gets 18 mpg combined (when not towing the toy hauler).

As for the Prius - I rode in a friend's; the technology is interesting, and it's fun around town, but it doesn't have a lot of oomph for high-speed passing. I also find the silence (it's VERY quiet) unsettling, and that big ol' TV display showing which motor is routing power to/from whichever to be VERY distracting.

Tony

Shut up and hang on.

Tony

Kawasaki KFX400, ZX-9r
KB

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 08:04:28 PM »

That car will pay for itself in what your saving for gas vs. the truck for sure.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 09:21:19 PM »

How much did you save on the sticker price?  another good thing is, it's good for the environment because it burns less fuel. SAVE THE TREE'S!! Does it come with all around air bags? I saw one in a car crash...it was not pretty at all.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 09:52:20 PM »

Hey:

Nice going, Hippie! It should save you plenty of money when you travel around the country following the Greatful Dead. How long before you get tie die seat covers?

I'll make sure I keep an eye out for it at the next Rainbow Gathering, ya tree huggin, granola eating, dread lock having, psychedlic drug taking, cheech and chong wannabee!

Looks like we lost another one to the dark side. How long before you trade your ATV for a... (insert hippie device of your choice here)?

You people disgust me!

Peace! Ying & Yang  (NOTE TO MODERATOR, WE NEED A BETTE HIPPIE EMOTICON)

I wish they'd bring back LEADED GAS just to spite you.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:54:42 PM by UncleRico » Logged

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

Michael row your boat ashore....lol Ying & Yang
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 10:29:59 PM »

Hey:

cheech and chong wannabee!

Hey you leave cheech and chong out of this.

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »

Congrats on the new ride
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:47:42 PM »

Congrats on the new ride

Thanks! I think I found the only vehicle with higher mileage that the Jetta TDI we originally wanted. Now I am labeled a Hippy Treehugger, shoulda stuck with the TDI and chopped off the emissions control stuff, lol.

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »

Hey Jesus Sandals...

Do you live in Carlton Arms?

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 09:36:38 AM »

Hey Jesus Sandals...

Do you live in Carlton Arms?

I knew it was you that keeps slashing my tires!!!

There is always glitter around the truck afterwards and the camera is only picking up some fat guy in a pink tutu. I tried to tell them it was you, but they were scared to go after you and be attacked by the seals.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:46:31 AM by Bigscrb15 » Logged

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

Enjoy your new ride...even if it doesn't have a place on the dash to put flowers!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
  It made me want to buy one for my wife, so I can siffen the gas for my Tahoe when I run out.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:48:33 AM by ScratchupBangupBoy » Logged
KB

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »

Enjoy your new ride...even if it doesn't have a place on the dash to put flowers!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
  It made me want to buy one for my wife, so I can siffen the gas for my Tahoe when I run out.

Hey Chino, hows that new job working out for you ?
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »

I'm already looking into a company that cleans yachts in the water using dive gear. The other job required me to have a bigger truck. The majority of their pulls were big boats. My truck has a weight limit of 5000 lbs. It's good money, but the big trucks are too expensive for me. The wife wasn't very happy with me being gone for so long either.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com