Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help...  (Read 4356 times)
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

well my recons in the shop again and they said the engine needs rebuilt to do the rebuild and bore it 5 over there charging $1100 is this outrageous or should i get the work done there  Huh

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:06:29 PM »

Hey I don't personally know, I will try and check around and see if I hear of anything though....

Good Luck...

Personally, it does sound high though....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
qt314nfla

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:29:44 PM »

Ask ATP or Toy Doctor they might have an answer for you.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:32:03 PM »

take the $1100.00 bucks and put it into a new bike.....you deserve one anyway.... Wink

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:43:01 PM »

Do we have a list of shop owners who support this site?

Can someone post the link if so.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 01:00:10 AM »

thanx it also needs new brakes roughly $250 so im kinda pissed cuz ive only rode it 3x and i bought it from a mechanic hear in town who said it was in good shape Angry Angry

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 01:04:55 AM »

thanx it also needs new brakes roughly $250 so im kinda pissed cuz ive only rode it 3x and i bought it from a mechanic hear in town who said it was in good shape Angry Angry

dont take anyones word! cant trust people these days. id take it to champions or at least ask them first. id trust them over that little shack on grissom. that sounds way too high. theres a lil place in melbourne that does great work. they did the clutch, top end, and water pump on a CR for us for $800. ill try to find their card. dont let cocoa motorworks touch it yet. give me a call.

p.s. when we goin fishin?
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »

i know the feelin dude. i bought my warrior thinkin it was in good shape and i had to fix so much crap on it...the dude didnt change the oil filter, the back brakes dont work, it needed a new battery/spark plug and it needed all the stuff to be greased. i guess you have to check evvverything out before you buy.

but as for advice i would just say look around and get quotes from diff. shops
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 05:38:41 AM »

well my recons in the shop again and they said the engine needs rebuilt to do the rebuild and bore it 5 over there charging $1100 is this outrageous or should i get the work done there  Huh

That is not a bad price! Just did the exact same thing to my sons 350 rancher and also new brakes/cylinders up front (Camden Motorsports Ga.) I know a lot of folks may say you can get the work done a lot cheaper from joe blow or a buddy but remember if you have problems with the rebuild a reputable dealership will stand behind thier work and if they don't you can take legal steps to get satisfaction....you won't be able to do that if its worked on in somebodies backyard. 
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 02:23:09 PM »

That is not a bad price! Just did the exact same thing to my sons 350 rancher and also new brakes/cylinders up front (Camden Motorsports Ga.) I know a lot of folks may say you can get the work done a lot cheaper from joe blow or a buddy but remember if you have problems with the rebuild a reputable dealership will stand behind thier work and if they don't you can take legal steps to get satisfaction....you won't be able to do that if its worked on in somebodies backyard. 

the place its at is not a reputable dealer. its a lil shack that sells bikes on consignment and has a shop too. its only been there for 1-2 years. i personally would take it to the honda shop. might be a lil more but it will be better work. is that price for a bottom end and top end or what?
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »

Sell it ....Take 1100.00 Buy a New Bike
ananomaly

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

Just did a top end on my eiger for 700.00 Spaceport cycles Titusville.  Cry   Wink

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »

i know thats a 4x4 but i had my banshee bord and new wiseco pistons, a new chain, a new sprocket, for $415 and it runs like  a champ, i just put over 100 miles on this rebuild and i cant complain

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »

Is it a top end rebuild or are they splitting the cases? For example, if you brought me a quad that needed a top end rebuild only, no porting or performance work, it would be 320.00 for the labor plus parts. Thats 280.0 to R&R the top end and 40.00 to bore the cylinder. Assuming the only parts needed are top end gaskets and a piston, I would guess the parts to be around 175.00 at most.

If they are splitting the cases then that is a whole different ball game.....

Are they charging you an hourly rate or flat rate? If it is hourly, what is the rate?
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »

Is it a top end rebuild or are they splitting the cases? For example, if you brought me a quad that needed a top end rebuild only, no porting or performance work, it would be 320.00 for the labor plus parts. Thats 280.0 to R&R the top end and 40.00 to bore the cylinder. Assuming the only parts needed are top end gaskets and a piston, I would guess the parts to be around 175.00 at most.

If they are splitting the cases then that is a whole different ball game.....

Are they charging you an hourly rate or flat rate? If it is hourly, what is the rate?

That's kinda hot when a girl talks about porting and top ends.   Nerd

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 09:48:17 PM »

take the $1100.00 bucks and put it into a new bike.....you deserve one anyway.... Wink

Bingo!!! treat yourself brother, you only live once Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com