Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: holyland for sport quads  (Read 22692 times)
hondarider450r

honda trx450r

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »

just wondering i am going to holy on sunday and wanted to know if anybody has been there and if its ok for sport bikes to ride? or is it to flooded and only for 4x4 quads?

'07 HONDA TRX450ER
papahouse

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:07:13 PM »

You can ride the levees other than tham I hear it is flooded and only 4x4 get through
CliffB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:29:53 AM »

I went by Friday afternoon and it was very wet!! I'm going to mac's.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »

Riding the levee's can be fun.  I just og out to have a good time and relax, so I'm not worried too much about the riding conditions.  I would definetly say go ou tthere and check it out.  We will be out there (me and 4x4matt)

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »

I went last nite and its wet you can find some small spots if you search but
pretty much it the levee
hwy raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

its very limited for the sport bikes, there is only so much you can do, Its a great place for the 4X4's. And just riding the levee gets boring after you ride up and down it twice.
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »

speed limit is 30mph on the levees
atvdude01

out here ridin!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »

ridin the levee gets pretty boring going 30 mph, there is some small spots that a sport quad can get thru

-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. www.myspace.com/crazy_b
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 11:02:31 PM »

who says u gotta stay at 30? u can go as fast as u want in the middle when no one is there just be safe and carfeull about it and dont hurt some else for drivving stupied and jusa dont get cought by fish and game

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Anoriginal

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 08:18:53 AM »

who says u gotta stay at 30? u can go as fast as u want in the middle when no one is there just be safe and carfeull about it and dont hurt some else for drivving stupied and jusa dont get cought by fish and game

Yeah, and you can rob banks too....just as long as you don't get caught.
 Huh Huh

And people wonder why the Holylands is in the process of being closed to ATV traffic. I sure hope everyone got their fill of this place. It's going to be missed by a lot of folks who actually respected it and did nothing to cause the closure.
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 09:09:30 PM »

u make it seem like u are mr perfect. i sure u speed in your car, had a few drinks and then drove, and evan ran a red light.ther are rules for everything we could ever do no matter where u go. atv ridding on leeve is not what is causing the closure i talked to some people and they are saying it is ruing the ground out in the swamp and causing wird animaql habbits not b/c u do 40mph where it says 30mph so before u go running your mouth bout beeing mr perfect think of how many rules u break a day (thats y u had to use the bank comment b/c u did not relize what little rules and laws u break daly witxh can hurt more people than speding at holylands. and evan if they close it i will stll ride there

2008 brute force 750

cg54329

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »

who cares , sh*t happens , speed is good just consider the riders around you, if its empty the hell with it ride it like you stole it, if anybody gets hurt its yourself
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 11:23:36 PM »

The problem with holy lands is not on the levees.  It's mainly on the south side.

From a helicopter view it looks like I-95 from all the pounded out trails.  When people are out there (buggies/atv's/airboats) they are scaring away wildlife.

Another problem is high/low water, the animals change their tendencies and they migrate to different areas.  High water, they go up to the levee, low water, they will be further out.  Either way, levee riding isn't doing any harm and it's deifnetly not the problem or the cause of holy lands being shut down.

BTW, the speed limit is 'new', so why did it take so long for it to come about? Couldn't have done much harm without it...holy lands isn't exactly a 'new' place. 

Last I heard from FWC, the speed limit was put there because of people 'wrecklessly driving their all terrain vehicles'.  It was definetly NOT why it was just shut down, and definetly NOT why it is going to be shut down next.  It's another reason to give people tickets and drive people out of the place. 

Most the problem (yes, this is from FWC) from the biologists point of view is the 'I-95-like' beaten down paths that run on the south side.  Thats what is making them want to shut down.  It changes animals habbits and 'draws the animals to do un-natural things'.  BTW, they are pretty close to shutting it down again, I wouldn't say for sure, but about 60 percent.  I would expect it to shut down within the month of August.  Thats just from an FWC officer, I believe it, but who knows...

