Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Typhoon 125 mini quads (a go or a blow)  (Read 4786 times)
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2007, 07:28:18 PM »

Was looking at an Xtreme Mini Quad (Typhoon 124 4 stroke) Saturday for my son.....
Was liking the price but wondered if there were any owners that would spill the beans on this thing,
I like the fact that its a 4 stroke and The guy in my town selling them got on one and ripped up a few donuts and I was impressed w/ its power......
So Far I like the DRR 90 but this thing looks pretty cool, looking for some feedback.
                                                                                             Thanks Wink

pk250

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »

FOR A BACK YARD BEATER OR TRAIL RIDING IT WOULD BE OK BUT AS FA R AS A RACE QUAD IT LACKS SO MUCH ALTHOUGH THERE ARE PLENTY OF ISSUES WITH THESE TYPHOONS , I HAVENT TALKED TO A SATISFIED OWNER AS OF YET , YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE TO GET A DRR MUCH BETTER PLATFORM TO START FROM
mx22

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 05:00:10 PM »

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK.  If thats the route  your going don't buy new, there are plenty of new used ones out there people are trying to get out of their shop.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:03:58 AM »

Was looking at an Xtreme Mini Quad (Typhoon 124 4 stroke) Saturday for my son.....
Was liking the price but wondered if there were any owners that would spill the beans on this thing,
I like the fact that its a 4 stroke and The guy in my town selling them got on one and ripped up a few donuts and I was impressed w/ its power......
So Far I like the DRR 90 but this thing looks pretty cool, looking for some feedback.
                                                                                             Thanks Wink

I bought mine for my son at PEP Boys. I got it for a super price. The dealer did a poor job tightening up the bolts and general assembly. I ended up welding the steering stem to get the slack out and loctiting every bolt. Since then its been great.

It has a good Honda engine in it and he has thrashed on it and nothing has broken yet. It is a 4 speed auto clutch so it really gets off the line well and I think would make a great little racer. Xtreme motor company has a ton of aftermarket goodies for it but I have left ours stock. It is impressive, I would buy one again for the $1500 I paid (out the door) for it.  Thumbs Up

I think it is a great buy, although you might want to upgrade to the stiffer springs for big airtime. My son weighs 75lbs., I just tightened the springs and it works great for him.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:12:49 AM »

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK.  If thats the route  your going don't buy new, there are plenty of new used ones out there people are trying to get out of their shop.

Someone is misinformed! This little bike for the money is THE BEST setup you can get. I got the new updated version with the oil cooler from Xtreme which has a different tranny than the Costco, Pepboys bike. There's even a more reliable tranny and some other small upgrades than the first released Typhoons. I paid for $1926 OTD for mine. The bike is 42 inches, comes with Carlisle (ITP Type) tires 19's front and 18's rear, and ITP rims. The only thing that was junk on the bike from start were those weak heel gaurds as they're not very strong and will fall off over time and the foot pegs are made of a thick plastic. The thumb throttle was a bit stiff for my son but Myself, Dreth, and Inyourdraft fixed that and it's almost as soft as a DRR now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:15:20 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 10:04:37 AM »

Ride1Rob,

I agree, you would have to be a dealer for another brand not to love this little bike. Luke(My son) has rode this bike Hard and nothing has broken. The heel guards are holding up, but I went and welded them on because the bolts were left loose by the dealer and one snagged on a log he was crossing.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »

Ride1Rob,

I agree, you would have to be a dealer for another brand not to love this little bike. Luke(My son) has rode this bike Hard and nothing has broken. The heel guards are holding up, but I went and welded them on because the bolts were left loose by the dealer and one snagged on a log he was crossing.

Wish I knew how to weld  Undecided  . (lol) I just snatched his off.  I'll just end up on upgrading to some AC's or something alil later. Scott, I was skeptical at first. Dreth told me he asked someone about the bike and they told him it was junk also. But he did say the guy was a DRR or Apex dealer. I got the bike and Dreth brought Ryan up here on his Apex and another lil kid on Ryan old LT80. The only thing the Apex has on the the Typhoon is a tad bit more power throughout. Not much! But it is a lil more powerful. But at the same time, a 125 4 stroke isn't in the same class as a 90cc 2 stroke. I think it'd have to be bumped up to a 140/150 for them to be comparable. Handling wise between the Apex and the Typhoon. They are relatively even. The Typhoon stock just sits a lil low on the front and high in the rear. But I adjusted my sons and it sits level now. As far as the LT80, power wise I'd say they are about the same. and that's with Dreth having motor work on the LT80. With a pipe, filter, and maybe a piston this bike would run away from the LT80 (with mods). But handling wise.... IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE! The Typhoon is hands down the better handling bike. Dreth and Inyourdraft was impressed how the Typhoon compared to the Apex and the LT80. Dreth even said himself that if he would have had the chance to do it all over again he may have gotten the Typhoon 125.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:35:58 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com