Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flattrack racing.  (Read 5258 times)
Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2007, 06:08:46 PM »

I'm not trying to infringe on you guys forum, just trying to see iof anybody would be interested in coming and racing with us on the 28th of July. We're going to come down there and race after we get done with our series in September & since yall aren't running in July I figured I would issue this challenge. If anybody has any questions I will be at the Thunderbowl on the 30th of June, to see what we would be up against.

Just letting everybody know that we ars starting a racing series here in Alabama on July the 21st at Thundervalley Speedway in Winfield Alabama.
A.F.Q.C.S.

I am also issueing an open challenge to anyone who can outrun me or my fellow racer Kris at Columbus Speedway( The Baddest Bullring In the South) on July the 28th.If you get 1st place you get a 150% payback depending on the # of quads there & I will personally give you another $100.00 for finishing 1st. ANY TAKERS!!!!  Wink Wink

Alabama Quad Flattrack Championship Series
07 Stock Class Champion &
Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Soonsored by: http://www.techquadshop.com/
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:29:49 PM »

I would say.... if that wasnt 9 hrs from Ocala...... we would run up there to check it out, but thats a heck of a drive. Is that the only track yall race at? Are there any others closer to FL?

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
sykolincoln
Supreme Member

save money on tires! ride a trike!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 08:04:54 PM »

370 miles for me, alittle to far for me as well and would trikes be able to run anyway?

3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 11:35:16 PM »

Do you guys have a website or do those tracks have a website? I'm interested in coming up and my guess is a few others may be too, possibly also a feller that lives in Tallahassee since I'd be passing his place on the way to the track. What size track is the Winfield track? What size is the Columbus track? What are your rules? How many heats? How many laps in each heat and feature?Post more info if possible.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:50:47 PM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »

I know of a guy with a black truck and a little black 250R who would come up for that.
I'd bet Todd would bring Bud and Travis too.
Give us some more details.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

....Yeah I know a guy in Tallahassee who'd be game with that  Wink. I hope you'll be bringing the RV Dave, I'll pitch in with the gas. That's too long of a ride to not be able to take turns sleeping.   Grin

Bamaquad,

I looked it up on the net 3/8 mile track? Is that right. Also looks like red clay so I imagine it hooks up very well too.

.......Why don't you bring your quad since you'll be down at our home track on the 30th and you can run with us in our backyard too. We could use another in the Open class, we only had 5 in spite of 30+ quad entries.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »

I would say.... if that wasnt 9 hrs from Ocala...... we would run up there to check it out, but thats a heck of a drive. Is that the only track yall race at? Are there any others closer to FL?

Come on Hoosierdaddy, I'm driving to Ocala on the 30th just to watch you guys race, then driving back to Destin for vacation that week.

Here's the websites to the tracks and a link to the rules and classes. The trikes would be able to race with the quads.

http://alquad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=717

http://www.thundervalleyspeedway.net/

http://www.columbussspeedway.net/

Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 07:14:53 PM »

What size track is the Winfield track? What size is the Columbus track? What are your rules? How many heats? How many laps in each heat and feature?

I think that Winfield is a half mile, & Columbus is 3/8 of a mlie with banking like Talladege.

Heats depend on the # of quads & the features are 10 laps.

Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »

I forgot to tell you that we will get a 150% payback + trofhies with a 20 quad field. Got that covered!! Roll Eyes

Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 07:31:53 AM »

If we show up for one race, do we have to pay the $50.00 membership fee the AFQCS and the registration fee to the track?  Just curious.
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 07:43:21 AM »

i'm up for a road trip  Cool

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:35:57 AM »

If we show up for one race, do we have to pay the $50.00 membership fee the AFQCS and the registration fee to the track?

Just the track fee for one race.