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
Anoriginal

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 08:56:49 AM »

4x4Matt, you're exactly the type of person that gives the rest of us a bad name. Please, get your parents to sell you bike and buy you an x-box.

jrpro, your mistake was assuming I had no idea what I was talking about when in fact you're the one who's making stuff up out of the thin air. I've talked to the FWC and other organizations about the holylands. The only problem they're having out there is ATV's. That's why it's closing to ATV's only and not any other types of ORV. They are tired of the idiots flying up and down the levees, jumping levees, trespassing on provate property, harassing other visitors, and basically making asses out of themselves. This is just a cold hard fact.

As far as your comments about the impact on wildlife, you've obviously got no idea. Anytime you think you want to discuss actual facts on this issue, go ahead and open up with some data from the countless studies on ORV impact on wildlife in the Holylands/Everglades area. I've read them all, discussed them at length with many of the people involved and even participated in a few.

The speed limits are not new but they are more prominent now as a result of morons on ATVs. You're right in that it's a way for the FWC to give tickets, however, the speed limit was ALWAYS in place in Holylands. It has been in every WMA rule pamphlet ever published for the place. It was never a big issue until the influx of idiots on ATVs.

Here's the deal. We're getting ready to lose the Holylands to ATV use. It's not imagined, it's very real. This may be the last year we've got in the Holylands on anything but an airboat or buggy. The airboats and buggies will continue to be allowed because of the simple fact that they do not have the issues with the airboat and buggy owners that they do with the ATV crowd. I hate to say that, but it is a fact. Unfortunately, a small minority of jerks with zero respect for authority or an appreciation for the gift (not a right) of riding in the Holylands has now ruined it for the rest of us.

Next time you see one of those guys flying down the levee, spinning donuts in the parking areas, jumping a levee...etc., stop and thank him for getting us kicked out.
cg54329

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 10:52:07 AM »

screw it shut everything down I dont care, Florida sucks anyways, more reason to leave this sad, soggy, getting more expensive, more populated, more traffic, state.   They can shove holyland up their arses         anyways thats less work for FWC, they happy
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

Anorigional...your right, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I just make everything up Wink

I really could care less if you believe me.  Your not hurting my feelings.  The bottom line is that we are losing holy lands.

If you don't mind, I'd love to see some 'real' hard data on the impact on wildlife.  Everything I have heard from the biologists or FWC officers is that it is mainly ORV's that drive the animals out.  It's not a place made for ORV's, it's a place that just so happens to allow OHV use. 

What I said was straight from an FWC officer, I didn't make that up, and if you notice I said, 'Thats just from an FWC officer, I believe it, but who knows...'

IMO, buggies are just as bad as 4x4 atv's (not sports).  They make DEEP ruts and they tear the place up.  Thats what the biologists say the problem is.

People on the sports that are idiots should all not be allowed to ride there.  I ride up the levee, ride some trails, and come back.  I don't do doughnuts, I don't do wheelies in the parking lot, and I don't fly by people and piss them off...but I see a lot of people that do. 

In my eyes, the place is already gone.  That will make it 1 legal riding spot (Macs) in a 2hr radius of the tri-county area (not including tracks). 

We could go back and forth all day long, but the bottom line is that holy lands is getting shut down very soon.  I would expect them to blame it on 'high-water' and it's going to be in late August.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:25:35 PM by jrpro130 » Logged

08 Brute 750
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 07:19:33 PM »

Here's the deal. We're getting ready to lose the Holylands to ATV use. It's not imagined, it's very real. This may be the last year we've got in the Holylands on anything but an airboat or buggy. The airboats and buggies will continue to be allowed because of the simple fact that they do not have the issues with the airboat and buggy owners that they do with the ATV crowd. I hate to say that, but it is a fact. Unfortunately, a small minority of jerks with zero respect for authority or an appreciation for the gift (not a right) of riding in the Holylands has now ruined it for the rest of us.

Next time you see one of those guys flying down the levee, spinning donuts in the parking areas, jumping a levee...etc., stop and thank him for getting us kicked out.

