Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone broke into my truck  (Read 5440 times)
TNTaylor
MudMarine

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2007, 10:54:19 AM »

My red 2006 F-150 super-crew was broken into at 8th & 157th Fri 15 Jun between 11:30-2:30.  I was parked on 8th right next to the dirt road.  Someone tossed a big rock through the front passenger window.  Apparantly they got scared off because only 2 helmets were taken.  My glove box was open but my PDA and keys to a 2007 Nessan Altima were untouched.  I had a Cannon digital camera in the back seat untouched.  The keys to the truck and locks on the trailer were under the driver's seat.  I was extreemely lucky this time but will definitely be more vigilant from now on.  If I spot someone messing with my truck at any of the popular riding areas, I will either shoot or beat them, which ever is appropriate.  I work hard for my toys and I will definitely f someone up messing with them.  Angry
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:01:20 PM by TNTaylor » Logged

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
yfz122
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

sorry to hear about it. i feel the same way

Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away
Hondabeefast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

dang man...sorry that happened and i too feel the same way

02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R
hwy raptor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 11:42:51 PM »

thats sucks dude.  That happened to some friends of mine a few years ago when we used to park and ride near Miramar and I75. Several cars got broken into there. I dont think it would be anyone who is out there riding and enjoying the same things we do. its probably some local punk kids that live in the area. I would beat there ass with a stick if I catch them messing with anyones stuff  Smash. it wouldnt be a bad idea to set them up, and catch them in the act.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:44:32 PM »

Sorry bro, I hate a damn thief!!!
TNTaylor
MudMarine

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »

Thanks bros.  My window was replaced yesterday (thanks GEICO) and I had a new alam system installed.  Next time someone touches my truck its gonna get noisy.  I just hope i catch these scumbags in the act or riding around wearing one of my helmets.  I can't stand thieves. 

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »

My red 2006 F-150 super-crew was broken into at 8th & 157th Sat 16 Jun between 11:30-2:30.  I was parked on 8th right next to the dirt road.  Someone tossed a big rock through the front passenger window.  Apparantly they got scared off because only 2 helmets were taken.  My glove box was open but my PDA and keys to a 2007 Nessan Altima were untouched.  I had a Cannon digital camera in the back seat untouched.  The keys to the truck and locks on the trailer were under the driver's seat.  I was extreemely lucky this time but will definitely be more vigilant from now on.  If I spot someone messing with my truck at any of the popular riding areas, I will either shoot or beat them, which ever is appropriate.  I work hard for my toys and I will definitely f someone up messing with them.  Angry

Sorry to hear, I too will be carefull at 8th
as to shoot or beat up I feal were getting to old to
roll around in the dirt with a**holes and sc*mbags
so please save your energy and shoot there a**
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 10:19:03 PM »

why do you park off 8th street and not inside by the lake? off 8th  it's an easy target for every dumbass driving by.
TNTaylor
MudMarine

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 07:12:37 AM »

Yea, I learned the hard way.  From now on, I'll be parking back by the lake.  We've been parking on 8th, but always on the weekend, this was the 1st time on a weekday.  I'm proposing we have an open season on theives, with no limit on how many we take.

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »

Taylor,

I was there around that time. My white Expedition was parked on the street in front of my buddies blue Tundra. Behind us was  another truck and a full size van with some graphics on the side.I did not see your truck were I was parked. Were you parked west of the entrance by the Hummer? Only people I saw was some knuckle head in a S-10 suck on the that gravel hill right inside the entrance. He was in front of a white F-150 dumping big pieces of coral rock into the woods. Was there a piece of coral rock in your front seat?  I was with three other people, I was on a red Polaris my buddies were on a red Brute and a grey Polaris and a brown Honda rancher. I did see a guy come from the area of the Hummer on a silver Polaris 800 hauling butt down the side of highway. Hope this helps

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
TNTaylor
MudMarine

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »

Thanks Keeter.  This was on Friday, 15 Jun.  We left around 2:30 and there were no other vehicles around.  Someone or something spooked them because they split without taking anything but my glove compartment and center were open but nothing taken.  I was fortunate this time getting away with only a $50 (Deductible) loss replacing the window.  Yes, there was a large piece of coral rock laying on my seat with glass shattered throughout the cabin.

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »

DuH! I thought you wrote Saturday, my bad.  Huh

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 12:25:37 AM »

That really sucks. That was the first thing someone warned me about when I said I was going there the first time. One of the prices we pay to live in paradise.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
TNTaylor
MudMarine

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 06:42:15 AM »

Yea, live & learn.  I'll be a lot more vigilant from now on watching not only my own gear but everyone around me too.  If I catch a thief, there will be a serious beat down and then I may drag the scum through some mud holes.  I'll be back at 8th & 157 this Saturday.  That place is too much fun to let let a thief run me off.

2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700
illegal26

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 07:00:57 PM »

Yea, I learned the hard way.  From now on, I'll be parking back by the lake.  We've been parking on 8th, but always on the weekend, this was the 1st time on a weekday.  I'm proposing we have an open season on theives, with no limit on how many we take.

No size limit either
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com