Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scout Ride II  (Read 50080 times)
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2005, 12:20:30 AM »

Im down to go just tell me the date  Grin
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2005, 06:44:51 AM »

What are yellow bugs? No-c-ums? Huh

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
odie

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2005, 06:53:45 AM »

saturday June the 11th, (AM) thats all I know!......yellow flies,horse flies,deer flies, they are like  pit bulls with wings that hang out in the forest waiting on ATV riders.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2005, 07:00:25 AM »

are they anything like the dreaded Tsetse flies? Grin

12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
odie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2005, 07:18:39 AM »

I dont thick they carry the sleeping sickness disease, but I clocked one yesterday at 18 MPH so if you ride faster than that your OK.
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2005, 08:17:29 AM »

OK, I want to make this ride but I need to know some things. Will astock Warrior make the ride on 1 tank of gas? If not what can I do about gas? I have no way ro carry any. Also I may have missed them but directions to Ida's, I will be coming from Orange Park. Just give me directions from the turn off into Rodman. Thanks all,

Jim

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2005, 08:21:39 AM »

OK, I want to make this ride but I need to know some things. Will astock Warrior make the ride on 1 tank of gas? If not what can I do about gas? I have no way ro carry any. Also I may have missed them but directions to Ida's, I will be coming from Orange Park. Just give me directions from the turn off into Rodman. Thanks all,

Jim

I belieive they plan on dropping some fuel at a to be determined location somewhere along the projected trail ride.  PM Ida for directions. 

12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2005, 09:04:43 AM »

I will bring fuel to drop and I PMed Ida for directions. I will not be camping and it is not 100% sure that I will make this ride. Might not know for sure if I am going until Friday. I will post if I am not going to make it.

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2005, 09:29:56 AM »

Ok I really want to go but I still am not sure. If the ride starts at 9am what time do you think it wil be over? Do you think we will be back to Ida's by 6-7pm? Let me know! I appreciate it. I will bring 10gal extra fuel to strap to the back of my quad and I will only need a little of it if any at all for myself so I will have some if anyone needs it and I show up, lol

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2005, 12:01:26 PM »

Horse flys have only bit me when I go swimin and im wet. They never bothered me when I was dry. Oh well they still hurt.
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

beware of the green trucks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2005, 05:30:23 PM »

Jeff. rode the forest today and you were right about the yellow flies,(bring bug spray) I think we will park on 88 and ride to Ida`s sat. morning.what time are we leaving and where are we dropping fuel ??thanks
'
we should try to meet up at 8:00am and plan to pull out by 9:00am. the northern route will be around 80-90 miles. we should be back to ida's late afternoon. anyone up for a ride south we'll play it by ear. depends on when we get back and mechanical issues.
possible fuel drop locations could be rodman dam or eurika dam. rodman is close to the halfway point. just hide it good, and remember where you put it. i'll have 3.5 gallons with me and will have some in my truck for the southerly route. if i can dig up a map i'll try to post it. i posted some last year but they are probably deleted.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2005, 07:43:41 PM »

Would it be possible to load all the fuel into someones truck and run it to Rodman befor the ride starts. I have a large suv and would be willing to work something out. Maybe put the gas inside and leave the windows open a small bit would be ok. don't know how that would work but just a thought.

Jim,

gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2005, 08:27:27 PM »

sounds like a great time, i'd really like to go. Few questions

Whats gonna be the pace of the ride? i dont need to do 60 the whole time, but i dont wanna just putt around, im sure that wont be the case though.

...actually only one question, the rest i need to ask id@ Grin

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2005, 09:33:26 PM »

Whats gonna be the pace of the ride?

i like to run 20-25 most of the time, some times i'll hammer down. we try to wait up for everyone. we are basically trail riding but try to have something for everyone. in places we let the faster riders go ahead so they can open it up. in places that are tricky as far as crisscrossing trails and such, its best to let the people lead that know those particular trails. we'll have a little meeting before getting started.

jeff
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:35:05 PM by jjamesbar » Logged

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2005, 09:38:29 PM »

Would it be possible to load all the fuel into someones truck and run it to Rodman befor the ride starts.

Jim,

not a bad idea jim. probably best if it was in the back of a truck and not inside your suv though.

jeff

jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2005, 09:44:34 PM »

I dont thick they carry the sleeping sickness disease, but I clocked one yesterday at 18 MPH so if you ride faster than that your OK.

was that a stock yellow fly or did it have any mods?  Grin

btw, be prepared for rain. me, odie and a few others took an 80 mile ride back in march. it rained the last 75 miles of the ride, the first 5 miles were nice. we dont let the rain stop us.

jeff

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2005, 11:04:14 PM »

jjamesbar, my place is about a mile north of the fenced off pit. I'm 3 houses down from the pig pen bar right on the paved road and directly across from a major trail. I can even check and see if the bar would be willing to serve lunch to everyone. If someone wants to drop off gas or coolers they can be put in my enclosed trailer. Then I may follow you guys to the Eureka pit. Give me a shout if you want to work something out 941-812-2822, Matt.
 If anyone would be interested in the Pig Pen lunch thing speak up so I can ckeck on that.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2005, 11:28:49 PM »

Don't know if I'm going to make this ride after all. My Dad goes under the knife wednesday, tripple heart bypass, so I'll be there for a few days. I will be close, so we might make it after all. Have a good ride everyone, and say a prayor for my Dad.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
qt314nfla

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2005, 12:02:44 AM »

I like the idea of having a gas drop as opposed to having to carry it.  I have room to carry mine.  Bad thing is I don't have a cap for my gas can anymore, lost it somewhere.  On top of that if I want to jump whoops or ride hard I can't do it w/ gas attached.  I really like the idea of having a trailer to drop it off at.

The gas drop seems to be of up most concern to alot of ppl.  We are doing the ride on Sat.  so it seems it would be good to have this settled before the ride.  Any suggestions? 

Either way I can't wait.  I've been looking forward to this ride for quite some time.  Also looking forward to meeting some new riders.  Anyone coming from the west coast PM me and I'll hook you up w/ directions from 75. 
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2005, 01:26:50 AM »

I can carry enough gas with me to get me by but it would be nice to just drop it somewhere. If we are planning for around 80 miles I shouldn't need more than 5 gallons for both quads probably about 3.

jbbj- I am still unsure if I am going to be able to come down and camp the whole weekend but as of right now it looks like I am just going to be coming down for the day on Saturday. You are more than welcome to follow me down I can meet you some place off 17. Wink

Bruce sorry to hear about your Dad. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers!

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
odie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2005, 08:23:17 AM »

Jeff,  I think the yellow fly was stock.he should easly be able to hit 24 or 25 with the right  mods.
jbbj220

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2005, 09:09:29 AM »

Hollywood, I sent you a PM.

Jim,

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2005, 10:36:41 AM »

I forgot I had plans saturday! I guess I will see you all on the next ride. or fishin trip, whatever comes first.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2005, 11:54:06 PM »

I won't be able to do 80-90 miles. Arthritis in my hands and spine. Wife won't do that distance, either. We're out. Sorry! Undecided
Kurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
jjamesbar
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2005, 06:03:09 AM »

jjamesbar, my place is about a mile north of the fenced off pit.

matt,
since the 88 store is now located in a restricted area i would like to add this as a stop for future rides. is there any gas stations near you. the lunch thing may be hard to coordinate as we really have no control over no-shows or the actual time of arrival. i rode some trails north of that pit but it was about 3 yrs ago so im not familliar with that area.  do you have gps coordinates?

jeff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com