Where does this information come from?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
cg54329

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »

a little bird told him
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »

hey mr a****** who dont belong having a atv go get back in your lexus or what ever u drive put yr tie back on and go sit in your office job. b/c if they shut down holylands to atv riders well u no what that means i will build a buggy/air boat/ and or full track drive by your hosue and rub it in while u have nothing todo i will be out in holylands. then i will pull my atv off spin dounuts in the street. i wish i cold see u broke down or stuck out there b/c all i would do is stop graba ice cold beer laugh and speed away and not tell anyone u are stuck . u must be one of those idoits you see on a comercial for buying a new atv wearing full gear and all the other crap u dont need most of the time if u dont like whats going on out there at holylands pretend it all ready shut down and dont go b/c its people like you that will get the place shut down we go out there for fun no to be told what to do by some like u that dont no how to have fun so u do your thing i do mine and the next persone does theres and in the end we all share the same land injoying what we like to do so in my book i think its stupied to blame one kind of ridders for the shutdown of holylands we all go out there as a body of atv ridiers and we all leave as a body of atv riders there is no difrence between u and me so to blame is not smart. mybe if u loosed up had a beer and some fun u might be fun to ride with but untill then u should work on it see u out at holylands i will be there cant miss me bigsmile on my face alot of beer hot girls liquer and running bikes how they ment to be fast loud fun and scary

2008 brute force 750

Anoriginal

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 09:36:52 AM »

hey mr a****** who dont belong having a atv go get back in your lexus or what ever u drive put yr tie back on and go sit in your office job. b/c if they shut down holylands to atv riders well u no what that means i will build a buggy/air boat/ and or full track drive by your hosue and rub it in while u have nothing todo i will be out in holylands. then i will pull my atv off spin dounuts in the street. i wish i cold see u broke down or stuck out there b/c all i would do is stop graba ice cold beer laugh and speed away and not tell anyone u are stuck . u must be one of those idoits you see on a comercial for buying a new atv wearing full gear and all the other crap u dont need most of the time if u dont like whats going on out there at holylands pretend it all ready shut down and dont go b/c its people like you that will get the place shut down we go out there for fun no to be told what to do by some like u that dont no how to have fun so u do your thing i do mine and the next persone does theres and in the end we all share the same land injoying what we like to do so in my book i think its stupied to blame one kind of ridders for the shutdown of holylands we all go out there as a body of atv ridiers and we all leave as a body of atv riders there is no difrence between u and me so to blame is not smart. mybe if u loosed up had a beer and some fun u might be fun to ride with but untill then u should work on it see u out at holylands i will be there cant miss me bigsmile on my face alot of beer hot girls liquer and running bikes how they ment to be fast loud fun and scary

You're retarded aren't you? Here's some tips for you that may help you along in life (you certainly need it):

1. Punctuation is your friend.

2. Hooked on Phonics is a great program from what I hear.

3. Beer, liquor (what is liquer?), fast, loud, scary, etc...? And you wonder why it's closing? Look in the mirror. You're part of the problem.

4. Please don't ever procreate. Please! Vasectomies are really cheap and I'll give you the money for one if you like.

5. Everyone should wear protective gear if they want to live a long healthy life. If you don't wear it, you're stupid. (That one was easy to figure out though...even for you).

6. Guess what? I've got ATV's and buggies too. Love them both very much. If you every save up enough money mowing yards to buy or build a buggy or airboat, you're welcome to drive past my house. Of course, my house isn't exactly on the way to the Holylands.

7. I've got a BMW, not a Lexus. (Also have a sweet F350).

8. If I get stuck, which happens sometimes (usually it's Chillinthemost's fault), I carry enough equipment with me to extract myself. So, don't worry your little mind with me. It's got enough trouble just remembering to breath for you.

9. Silence is your friend. Most of the time, I'm guessing you'd look a lot smarter if you just don't say anything. Sometimes, people have no idea that a person's stupid until a person opens his or her mouth. I bet you could probably fool a few people by not saying a word.

JackL:

It's coming from the top in the FWC and some other muckety mucks higher up. Send me a PM and I'll fill you in.

jrpro:

Not trying to hurt your feelings. If you re-read your posts along with mine, you'll see that we're close to being on the same page. Regarding the impact of buggies verses ATV's, there is no doubt that a buggy has the potential to do more damage. However, the concern isn't the damage done, it's the manner in which both are used and the people using them. It is much easier to monitor and govern a limited number of buggies and airboats than the large number of ATv's that currently use the place. Also, with the discussion of designated trails heating up, the management process will become more and more easy.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:09:06 AM by Anoriginal » Logged
cg54329

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

I say they the state should focus on speed bikes which are more dangerous and the large increase of deaths lately. Atvs are safe in my opinion.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 10:52:10 AM »

Not trying to hurt your feelings. If you re-read your posts along with mine, you'll see that we're close to being on the same page. Regarding the impact of buggies verses ATV's, there is no doubt that a buggy has the potential to do more damage. However, the concern isn't the damage done, it's the manner in which both are used and the people using them. It is much easier to monitor and govern a limited number of buggies and airboats than the large number of ATv's that currently use the place. Also, with the discussion of designated trails heating up, the management process will become more and more easy.