If you just come to race you don't, but if you want to be scored you do.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 03:42:30 AM by Bamaquad » Logged

Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »

Bamaquad,

I was just checking out the links you posted and upon scrolling through your league rules section it became apparent to me your league "borrowed" our SFTL rules. On behalf of the SFTL I will personally say I am flattered but in section E regarding fighting your rules state that fighting with SFTL officials will not be tolerated, ya'll might want to change that part. Grin
                                             Dave

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »

http://alquad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=701

Dang....
   Yeah how about throwing the SFTL some cash since were the ones who spend days writing these out..... I say 5 bucks a head sounds right... Wink  Or better yet... since you swipped our rules and then now inviting members of the SFTL to the first race you are holding.... at least give the SFTL a plug on your end....  Undecided
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 01:47:39 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 05:53:47 PM »

Dang....
   Yeah how about throwing the SFTL some cash since were the ones who spend days writing these out..... I say 5 bucks a head sounds right...   Or better yet... since you swipped our rules and then now inviting members of the SFTL to the first race you are holding.... at least give the SFTL a plug on your end.... 

That's why I'm waiving the $50.00 entry fee to race with us. Grin

I started writing the rules and it occured to me that I had read some somewhere just about the way that I wanted them so I copied & pasted them & done a little modifying & evidently I must have missed a spot.O well it will be allright.Thanks for the rules guys, saved me a whole lot of time. Wink

I'll get a sticker when I come down this Saturday and put it on the big checks that I'm giving out for 1st place as an associate sponsor. Wink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 05:56:04 PM by Bamaquad » Logged

Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 07:24:38 PM »

That's why I'm waiving the $50.00 entry fee to race with us. Grin

That doesn't do squat for the SFTL as a whole.....
from my eyes... I feel it pretty cruddy that you start a league a few weeks ago, you take the SFTL rules right off the SFTL website and slap your name on it as if it was your ideas, you link into the SFTL forum and start soliciting league members for a race thats 10 hrs away and from reading your forum you only have 2 or 3 people interested. Especially when your making these promises of big payouts and big checks... I promise you if these guys drive that long and there is only a handful of racers.... they wont be happy.  I guess whats really irritating me is that we are 100% non-profit, everything we take in goes right back to the racers and for someone to plagiarize our stuff without so much as a "Courtesy of the Southern Flat Track League" on the bottom of the rules really burns me when Im here sqeezing every dime to have a decent banquet...

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:29:32 PM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

Bamaquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 04:20:10 AM »

Hoosier Daddy, I do apologize to you and your members for using your rules without permission & not saying a thanks. Everything just happened so quick that it just slipped my mind. I have editted the thread & gave thanks to the S.F.T.L for laying the ground work for the rules.It was never my intention to even get involved with starting a race series to begin with. I initailly told a bunch or racers up here about your forum & league & just wanted to load up & come down there & race a few weekends, then someone said why don't we start our own league here & race, & everything just esculated from there.With all the things that I have going on here I don't see how you keep up with all of it with the amount of classes and turnout that you have. From what I have read your guys respect you and I do also. Starting a racing league is something that I would never do on my own, but these guys wanted to try it and I was the one with all the hookups.
      I would have never asked your racers to come up here & race if I knew that they were racing down there on the 28th.It was said that there were no races planned for July so I figured that I would ask & see if some wanted to make the trip.The offer still stands & I am still going to make the 10 hour drive down just to watch.

AGAIN, I DO APOLOGIZE TO YOU & ALL YOUR MEMBERS.

Open Class Runner up.
06 727 Yamaha Raptor
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 06:17:17 AM »

Although I truly appreciate it, there is no apology needed. Just imagine spending days writing a paper for school and someone comes along...copys it, throws their name on it...or what if you wrote up a nice mission statement for your company and as your searching the internet you find your statement word for word on some other company's website... You would be a little annoyed to say the least... but again, thanks for the apology.

There is no SFTL races the 28th. Im sure Brady at Thunderbowl has something going on but the league is off the month of July. Even if there was a race, the racers are free to race where they choose. Hillkiller and I started the league for them not us.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com