Thats why I was having a hard time understanding why you were arguing it.  We both are saying the same things Smiley

I understand that buggie and airboat riders/drivers are a lot easier to control because there are a lot less of them than ATV's.  They aren't, for a lack of better words, pissing the FWC officers and head honcho's off enough to want to kick them out. 

Designated trails would be great for that place.  It would just take a ton of hours to set up, monitor, and enforce.

08 Brute 750
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »

You're retarded aren't you? Here's some tips for you that may help you along in life (you certainly need it):

1. Punctuation is your friend.

2. Hooked on Phonics is a great program from what I hear.

3. Beer, liquor (what is liquer?), fast, loud, scary, etc...? And you wonder why it's closing? Look in the mirror. You're part of the problem.

4. Please don't ever procreate. Please! Vasectomies are really cheap and I'll give you the money for one if you like.

5. Everyone should wear protective gear if they want to live a long healthy life. If you don't wear it, you're stupid. (That one was easy to figure out though...even for you).

6. Guess what? I've got ATV's and buggies too. Love them both very much. If you every save up enough money mowing yards to buy or build a buggy or airboat, you're welcome to drive past my house. Of course, my house isn't exactly on the way to the Holylands.

7. I've got a BMW, not a Lexus. (Also have a sweet F350).

8. If I get stuck, which happens sometimes (usually it's Chillinthemost's fault), I carry enough equipment with me to extract myself. So, don't worry your little mind with me. It's got enough trouble just remembering to breath for you.

9. Silence is your friend. Most of the time, I'm guessing you'd look a lot smarter if you just don't say anything. Sometimes, people have no idea that a person's stupid until a person opens his or her mouth. I bet you could probably fool a few people by not saying a word.

its funny just b/c u had to pay someone to build your toys dont mean everyone does. u must not be a real man b/c u gotta hid behind a computer and yr sweet 350 (what real man calls there truck sweet?) if i am not mistaken u must be gay. and if u wanna call me retarded or what not i will take that b/c its much worse to be in the same boat as u with all the other gays. its not to say people as u say like me are gonna get it down its people like u that open your mouth when u should have no say in it. and another thing the kid asked a ? bout ridding holylands on 2wd not why or how its gonna get shut down. and u come in like u are mr no it all. but u aint no anything.and when i get young ones they will be raised just like me to saty away from gays like you b/c all u  and your kind of people do is look to start problems. so what u dont like whats going on at holylands your crying  will not fix any of it. so next time do your self a favor mybe more people would like u if u dont like something just turn the dial and smile Smiley b/c no one like a  mr no it all

2008 brute force 750

Anoriginal

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 08:11:58 AM »

its funny just b/c u had to pay someone to build your toys dont mean everyone does. u must not be a real man b/c u gotta hid behind a computer and yr sweet 350 (what real man calls there truck sweet?) if i am not mistaken u must be gay. and if u wanna call me retarded or what not i will take that b/c its much worse to be in the same boat as u with all the other gays. its not to say people as u say like me are gonna get it down its people like u that open your mouth when u should have no say in it. and another thing the kid asked a ? bout ridding holylands on 2wd not why or how its gonna get shut down. and u come in like u are mr no it all. but u aint no anything.and when i get young ones they will be raised just like me to saty away from gays like you b/c all u  and your kind of people do is look to start problems. so what u dont like whats going on at holylands your crying  will not fix any of it. so next time do your self a favor mybe more people would like u if u dont like something just turn the dial and smile Smiley b/c no one like a  mr no it all

Yep. There's no doubt about it. You're retarded.
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 10:04:42 AM »

and here i thought that all the shitheads littering and dumping their trash by the lake would be the reason holylands would close.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com